Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pallavi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PallaviYour feedback matters!
1. Eat Frequent and Small Meals
Overeating has to be avoided to keep the metabolism in a high calorie burning state. Taking frequent and small meals, like five to six small meals throughout the day would be ideal.
Reports suggest that breastfeeding helps in burning upto 500 calories a day, which would aid in losing those pregnancy pounds.
3. Drink lots of water.
Hydration is helpful for weight loss, helping digestion and suppressing appetite. Normally skin coils back quickly, when it is pressed. If it does not happen, it may be sign of dehydration. Target at least for eight-ten glasses a day depending on weather.
Sugary or deep fried foods are to be avoided. Keep washed and cut fruit and veggies on hand for easy picking. Try frozen grapes or apples with peanut better for a satisfying alternative. Store your cupboard/refrigerator with high-fiber an low fat snack and dump the chips and ice-cream. The likelihood of eating unhealthy food increases if it is stored and easily accessible.
5. Eat lean protein
fatty meats may be replaced with leaner options like chicken and fish. In case of meats. Red meats are better than white meats. Fish is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acid which is helpful in many ways. Vegetarian options like soya chunks and skimmed mild are also good source of low fat proteins.
6. Think Ahead
With a baby at home it is sometimes hard to get time for cooking. Instead of bringing in outside food frequently, spend a few hours on sunday preparing food for the week if a maid is not available. Then divide it into individual servings and freez them. Help may be taken from family and friends to help you come back to action.
7. Get moving
A physiotherapist may help about easy exercise. Whenever it's time to get moving, take small steps to get started- try a walk around the neighborhood or look for local classes like post-partum yoga or aerobics, or even small walks with baby in a stroller. Try to bet 30 minutes of exercise, at least three time a week.
8. Load up on fiber
fiber not only makes you feel full, it also clears the bowels. Eat lots of soluble fiber foods such a oatmeal, fresh fruits and vegetables would be ideal.
What if the male does fingering to female with precum can tgis cause pregnancy? What kind of discharge is seen in early pregnancy?
Dear doctor im male 23 years old I have one doubt I did sex with one girl. But I did only anal sex with her so if the girl has aids it will come to me. Could you clear my doubt?
It is as important for the man as it is for the woman to undergo certain tests before the IVF cycle is started. Fertility is not only an issue for a woman, but it also might be for the man in question. There are certain tests that need to be conducted on men before they can gear up for IVF:
1. Semen Analysis: One of the most important tests for male infertility is semen analysis. Sometimes, a man may be completely healthy, but his sperm production could be of poor quality. Semen analysis is done to provide an accurate evaluation of sperm number, the ability to move (motility), size and shape (morphology), as well as the consistency and volume of the sample collected.
2. Binding Test: Sometimes agglutination occurs where the sperms might stick to each other by their heads or tails. Sperm antibodies might cause this problem. The IVF treatment's success might be compromised if this happens. A simple binding test is done to determine this.
3. Trial Wash: This is also known as sperm wash. It is mostly done to remove chemicals from the sperm. Not doing a sperm wash might end up affecting the later stages of the IVF treatment. In this process, the misshapen and immotile sperm is separated so a clean sample of motile and healthy sperm can be collected.
4. TUNEL Assay: Since sperms build up about half of a child's genetic makeup, a TUNEL Assay or 'sperm DNA test' is required. This test is done to measure the sperm population that have fragmented DNA. Negative impacts on genetics can hamper the success of the fertility treatment.
TUNEL Assay is usually recommended to men with:
- Leukocytes detected by the sperm analysis
- Age approaching 50
- A history of diabetes II type or prostatitis
- Exposure to chemicals or prolonged heat at workplaces
5. Screening for Infectious Diseases: This test is done for both the partners to check for diseases like AIDS, Hepatitis C, and so on.
After minor surgery of fallopian tube and biopsy procedure to take sample for examination (infertility, I am feeling pain in abdomen due to inflation in stomach from gas. Burps are coming frequently. Is it common to happen this, after 2 days of procedure. Please advise, is it complicated? Or what precautions to take. Thank you.
How long does the bleeding stays after cesarean operation and after how many days periods will start?
I am 12 I don't have my periods. All of my friends doli, kusum, chesta, divya and priya got their i am not able to tell to my mom too please help me doctor. Thank you.
I am 24 year old female. I got married 2 months before. I have problem of irregular periods before marriage also. Now from last 2 months my periods stopped. There is no pregnancy. Whn I take medicines at tht tym periods come. Kindly tell me wht problem I have.
I am 24 years old. I have irregular periods. Just for 2-3 days per month. And m gaining weight. Having pimples please suggest some home made remedy.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
Low or reduced libido has been a point of concern for many years and if left neglected it can negatively impact your love life. Read on to know how you can boost your libido with these ornamental tips.
- Have a positive mental attitude and keep your stress level low: If you feel good and self confident you may feel more sexual and attractive to your partner.
- Consider, but do not overly rely on supplements that claim to increase your libido.Take a bite out of a forbidden fruit: Figs, bananas and avocados, for example, are considered libido-boosting foods, known as aphrodisiacs. And they are provide certain vitamins smooths the blood flow..
- Be a poser: Yoga does more than just get you limber, it may boost your libido, too. Yoga may also improve your orgasms by increasing blood flow down there.
- Indulge in all things chocolate: Throughout history, chocolate has been a symbol of desire. Not just because of its delicious taste, but because of its power to improve sexual pleasure.
- Find out which scenarios spark magic for you and your partner: You do not need to recreate every detail from those scenes. With a little imagination, improvisational role-playing, you can incorporate one or two key elements from the scene, such as a costume or a prop - and create a scenario that is likely to liven the mood.
- Take your daily herbs: Ginkgo biloba, an extract derived from the leaf of the Chinese ginkgo tree, is another herb found to treat antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction.
- Seek the help of a sex therapist, if necessary: If you are experiencing sexual problems that prevent you from desiring, initiating, or enjoying sex, consider whether these issues may be psychological in origin.
- Be patient: If you have a partner who is being treated for lost interest in and enjoyment in sex, or for issues relating to sexual performance, be patient and realize that treatment can take several months or more to be effective.
- Take a whiff: Whiffing can also work for you. But the scent of your man postworkout might do just that. Sniffing his sweat can increase your level of the stress hormone cortisol, which may boost arousal. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
As you are reading this article, you may find several plastic items within your reach, your computer or phone, a pen, maybe an old food container in your kitchen. Today, plastic is everywhere in our lives. It has become an icon of convenience culture.
Is it really safe?&nbsp;
Before we take a call whether plastic we are using is safe or not, it is important to understand different type of plastics. Society of plastic industry has grouped plastics into 7 different categories separate code called spi is given to each plastic, which is marked in triangle symbol at the bottom of each plastic bottle.
Spi code #1:
Plastic marked with an spi code of 1 is made with polyethylene terephthalate, which is also known as pete or pet. Pete-based containers sometimes absorb odours and flavors from foods and drinks that are stored inside of them. Items made from this plastic are commonly recycled.
Beverage bottles, medicine jars, peanut butter jars, combs, beanbags, and rope.
Recycled pete is used to make tote bags, carpet, fiber fill material in winter clothing, and more.
Impression: okay to use. Not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones.
Spi code #2:
The spi code of 2 identifies plastic made with high-density polyethylene, or hdpe. Hdpe products are very safe and are not known to leach any chemicals into foods or drinks. (however, due to the risk of contamination from previously held substances, please note: it is never safe to reuse an hdpe bottle as a food or drink container if it didn't originally contain food or drink!) hdpe products are commonly recycled.
Items made from this plastic include containers for milk, motor oil, shampoos and conditioners, soap bottles, detergents, and bleaches. Many personalized toys are made from this plastic as well.
Recycled hdpe is used to make plastic crates, plastic lumber, fencing, and more.
Impression: good to use. Not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones.
Spi code #3:
Plastic labeled with an spi code of 3 is made with polyvinyl chloride, or pvc. Pvc is not often recycled and can be harmful if ingested.
Pvc is used for all kinds of pipes and tiles, but it's most commonly found in plumbing pipes. This kind of plastic should not come in contact with food items.
Recycled pvc is used to make flooring, mobile home skirting, and other industrial-grade items.
Impression: avoid using it as it contains plasticisers such as deha or phthalates that can leach into food.
Spi code #4:
Plastic marked with an spi code of 4 is made with low-density polyethylene, or ldpe. Ldpe is not commonly recycled, but it is recyclable in certain areas. It tends to be both durable and flexible. It also is not known to release harmful chemicals into objects in contact with it, making it a safe choice for food storage.
Plastic cling wrap, sandwich bags, squeezable bottles, and plastic grocery bags all are made from ldpe.
Recycled ldpe is used to make garbage cans, lumber, furniture, and many other products seen in and around the house.
Impression: ok to use. Not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones, but not as widely recycled as #1 or #2.
Spi code #5:
Consumers will find the spi code of 5 on plastic items made with polypropylene, or pp. Pp can be recycled but is not accepted for recycling as commonly as pete or hdpe. This type of plastic is strong and can usually withstand higher temperatures.
Among many other products, it is used to make plastic diapers, tupperware, margarine containers, yogurt boxes, syrup bottles, prescription bottles, and some stadium cups. Plastic bottle caps often are made from pp as well.
Recycled pp is used to make ice scrapers, rakes, battery cables, and similar items that need to be durable.
Impression: ok to use. Hazardous during production, but not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones. Not as widely recycled as #1 and #2.
Spi code #6:
Plastic marked with an spi code of 6 is made with polystyrene, also known as ps and most commonly known as styrofoam. Ps can be recycled, but not efficiently; recycling it takes a lot of energy, which means that few places accept it.
Disposable coffee cups, plastic food boxes, plastic cutlery, packing foam, and packing peanuts are made from ps.
Recycled ps is used to make many different kinds of products, including insulation, license plate frames, and rulers.
Impression: avoid using it as researchers have investigated possible health risks from traces of styrene monomer. This risk seems to be low.
Spi code #7:
The spi code of 7 is used to designate miscellaneous types of plastic that are not defined by the other six codes. Bisphenol a (bpa), polycarbonate and polylactide are included in this category. These types of plastics are difficult to recycle.
Polycarbonate, or pc, is used in baby bottles, large water bottles (multiple-gallon capacity), compact discs, and medical storage containers.
Recycled plastics in this category are used to make plastic lumber, among other products.
Impression: totally avoid using it as it polycarbonate can release bpa into food, especially when bottles are washed for reuse. Can leach into food as product ages.
Avoid recycling symbols 3, 6, and 7. While number 1 is considered safe, it is also best to avoid this plastic. Look for symbols 2, 4, and 5, as these plastics are considered to be safest.
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 08067417780 (dial extension: 778)
migraine-: ayurvedic view
Migraine headaches are commonly defined as episodic or recurrent severe headaches, typically of a throbbing or stabbing nature, usually on one side of the head, the neck or behind the eye.
~~migraine pain commonly lasts for about 6 to 48hrs.
~~migraine is triggered by some factors which result in excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of blood vessels in the head.
~~migraine may or may not be preceded by an aura; aura may cause visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig-zags, sparkles or blurring of a visual field.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
B. Origin of migraine headaches:
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
C. Pain management-:
1. Avoiding the cause and trigger factors.
2. Keeping a diary record of specific foods were eaten, environmental exposure, sleep patterns may help to identify personal trigger factors.
3. Sneha nasya therapy at home-: sneha nasya, instillation of medicated oils to the nostrils by shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits.
4. Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
5. Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from migraine.
7. Take half glass of carrot juice. Add half glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice twice daily.
8. Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
11. According to Ayurveda virechan (laxative therapy) is an effective way to reduce excess pitta. Castor oil or warm milk with ghee or triphla at bedtime is helpful.
12. Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
13. Morning and evening walk followed by brisk exercise is recommended.
14. Avoid hard physical exertional exercises and aggressive sports competitions.
15. Avoid working for long hours continuously; take short breaks. Have a good night's sleep (8hrs) in a dark room.
~~apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
~~salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
~~buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds and garlic or asfoetida are good in the daytime.
~~have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
~~avoid yogurt, especially at night.
~~avoid refined, oily, spicy, cold, sour foods (fermented, pickled) and stale food, aerated drinks.
~~avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking.
~~avoid cheese, chocolate and wine.
E. Yogasanas and pranayama:
Hastapadasana, setu bandhasana, marjariasana, paschimottanasana, bhastrika and anulom-vilom pranayama.
Note: when suffering from a migraine attack:
~lie down in a dark, quiet place and get some sleep.
~~drink only water.
~~apply hot or cold compresses.
~~ consult doctor
I have a problem with my menstrual cycle. It's regular but the flow I feel is very less as comparative to the secretions I used to have about a year before. I have never suffered from menstrual pain but the day since I'm not expelling properly, I have to suffer from pain every month. I'm also gaining weight with the same diet I used to have always. Is my weight gain is due to the menstrual problem mentioned above? How to get it confirmed and get rid of both the menstrual problem and the weight gain?
Hi doctor, I am planning for sex with my girlfriend. with out safety. does she get pregnant and her date is on 1 september. please help me.
I am 26 years old female. Is it safe to have sexual intercourse without protection 4 days before my periods. Or is there chance to conceive? If so what can I do to avoid it?
Nipple discharge is a common part of breast functioning, which normally occurs during breast-feeding or pregnancy. It is often associated with the changes of menstrual hormone. The milky discharge post breast-feeding usually continues for up to two years after stopping nursing. The condition normally gets resolved on its own but if the situation persists for a long time resort to medical assistance.
The following are some of the causes of normal nipple discharge:
- Stimulation: Normal nipple discharge can arise due to stimulation; chafing of your breast skin due to tight bras or vigorous exercises.
- Pregnancy: Most women tend to witness clear nipple discharge in the early stages of their pregnancy. Towards the later stages, this discharge usually turns watery and becomes milky in color
- Stopped Breast-feeding: In some cases, nipple discharge continues for some time after the mother has stopped breast-feeding her newborn
- Hormonal Imbalance: Some women notice tenderness in breasts and nipple discharge during their menstrual cycle
What is an abnormal nipple discharge?
An abnormal nipple discharge is usually bloody in color and is accompanied with tenderness of the breast. Papilloma is a non-cancerous tumor that is often responsible for bloody nipple discharge. Continuous nipple discharge from one of the breasts or nipple discharge that arises without any stimulation or external irritation is abnormal in nature.
The possible causes of abnormal nipple discharge include:
1. Abscess- It is an assortment of pus that get accumulated within the tissues of your body. It is usually accompanied by redness, pain and swelling. Boils and carbuncles are types of abscess. Formation of abscess in breasts may result in nipple discharge.
2. Breast cancer- Breast cancer often results in bloody nipple discharge and is often found with a presence of lump in one of the breasts.
4. Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)- Normally characterized by the growth of cancerous cells in the milk ducts of your breasts, it is generally identified through mammography screening.
5. Fibroadenoma- In this situation most young women witness an appearance of solid, tumor like structure
6.Galactorrhea- Galactorrhea is nipple discharge of milk when not pregnant or breastfeeding. The discharge can vary in color and can be expressed from either or both breasts.
What Causes Galactorrhea?
Galactorrhea is commonly caused by hyperprolactinemia, especially when it is associated with amenorrhea. Hyperprolactinemia is most often induced by medication or associated with pituitary adenomas or other sellar or suprasellar lesions.
The release of prolactin from the pituitary is held in check by dopamine from the hypothalamus. Prolactin release is encouraged by serotonin and thyrotropin-releasing hormone. This balance can be disrupted by medication (ie. antipsychotics), underactive thyroid function, pituitary tumors, hypothalamic tumors, damage to the pituitary stalk, nipple stimulation, chest trauma, herpes zoster, and emotional stress as well as a variety of other factors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Premature ejaculation is one of the common sexual dysfunction which effects the day to day sexual life of a man, it is a cause of concern for both the partners. It effects their sexual satisfaction and sometimes reproduction. The majority of cases ejaculation cannot be controlled due to some Medical and Psychological reasons. These patients land up into distress, embarrassment, anxiety and depression. Most cases of PE are not related to any disease and are instead due to psychological factors, including: Sexual inexperience, Novelty of a relationship, Overexcitement or too much stimulation Relationship Stress, Anxiety, Guilty feelings, Depression, Issues related to control and intimacy.
Medical causes of PE are nervous system damage as a result of surgery or physical trauma, Diabetes, Multiple sclerosis ,Prostate disease, High blood pressure (hypertension),Thyroid problems, Drug and Excessive alcohol abuse.
It is recommend treatment in the form of counseling sexual relationships, or "couples therapy."
It is advised to follow healthy life style by proper eating, proper exercise, and good sleep, avoid anxiety and tension, I T personals are advised not work on computer continuously, instead take a break of 15 minutes for walking every two hours. A morning walk is compulsory for all at least for half an hour.
Two dry dates, five almond and two dry figs to be soaked in a glass of water for whole night and at early morning before food eat the dry fruits and drink the whole water, daily for a month.
Make powder of Asparagus, Ashwagandha , Singara and Sattu all in equal quantity and take one tablespoonful with a glass of hot milk at morning and evening after food.