Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PallaviYour feedback matters!
I want to know the reasons for irregular menstruation cycle. I want to know the healthy diet for increasing my hemoglobin and blood purification.
Many men claim to get by on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a day, but robbing the body of its required sleep has a number of side effects. The human body requires a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a day. There are two main reasons men don't get enough sleep: intentionally staying awake late at night and sleep disorders, such as insomnia, sleep apnea etc.
Here's how depriving your body of sleep can harm your sexual health:
- Less testosterone: The male body produces testosterone while he sleeps. When the body does not get adequate sleep and rest, it produces less testosterone. As the insomnia continues, this situation worsens. This leads to a low sex drive and poor libido.
- Low self esteem: Testosterone also influences the way the body stores fat and hence less testosterone can also lead to gynecomastia. This is condition where male bodies develop breasts as a result of an increase in body fat. Lowered testosterone levels in a male body also lead to reduced muscle strength and hence an overall lower sense of well-being.
- Erectile dysfunction: Inadequate sleep can result in obstructive sleep apnea. This is linked to the lowered levels of testosterone in the body as patients with sleep apnea do not reach the stage of REM sleep when testosterone is produced. Thus, sleep apnea can lead to erectile dysfunction where a man is unable to get or maintain an erection while having sex.
- Low sperm count: Testosterone plays an important role in sperm production. The relation between the two is simple: the higher the testosterone levels; the more the body produces sperm. Thus, if you do not get adequate sleep, your sperm count can be affected leading to infertility.
- Sexual misunderstanding: Sleep deprivation can affect your decision making and understanding of the other person's intentions. Thus, if you haven't slept properly, you are more likely to make uncalled for sexual advances and misunderstand your partner's sexual expectations.
- Accelerates aging: The body sheds dead cells and grows new cells while it sleeps. Thus, if the body is deprived of adequate sleep, the gaining process is accelerated. Not only does this bring on an early onset of wrinkles but it also lowers your sexual drive. Lowered testosterone may also lead to early balding.
- Fatigue: If the body doesn't get its required rest, you start the day feeling tired instead of refreshed. As the day goes on, this tiredness increases and is accompanied by irritability and aggression. When you're in such a bad moon and constantly tired the chances of wanting to be physically intimate with another person decrease.
Last month I got periods again after 14 days counting day one as first day. And this time it was for 10 days. 3/4 days Before commencement I used to get pinching pain only I the tip of my breasts. It went away after the period started those ended on 6th march. Again I M getting pain in the tips. Some times its really bad, I have to hold them, rub gently, press lightly for few mins. It's more on one side. FYI I am going through a lot of stress. Stress beyond my capabilities. Nowadays. Financial crises, no mediclaim. Is it due to that.. Or is this Menopause. Please help. Pleaaassseee.
This should be a STAPLE of your diet if you want to gain muscle mass. Why? Because it is loaded with all sorts of things conducive to muscle growth. On average, a three-ounce serving of lean beef is only 154 calories, yet it provides ten essential nutrients, including iron, zinc and B-vitamins. More importantly, it provides your body with high quality protein (not all proteins are equal), and a high level of amino acid that works with insulin to promote muscle growth. For those who are trying to lose weight, this should come as great news – a 3 ounce serving of lean beef provides roughly the same amount of protein as 1.5 cups of beans, but at half the calories.
2. Skinless Chicken
Like beef, it is an excellent source of high quality protein, which is important for muscle maintenance and repair, bone health, and weight maintenance. And of course, there are so many ways you can cook and prepare chicken. Go down to the store and you can easily find chicken meat cut into single serving sizes that can be seasoned and quickly cooked.
3. Cottage Cheese
Not many people know this, but cottage cheese constitutes relatively pure casein protein. For those who don’t know, casein protein is a slow-digesting protein, which means it is perfect for muscle maintenance. This is useful especially for guys who have no choice but to go long periods without eating. Not forgetting, cottage cheese is also an excellent source of vitamin B12, calcium, and other important nutrients. My advice: buy the nonfat/low-fat versions.
Eggs contain high quality protein, nine essential amino acids, choline, the right kind of fat, and vitamin D. To sum it up, they are the most value for money. And please note, eggs are not harmful for your health.
5. Whey Protein
There is a reason why whey protein supplements are the most popula
r supplement in the bodybuilding world because they provide a fast and convenient source of protein at an affordable price. Bodybuilders normally use them when they wake up, right after their workout, and mixed with some of their meals. However, for those of us non-bodybuilders, simply using it right after our workouts can be very effective for muscle mass gains. Do not rely on it completely though. It’s more important to get high quality protein from whole foods, and use whey protein as a boost.
6.Tuna and Other Fish
High in protein, low in fat, and rich in omega-3 fatty acids. The key here is omega-3 fatty acids. They are essential, not only for health reasons, but also because they improve fat loss and ensure the proper function of your body processes, such as your metabolism.
Oatmeal is an ideal source of carbs due to both its low glycemic index (GI) value and the fact it is minimally processed. The benefits of a low GI diet are as follows:
Better micronutrient profile and more fiber
Lower subsequent energy intake (second meal effect)
In short, enhanced fat loss for those looking to lose weight, and a constant source of carbs for muscle preservation.
8. Whole Grains
Whole grains digest more efficiently and provide more nutrients than refined grains, and as such promote sustained energy levels and overall health. For instance, brown rice can help boost your growth hormone levels, which are critical for encouraging lean muscle growth, fat loss, and strength gains.
9. Fruits and Vegetables
top 10 foods for muscle gain, eating for muscle gain, muscle gain dietFirstly, fruits and vegetables are a rich source of antioxidants, which are essential for the healthy functioning of your immune system. Secondly, they provide tons of other nutrients, such as vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene. Finally, your body requires the fiber these fruits and vegetables provide, which helps to flush out the substances your body does not need.
10. Healthy Fats
Good fats are essential for muscle growth. In fact, they play an essential role in hormone production (testosterone and growth hormones) that is responsible for muscle growth and strength gains. Your metabolic rate is elevated as well, which helps you shed more fats. In addition, fats are needed for many important maintenance functions. Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats are the good fats. You can find them in salmon, other fishes, nuts, leafy veggies, oils such as flaxseed, avocados, and seeds. They are also all rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
Sir my friend has sex with her gf sex mean not a sex he just put into pussy and taken out in fraction of minute no sperm entered into her he thinks but he was fully tension that any problem or any effect will happen can you give a solution for one time (even in fraction of minute) will give pregnancy it is my doubt can you please clear.
I am experiencing lot of pain in vagina after having sex, vaginal discharge has also increased, I have checked for pregnancy and its negative. Can I know the reason due to which it may happen.
I am 25yrs old. I am having irregular periods problem for 4months. By 4 months upto still I didnt get any periods. What can I do for regular periods? and what is the reason for irregular periods?
I am 32 years male. Married 2 years ago. But still do not have any child. Tried many medicines. Tried many doctors. And lots of home remedies. Earlier doctors detected it as oligospermia. Bt now the reports are good. Is there any special diet or medicine to get rid of this problem. What should be the final list of DO's.
Will iui, ivf etc will work for hormonal imbalance and thyroid having female's what are the chances of conceiving? When conceived sneezing and cough should not be present?
Hello Doctor, I have been married since 8 months. Before my marriage I had leukorrhea I guess. I was taking homeopathic medicines for this but there was no effect .then it gotta cured by itself .again this problem started from last few days. I am getting weaker day by day. Losing interest in everything .constant irritation and itching happening with large amount of mucosal white discharge but no fowl odour. decreased appetite and light brownish urination too. Suffering with stomach ache and nausea continuously. Please help me out. Thanks.
There is very little awareness or action to ensure vaginal health for women. There aren't many public discussions to be witnessed and women basically survive on whatever little they know and experience.
Here are a few things you can do to improve your vaginal health, naturally:
1. Drink lots of water - our body is 70% water. And water alone is the cure to a lot of our basic health problems. To have a healthy vagina too, you should drink a lot of water. The science behind this is that mucous vaginal membranes need a lot of water.
2. Go nuts - almonds, flaxseeds, walnuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, and such nuts should be eaten in plenty. The essential minerals in them regulate your monthly cycle and also ensure that you do not face dryness, itchiness, etc.
3. Have garlic - we all know that garlic has anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties. Eating them raw helps cure infections. Wrapping a clove of fresh garlic into gauze and making a sort of a tampon, inserting it into your vagina and leaving it overnight would actually cure itchiness, dryness and infections.
4. Try cranberry juice - cranberries (the pure form, and not the bottled ones) are known to be beneficial for the bladder. They also acidify the urine and balance the ph in your vagina.
5. Less sugar is good - sugars, wheat and alcohols should be avoided when trying to heal an infection. It is advisable to consume these products as less as possible. The sweetness from all these foods disbalance the ph level of the vagina. If you want your vagina to be healthy, avoid rich, processed and sugary foods, and eat a balanced diet with a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!