Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PallaviYour feedback matters!
• Worm infections are more prevalent among school children aged 5-14 years. They are seen in about 50% in urban and 68% in rural school children.
• Children are carrying worms in their intestine without their knowledge. Worms stick to intestine and keep on sucking blood and other nutrition. There are many types of worm like roundworm, thread worm, pin worm, hook worm etc. which can cause infection.
• Severity of infection depends on worm burden. A large majority of cases are asymptomatic. Infection is first identified when parents notice worms in stool .
• They can cause serious complication like Intestinal obstruction, liver disease, Pneumonia and even brain infections.
How we get worm infection?
• When people defecate in the open, millions of roundworm eggs are deposited in the soil or environment. They cans be carried around freely by dust, wind and rain.
• The infective eggs enter into the human body when we swallow or ingest fecal contaminated water or food. Or we pass onto food by infected hands, dirt under the nails, cups and plates.
• A child playing in a compound picks up infective eggs through dirty hands or play objects.
• Dirty human feet and animals walking in and out of houses bring the roundworm eggs into the home, and thus contaminate the home environment.
• In addition, flies, cockroaches and rats are also common vehicles that carry the roundworm eggs into the home where they infect humans.
• swimming in polluted rivers, eating without washing hands, geophagy (eating soil), eating unwashed fruits and vegetables.
In endemic areas eggs contaminate numerous domestic and public sites, including the following-
• Chopping boards • Coins• Door handles • Dust• Fingers• Fingernail dirt• Fruits and Vegetables
• Furniture • Paper money• Pickles• Public baths and restrooms• Public transportation (eg, buses)
• School rooms• Wash basins
How to prevent it?
• People need to adopt good hygiene habits by washing both hands properly with soap before eating or feeding children and after defecation.
• Wash vegetables thoroughly, especially when eating them raw.
• Cook food and vegetables properly to destroy the worm eggs.
• Hygiene and health education of school children is the most important activity to motivate children to change their behaviors and to take home the good hygiene habits.
• They can be shown photos of worm’s diseases, so that they can be easily persuaded to follow good hygienic habits.
How to identify worm infection?
• 85 % of patients are asymptomatic so it remains undiagnosed.
• Stool microscopic examination, for worms egg is a simple and cheap method of diagnosis .
• If the child is looking anemic, malnourished, weak, stomach pain or having anal itching, get his stool test done.
• Worm Infection can be easily cured. We have very good medicines available for worm infections.
• Consult your pediatrician for medication advice.
• But medication does not prevent re-infection.
• So the main treatment is, Prevention through Education of children and parents about importance of good hygiene.
Take Home message
Make it your family culture - Wash Hands with soaps just before eating food.
Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating.
For any queries, feel free to contact at penguinclinic.com
Female Orgasmic Disorder
Persistent or recurrent delay in, or absence of, orgasm following a normal sexual excitement phase . It was formerly known as inhibited female orgasm. Some researchers called it Female Orgasmic Dysfunction.
Strong negative signals from psychosocial system result in female orgasmic disorder . In our culture, the female has been forbidden to accept herself as a sexual being. Girls as they grow up, deny their sexual feelings in order to conform to society's image of 'good' behavior. Later, as a woman, she resists the experience of orgasmic response. Anxiety and guilt feeling due to religious orthodoxy can cause this dysfunction . The idea that it is woman's duty to satisfy her husbands makes her inhibit her own sexual response. A woman may have an orgasm with masturbation by stimulating her clitoris, with partner's manipulation or with oral-genital stimulation, but not during intercourse. Similarly, a woman may be orgasmic during intercourse, but not with other kinds of stimulation.
The organic causes for this dysfunction are multiple sclerosis, spinal cord trauma or tumor, nutritional deficiencies, diabetic.
Neuropathy and severe arteriosclerosis . Chronic illnesses impair orgasmic responsiveness by affecting libido and generalHealth.
The treatment is based upon the information indicating woman's attitude towards sex, the degree of her open-mindedness and her physical responsiveness. The first goal is to help the couple to stop behaving toward each other in hostile or in negative ways so that they can create an erotic aura in their relationship. They are provided information about sex to counter myth and misunderstandings that stand in the way of woman's response to sexual stimuli.
The couple is given instruction to practice 'Sensate Focus' exercise for 3 days. On the next 3 days, after the couple has experienced feelings of closeness and intimacy in pleasuring each other, they proceed to genital play.
My wife mensuration period got over on 15 nov. When shd I do sex to get her pregnant. Pls mention the date range.
I am a pregnant of 5 months, on 28th will get sixth month. Till today I am going to office by bike. I am suffering from pelvic floor pain from 3rd month and sciatica from 4 th month. This is my 2nd pregnancy. Is these pains arises due to my bike riding? How can I get relief from those pains? Day by day my pains are getting severe. Is there any solution to me?
I had pcos but I got treatment and its normal now but am not having regular periods and am not able to conceive.
Delivered a baby before 3 months. After 2 months I got periods regularly, but after that didn't get periods yet.
I have done unprotected sex with my boyfriend. On 26 th day after my periods. He ejaculated in me twice. As it was unprotected no condom. So his liquid gone inside me. Now I m worried. Will I get pregnant. My periods will come 5- 6 days later. I think we have done sex in safe days still I m worried as it was unprotected. What should I do?
1. Lead in drinking water is absorbed more completely than lead in food
2. It account for more than 50 percent of the lead that is ingested by children
3. Municipal water supplies are controlled and regulated to prevent contamination at the source
4. However, once the water reaches the home, it is rarely regulated, tested, or treated.
5. EPA action level for lead in water is 15 parts per billion (ppb).
6. Most lead-contamination of household water is caused by copper plumbing that is joined with lead solder
7. Lead pipes may contribute to lead-contamination, but lead plumbing usually is old enough to have its inner surface coated with mineral deposits, which prevent leaching of lead into the water supply.
8. Other potential sources for lead contamination include storage cisterns, sources of water that are outside the municipal water districts, and aging water coolers and water heaters, particularly in areas where the water has a relatively low pH
9. Acidity and elevated temperature increase the ability of the water to leach lead from the solder or pipes, as does standing in the pipes for extended periods of time (eg, overnight).
10. The ability of home water filters or purifiers to remove lead depends upon the type of filter. Ion-exchange, reverse-osmosis filters, and distillation are effective in removing lead, but the most commonly available home filters (glass fiber and carbon) usually include packaging material that specifies that they do not efficiently remove heavy metals.Water to be used for cooking or drinking should come from the cold tap because hot water is more able to leach lead from the pipes. In addition, the water should be run for some time before it is collected; this flushes the water that has a higher lead content (caused by standing in the pipes) down the drain
Doctor on the first night I had intercourse with my wife but she did not have bleeding But I have heard that girls should have bleeding on first night is it abnormal if there is no bleeding .I also ejaculated in her mouth which she swallowed. Is there any risk if she swallows the semen. I make her swallow the semen regularly
Doctor usually my mom is use to shave my genital (pubic) hairs. But when she use to shave my genital areas I feel tickle around my vagina and during shave genitals my begins start secretion of a sticky fluid. What should I do in this situation? Please tell me in detail.
Hello Sir, We feel that we somehow missed protection and my wife is feeling vomiting,period was supposed to be on 11th may but couldn't occur on 13th even. We both are not prepared for the baby for now. Please suggest best way which has no effect for later pregnancies. We are planning a gap of at least 1 year from now. Thanks
Dear Mam, My father is suffering from herpes disease. It start from head and spread till lips. Please advise, is it harmful to eyes,.
I had sex with my girlfriend 10 may used emergency pill. She got period 24 may. Then 10 June she started bleeding for 3 days. Why she bleed? Then we sex two times with protection. Now her period is off. She took pregnancy test 10 July and it was negative. Is she pregnant? What to do now?
Today is 4th day of my wife's missed period. She has taken home pregnancy test using kit but it is negative. What should she do now.
" nishamlaki" - tablets are only the first choice of treatment for type 2 diabetes which commonly available as the classical ayurvedic medicine in any ayurvedic medical shop in india. So I advise any of my madhumeha (diabetic) patients in my 40 years of clinical experience as well as teaching ayurveda to my students.