Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My period date is 26th Feb and in march I didn't get my periods. Today morning I had done pregnancy test with kit but its negative. I am with my husband. I am trying to conceive. The period is not come and pregnancy test is negative. Why its happening?
I am 20 years female. I have pcod since last two years and I am unable to sleep at nights. I feel very depressed sometimes Excess growth of facial hair specially chin hair and I am having acne problem too leaving black spots on my face. How can I get rid of this? please help me out?
There are several traditional methods used to correct vision, including wearing corrective lenses, or having eye surgery. However, with a few natural home remedies, eye exercises and general lifestyle changes you can improve your eyesight naturally.
The following eye exercises work to strengthen the eye muscles and maintain the flexibility of your eye lens in order to improve your vision. Some of the most popular exercises include:
Breathing Yoga Exercises:
This will encourage conscious breathing. The point of this is to relax your body and close your eyes. This allows the muscles to relax. Breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth for two minutes. When you finally open your eyes after two minutes, do not focus on anything. Repeat the exercise three times.
Each time you blink you are soothing and moisturizing your eyes. This can be done anywhere if your eyes are feeling weary or tired. Blink consistently for 4 to 5 seconds at a time for a period of two minutes.
These exercises were specifically designed to stimulate the various acupuncture points around your eyes. This aid in relaxing the muscles in and around your eye and helping to calm the mind. To execute this exercise you should place your elbows on a flat surface in front of you with your left palm covering your left eye. Your fingers should be resting on your forehead. Do the same with your right eye and right palm. The palms should cup the eyes, but not put any pressure on them. You should do this exercise for a period of three minutes.
It is important to eat the proper diet to promote eye health. This includes the addition of certain vision-enhancing foods if you currently do not consume them:
Bilberries: Fruit that is rich and full of antioxidants. These will aid in protecting the eyes from free radicals. They will also aid in better blood circulation in your eyes.
Grapes and Blueberries:
These will aid your night vision.
Rich in beta-carotene, which is known for great vision, as well as vitamin A.
Cold Water Fish:
Fish is rich in DHA, which will provide support to the structure of the cell membranes in your eyes. It is also used for many different treatments for disorders such as macular degeneration, dry eyes and general treatment of eyesight.
Leafy Green Vegetables:
These have nutrients that will help to protect your eye’s macula, due to their rich carotenoid content.
Capers, Shallots, Garlic, Eggs and Onions:
These also contain helpful antioxidants that are beneficial for the lens of your eyes.
If you want to ensure that your eyes are getting the 17 essential nutrients and vitamins they need for optimal eye health, check out the best eye vitamin on the market.
Other Eyesight Enhancing Tips
The fact is that it is much smarter to prevent eye problems, rather than treat them after the problem is present. While eye exercises and a healthy diet are important to your overall eye health, there are other tips you can use that will help to naturally improve your eyesight.
Minimize the extended period of time that you spend in front of the computer screen. Be sure to use our 10-10-10 rule while on the computer.
After every half-hour of television watching take a 10 minute break. This will provide a break for your eyes.
Try to look at objects far away when you take a break from in front of the TV or computer screen.
When your eyes feel tired or worn out, try washing them with cold water.
When they feel extremely tired, close them for a while to allow them to rest. The old saying is “take 5 to stay alive”.
When it comes to eye health, you must treat them as any other system in your body. This means providing exercise, and the proper nutrients. However, these are not the only elements that aid proper eye health.
In addition to the tips listed here, you also need to ensure that you receive plenty of sleep each day. You need to try to achieve six to eight hours each night to allow your eyes to fully rest and rejuvenate. If you do not get enough sleep, you may find that you have an abnormal amount of eye health issues.
Another important factor is to drink plenty of water. The body is composed of mainly water, meaning that you must replenish it regularly. This will help provide moisture to cleanse dust and debris from your eyes throughout the day. Water is essential for all of the body’s functions, including proper and healthy eyesight. In most cases drinking eight, eight-ounce glasses of water a day will provide enough moisture and water for your body.
However, if you live in a dry area, more is necessary to provide optimum eye health.
Taking care of your eyes is a life-long process. This includes preventing eye health issues, as well as the need to wear corrective lenses. There are thousands of success cases and studies that tell the benefits of proper eye health and preventative measures that you can take at home. The home remedies and lifestyle changes here will make a huge difference in the overall eye health that you have.
It is important to teach them to your child, as well.
Hi, my wife is 6 months pregnant, she is suffering from leg pain (bearable) for two days also slight swelling is there. Please advise us what needs to be done. Kindly let us know if it is common during pregnancy and walking is safe/remedy during pain? Thanks in advance.
Iam 35 years old male married 6 months back. We are planning for baby. Should we do sex only during 10 to 16th days of period completion. Should we stop doing sex after the 16th day completion after the periods. Please answer me when to do sex and when to avoid doing sex for baby planning.
Hi I am 28 years old female. I want to know that is there any problem if my monthly period continues to flow 2 days instead of 3-4 days? Because before it continued for 4 days but suddenly last 2 months it reduced to two days. Please help me out and guide me whether I have to anything.
Hammer toe is a condition where the toe of the patient becomes deformed. The appearance of the toe will bear a downward curl that will make it look abnormal. This condition can mostly be seen during the childhood itself and it usually is known to affect the second or third toe on the foot. Let us find out more about the symptoms, risk factors and treatment for this condition.
- Symptoms: The sheer discomfort of walking around with a hammer toe is one of the first symptoms of the condition. The permanent damage will be visible in the way the toe curls and becomes deformed. The formation of corn or calluses is also a common symptom of this condition, while some patients may also experience the growth of claw like toes. Most patients feel pain when they are walking or running even as inflexibility sets in, which makes it difficult to flex the foot or stretch and wiggle the toes properly.
- Risk Factors: While the most common causes of the hammer toe remain an injury or even arthritis, it may be seen that those with a family history and prolonged use of high and pointed heels may be at risk more than others. This deformity can happen at birth or may progress as age catches on, depending on the risk factors at play. Also, when the patient suffers from the growth of calluses, corns and bunions that go untreated for a long time, it may manifest into a hammer toe eventually. This happens because these growths can make the layer of the skin thick and lead to a perpetual formation in the area due to the constant friction that also causes pain and discomfort. People with a high foot arch are also at risk of developing a hammer toe.
- Treatment: The orthopaedic specialist is the best person who can help with the diagnosis and treatment of this condition. While the diagnosis consists of the conduct of an X-ray to find the cause and extent of the damage, the doctor may also conduct nerve function tests to find out if any nerves have been damaged for the condition to have taken place. Also, the specialist will try to find causes like ligament injuries and other such things that could have led to the condition. Accordingly, the treatment method will be put forth. A mild hammer toe can be treated by wearing more comfortable footwear with pads to treat corns and other growths. For a severe condition, surgery is the only way out.
Ensure that you report the smallest and most persistent changes to your doctor so that treatment can take place well in time.
Youth is something which is associated with vibrancy and grace. It can be said that over the course of time, there is a big impact on one’s youth. No matter how much vibrancy a woman may retain as she ages, her youthful looks are often at the receiving end of time’s cruelty. But, of course, it does not always have to be that way, especially if a woman is willing to try out fillers!
Fillers are a very effective way to make a woman look younger and they are also very safe, as long as a person who is experienced is the one who is administering them. They are injections which contain a variety of components. One of the major ones happens to be Hyaluronic Acid. While this may seem to be just another name of a chemical to most people, it is very important as it is naturally present in everybody.
In fact, it is a sugar which has a pretty big part to play in terms of the volume of the skin and its condition. Over time, the elasticity of the skin and how well it covers the underlying tissues reduce. When a dermal filler is injected, it provides a boost of this sugar, which helps fight off the effect of ageing, and quite successfully so.
The material that is injected through dermal filler is absorbed over the course of some months by the body. As a result of this, it is true that a person who has chosen dermal fillers to look younger will face a need to have this procedure done again every 10 months to a year. However, judging by the radically beneficial impact that shows almost immediately on the face, it can be said that going through the process again is something that a woman who has had dermal fillers before will think is surely worth it!
One of the biggest advantages of dermal fillers is the low risk factor associated with it, unlike other methods. It is considerably safer than surgeries, which can have their own potential complications and also have longer recovery times. Apart from waiting for some swelling to subside, there is negligible recovery time for dermal fillers. When there is so much in favour of it, why not give dermal fillers a shot? They not only fill one’s face, but also fills one with the exuberance that comes with looking younger!
- Drink lemon water every morning after you wake up. This will have an alkalizing effect on the body and keep the body hydrated and mineralized. Stay hydrated throughout the day,
- Must include vitamin D3 in your diet. Especially if you live is a colder climate where sunlight is reduced during the winter season.
- Increase consumption of leafy greens to ensure enough B vitamins, fiber and mineral supply in the body. You will get a lot of calcium, magnesium, iron, B vitamins and other minerals through leafy greens. Swiss chard, collard greens, yogurt, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, spinach contains these minerals.
- Eat fatty fish, fish or flax oil every day to get relief from hormonal imbalances.
- My most favourite remedy to get relief from cramps is an Ayurvedic home remedy using cinnamon and ginger to make a tea. Just use quarter tsp. of ground cinnamon and a pinch of ground ginger or a couple of thin slices of half an inch of fresh ginger to a cup of hot water. Wait and let it steep for 5 minutes. Strain and drink the tea.
- Vitex or chaste berry is a herb that eases menstrual cramps,
- Evening primrose oil or borage oil are rich in anti-inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids and are known to reduce breast pain and tenderness as well as PMS symptoms.
- Dietary intake of calcium and magnesium is crucial for balancing the hormones.
- Using heating pads or hot water bags around the area relaxes the stiff muscles and reduces pain by bringing oxygen in the area.
- One of the most important things to address is relaxation through 7-8 hours of sound sleep and stress reduction. Meditation and breathing exercises (pranayama) also assist in reducing stress.
- If you eat a lot of nuts, seeds and grains then increase aerobic exercises. Aerobic exercises release endorphin hormones or 'feel good' hormones in the body. The presence of this hormone works like a natural pain killer.
- Apply natural progesterone cream or wild yam cream. Apply this cream on the stomach, lower abdominal area, buttocks, things, breasts and upper arm area. Best time to apply this cream is a week before the start of your period.
I took abortion pill on 13th june, 2016 and abortion occurred and the bleeding only last for 3-4 days. Then I had an accidental encounter with my partner and took 1 ipill and mid July, 2016 again the bleeding started and lasted for couple of weeks. Now I have not got any periods, I have checked pregnancy 4 times to make sure, result is negative, can you suggest something? Will the periods start? Or due to these long bleeding it's getting delayed? What to do now?
I am a 24 year girl my menstrual cycle is skipping every month. My Prolactin is high iys about 40 45 now its 80 wat do to from past 4 year wat to do. I am scared.
Hi sir, I am 31 years old. I am pregnant. I am suffering from thyroid. Please suggest me proper diet and exercise as well as for how much time I have to walk daily.
I am 8 months pregnant now, that is 34 weeks pregnant, I had tiffa scanning on my 31st week, and it that report they mentioned placenta is anterior grade ll, what is its meaning, what are the safety measures I have to take from now. Please let me know.
I am 24 years girl and I have problem of breast pain from long time about 1 or 2 years. Early it has been gone with my periods, but now from some time it happens whole month. Sometimes it is so severe that my arms also getting pain. Sometimes I also found some cyst but gone after sometime. Please help.
I had my 2nd cesarean on 31st august 2016. Shall I start wearing abdominal belt for tummy. Please suggest me.
In India, we move from one festival to the next. Lohri is the first major festival of the year and is celebrated in most parts of North India to mark the waning of winter and the harvest of Rabi crop. Lohri celebrations are characterised by blazing bonfires, folk dance and songs and trays filled with rewri, peanuts, popcorn, gajjak, sarson ka saag and makki ki roti. Unlike traditional mithais that go along with all other festivals, these foods are in fact healthy. Here are a few of their health benefits.
- Rewri and Gajjak: Rewri is a hardened toffee like sweet made from jaggery and sesame seeds. Jaggery helps regulate digestion and internal temperature, cleanses the blood and helps prevent problems like acne, joint pains and menstrual problems. It is also a rich source of iron and has anti-allergenic properties.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in copper, zinc, iron, calcium, phosphorus and manganese. These nutrients help promote healthy bones, boost immunity, reduce stress and fight free radicals. This can help reduce chances of osteoporosis and slow down the ageing process. Sesame seeds are also said to have the ability to reduce the risk of many types of cancer.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are a rich source of folate, manganese and essential amino acids like tryptophan. This helps regulate blood sugar, metabolise fats and carbohydrates and helps the body to absorb calcium and promote healthy joints. Pregnant women can benefit from peanuts as the folic acid in them can help reduce the risk of giving birth to a baby with congenital defects. Peanuts can also help prevent gallstones and help regulate mood swings. Peanuts are also great for the brain as the vitamin B3 and niacin in them helps boost memory. These nutrients also help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. Hence, peanuts reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Popcorn: Unlike the popcorn you enjoy at a movie hall, popcorn that is eaten at Lohri celebrations is free from butter and added flavouring. On its own popcorn is a rich source of fibre and has a very low calorific value. This makes popcorn a good snack to eat between meals. Popcorn is a whole grain snack and is rich in anti-oxidants called polyphenols. This can help protect the body against cancer, heart disease and other diseases caused by free radicals.
To make your Lohri even healthier, don’t just sit around the bonfire and warm your hands, Get up and dance to the beat of the dhol and burn all the calories you’ve been eating.