Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi SrivastavYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from acute pain on both foot behind ankle and above bottom of heal and on metatarsal. Even feel to walk. What is cause of this problem.
I am 30 years old male I have back bone pain and head ek also so in this situation you can suggest what I can do it for this?
Almost 8 out of 10 individuals have low back pain eventually in life. It is one of the top reasons people look for medical treatment. It is likewise the number one reported reason for acupuncture therapy.
Acupuncture started in China over 2,500 years back. It includes inserting slim needles at specific points on the body. As per traditional Chinese practices, the body has more than 2,000 of these points. They are associated by pathways or meridians, which make a stream of energy called Qi (pronounced "chee").
The impacts originate from the centre of our nervous system. Release of chemicals into the muscles, spinal rope, and cerebrum is then triggered.
- To begin with, your acupuncturist will get some information about your medical history. This will help him in exploring the various trouble giving points as avoiding those that may lead to an aggravation of the problem. Also, with this information, the acupuncturist will also be able to arrive at the exact treatment that will suit your body and system, as well as the symptoms that you may be experiencing.
- He or she will then examine your tongue's shape, shading, and covering, feel your heartbeat, and perhaps play out some extra physical examinations depending upon your health. This helps in understanding the various patterns related to sleep, exercise, diet and digestion. In keeping with these findings, the acupuncturist will then home in on the exact points that require treatment.
- Keeping the aforementioned in mind, he/she will then appoint the appropriate treatment plan to address your specific condition.
- To start the needle therapy treatment, you lay easily on a treatment table while exact acupoints are determined on different points of your back.
- Lastly, the fine needles are then tenderly set. The needles are usually sterilised and new before they are inserted.
Benefits for back pain:
- It enhances the body's self-healing process by stimulating the acupuncture points.
- Releases your body from chronic pain and specifically helps the lumbar region in better balance so that back pain is avoided.
- This method warms the body and creates a more congenial environment for pain free good health.
- Protects it against pathogens.
- Contains natural liquids. Changes those liquids into other usable types of energy for the body.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Improves sleep.
- Improves the digestive framework.
- Gives you a sense of well-being
Apart from infrequent throbbing and soreness at the acupoints, there are no such side effects if you visit an established acupuncturist. If practiced by an experienced acupuncturist, the technique is highly effective and beneficial. Additionally, acupuncture is the safest therapy for back pain.
Individuals suffering from continuous back pain have observed needle therapy to be useful. Numerous Pain Clinics now utilize needle therapy as a standard treatment.
What are muscle knots?
Muscle knots are points within a muscle where contracted fibers are unable to release, or, as the dictionary puts it: highly irritable localized spots of exquisite tenderness in a nodule in palpable taunt bands of muscle tissue.
A common problem for active people, muscle knots technically called myofascial trigger points, or mtps feel like a small knot to your fingertips. These knots can range from the size of a pinhead in smaller muscles to the size of your thumb in larger muscles. 2
Muscle knots can cause pain in two ways: (1) latent trigger points, which are knots that only hurt when you put pressure on them, and (2) active trigger points, which are knots that actively refer pain along your neural pathways, causing it in non-localized areas.
Trigger points in a constant state of contraction have excess metabolic waste and oxygen use because blood flow to this area stops this sends pain signals to the brain. Because your brain wants to stop the pain, it commands the muscle to rest, which leads to under-usage of the muscle. This is what makes the muscle shorten and tighten up.
What causes muscle knots?
The most common causes of muscle knots are:
1) accidents acute trauma, such as bad falls sports injuries that strain you joints and muscles
2) postural stress sitting too long with poor posture, sitting with no support, lifting improperly
Hello. My friend's name is rahul. He is 20 years old, he had a backpain since two month. He had many things to get relief but he can't got any relief, he gets only pain after any treatment. He was so worried about it, so please do something and help him.
I have an accident & injured . My right knee have ACL tear. Dr. says surgery is only solution. Is this right? Is their any solution of recovery without surgery ?
I am suffering from back pain for 1 month. I have tried every pain killer and cream but nothing work. What should I do?
Hello Doctor, My right foot broken 2 times, right now I'm working in hotel and stand there for 16 hours, and I feel pain in my foot. What can I do now?
I am suffering from back pain since last 4 years. Doctors told that there is no serious problem. But I felt the pain regularly, what should I do please suggest.
I have pain on my hand from over one and half month what should I do? is it because of cervical problem?
I have severe joint pain and I am already under medication but can you please tell me some remedies for pain reductions.
Hi! I am 25 years old and I have a knee problem, there is pain in my knees whenever I walk for long period what should I do.
I am having pain in heels from past several months. Off late it has increased and I am finding difficulty in walking. The pain is now coming to the knees and then to the spine. Please let me know possible reason for the same.
A broken nose, often referred to as a fractured nose or a nasal fracture, it is a crack or break in the bones of your nose. The bone that is more prone to getting fractured is the one over the bridge of the nose.
There can be a lot of reasons for a broken nose. Common causes include falling down on your face or the nose being hit by a blunt object. Your nose may look twisted and you might have trouble breathing. A nasal fracture can cause pain in the nose and is usually accompanied by bruising and inflammation around the nose.
Any activity that tends to increase the possibility of facial injuries can also increase the possibility of a nasal fracture. The common risk factors include playing contact sports like soccer or rugby without proper face protection. Riding a two wheeler without a helmet or not using seat belt in a four wheeler can cause a nasal fracture if the vehicle meets with an accident. Physical fights can also result in a broken nose.
Symptoms and complications:
The common symptoms of a nasal fracture are:
- Pain in the nasal region. You may feel pain just by touching your nose.
- Swelling around the nasal region can also be observed.
- Your nose and the region below the eyes may be bruised.
- Sometimes you may experience breathing problems as well, since your nasal passage can be blocked due to a nasal fracture.
- Loss of shape of your nose along with bleeding and discharge of mucus from it are common signs of a nasal fracture.
There can be a lot of complications that can occur due to a broken nose. The complications may vary according to the nature of injury.
The common complications are:
- Clotting and collection of blood. Due to a heavy injury to your nose, the blood tends to clot in large quantities and sometimes can cause blockages in the nostrils. This condition is specifically referred to as septal hematoma and needs a quick surgical procedure to prevent any sort of breathing problems.
- Another complication that can result due to a nasal fractures nasal cartilage fracture or a deviation in the septum.
- Sometimes the impact of the blow, which has caused a fracture in the nose can also result in a neck injury. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.