Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pallavi Purohit
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi PurohitYour feedback matters!
Hi doctors, we are planning for child. Can you please suggest us for correct time period for planning. Ill get periods every month regularly. Last month I got 28 (july).
A urinary tract infection or UTI can be quite painful and uncomfortable. This infection can be described as an infection that affects the ureter, urethra, bladder or kidneys. Women have a shorter urethra than men which makes this more vulnerable to this kind of infection.
It is said that most women suffer from at least one bout of this infection in a lifetime. Urinary tract infections are caused by bacteria and may often recur after treatment. However, in most cases, this can easily be prevented. Here are a few tips to help prevent recurrent urinary tract infections.
- Drink plenty of fluids: Ideally, we should drink 8-10 glasses of water a day at regular intervals. This keeps the body hydrated and flushes toxins and bacteria from the body. Water also prevents the formation of kidney stones that could increase your risk of suffering from a urinary tract infection.
- Urinate frequently: If you drink the required amount of water, you will typically need to urinate frequently. Do not try to control your bladder. Holding your urine in your bladder allows bacteria to multiply inside the bladder. This is an easy way for a UTI to begin.
- Follow healthy bathroom habits: Cleanliness is the first step to preventing any infection. When using public restrooms, flush the toilet before and after urinating. In the case of women, it becomes important to ensure that the seat of the toilet is clean as well. After urinating wipe the residual urine with toilet paper in a motion that goes from front to back. Since the urethra is situated very close to the rectum, this step is very important. For uncircumcised men, it is important to wash the foreskin after urination.
- Wear loose clothes: Tight fitting clothes trap moisture and aid in the multiplication of bacteria. Hence, always wear loose fitting clothes that keep the area around the urethra dry. Also, avoid synthetic underwear and only wear cotton underwear.
- Urinate after intercourse: The relative closeness of the vagina to the urethra makes it easy for bacteria to enter the urethra during intercourse. Hence, make it a habit of washing your pubic region after intercourse and urinating. This helps flush out any possible bacteria that may have entered your body.
- Choose the correct method of birth control: Certain types of birth control such as diaphragms and spermicidal agents can promote a urinary tract infection. Hence, it is best to avoid these types of birth control and pick alternatives.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Its my 3rd month of pregnancy, LMP was on 24 August 2016. 2) Experiencing some spotting pinkish in colour and vaginal discharge sometimes white or sometimes dusky brown. 3) Due to that, I went for an ultrasound and everything was ok. 4) But today, I again found spotting (blood drop after urination, and pinkish stain in tissue paper. 5) its a 4-5 times during my pregnancy period, when I am experiencing such problem. 6) there is no itching, no cramping which shows any sign of infection.
I am 30 years old and married and 3 years old child. My vagina got hurt during intercourse at pelvic place. Its paining me for past 2 days. No other symptoms of bleeding or itching. Kindly suggest to get rid of pain.
What will be the total cost for ivf treatment is it on low cost I belongs from middle class so I can't afford high amount treatment kindly prefer me if any low cost treatment. I am diabetic patient.
Mam I have a sex problem my husband have no problem but my body language not encouraged for sex last 2 years I will try to be pregnant but no result are there my reports are normal my periods are not properly come. Tell me the best soln.
I have constipation & gas problem. My period time is change day by day. I have little flow for two days when I am in period. My stomach is become big. So please suggest me for food & food timing & some ayurvedic tips.
Lip Correction is performed by women who want reduction of the inner lips on the outside of the vagina or labia minora. The reduction is done as many women are uncomfortable with the shape as well as the size of their labia. The swelling of the labia often causes discomfort in exercising, and women are unable to wear bathing suits as well as fitting clothes. It also causes interference in the sexual activity and sometimes it becomes very embarrassing and difficult to maintain basic hygiene.
There are numerous variations in the thickness, size, color and shape of the vaginal tissues and not many women are aware of the prominent size as well as size of their labia. There are many women who are not at all concerned with the appearance of the labia. However, some women who suffer from these symptoms are very upset and feel their self-image is diminished, and it is important in such case that reduction of the Labia minora be done. It is through Lip Corrections that women can take control of their body and reshape their labia just like women who do augmentation of their breasts.
It is very important to know everything about Lip Correction before opting for this surgery. It is important to do some research online and visit websites that provide information on vaginal surgeries. The surgical techniques that are used for Lip Corrections are many, but it must be conducted by a certified surgeon who is well-experienced and does the vaginal rejuvenation with perfection.
When Must Lip Corrections Be Considered-
Lip Corrections is a surgical process, and that is done specially to correct an outsized or irregular labia minora. The tissues adjacent to the vulva of the vagina are reduced, and this surgery is done both for aesthetic reasons as well as for medical purposes. The surgery can be considered by a woman at times to feel physiologically and emotionally good, and at times it is done for purposes like.
- Irregular shape of the labia
- Oversize of the vaginal folds
- Protruding labia
- Discomfort caused due to thickness of the Labia
- Labial disease that can occur after childbirth
- Duration of Surgery
The excess skin is cut, and then it is sewn over the edge during the surgery. The disadvantage of this surgery is that after the surgery, the long vertical stitch line gives the area an unattractive appearance. It takes approximately an hour and half for the surgery to take place, and the patient is generally given local anaesthesia during the surgery.