Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pallavi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PallaviYour feedback matters!
CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE
- Child sexual abuse has been reported up to 80,000 times a year, but the number of unreported instances is far greater, because the children are afraid to tell anyone what has happened, and the legal procedure for validating an episode is difficult. The problem should be identified, the abuse stopped, and the child should receive professional help. The long-term emotional and psychological damage of sexual abuse can be devastating to the child.
- Child sexual abuse can take place within the family, by a parent, step-parent, sibling or other relative; or outside the home, for example, by a friend, neighbor, child care person, teacher, or stranger. When sexual abuse has occurred, a child can develop a variety of distressing feelings, thoughts and behaviors.
- No child is psychologically prepared to cope with repeated sexual stimulation. Even a two or three year old, who cannot know the sexual activity is wrong, will develop problems resulting from the inability to cope with the overstimulation.
- The child of five or older who knows and cares for the abuser becomes trapped between affection or loyalty for the person, and the sense that the sexual activities are terribly wrong. If the child tries to break away from the sexual relationship, the abuser may threaten the child with violence or loss of love. When sexual abuse occurs within the family, the child may fear the anger, jealousy or shame of other family members, or be afraid the family will break up if the secret is told.
- A child who is the victim of prolonged sexual abuse usually develops low self-esteem, a feeling of worthlessness and an abnormal or distorted view of sex. The child may become withdrawn and mistrustful of adults, and can become suicidal.
- Some children who have been sexually abused have difficulty relating to others except on sexual terms. Some sexually abused children become child abusers or prostitutes, or have other serious problems when they reach adulthood.
- Often there are no obvious external signs of child sexual abuse. Some signs can only be detected on physical exam by a physician.
Sexually abused children may also develop the following:
- unusual interest in or avoidance of all things of a sexual nature
- sleep problems or nightmares
- depression or withdrawal from friends or family
Statements that their bodies are dirty or damaged, or fear that there is something wrong with them in the genital area refusal to go to schoolChild Sexual Abuse, “Facts for Families,” No. 9 (5/08)
- delinquency/conduct problems
- aspects of sexual molestation in drawings, games, fantasies
- unusual aggressiveness, or
- suicidal behavior.
Child sexual abusers can make the child extremely fearful of telling, and only when a special effort has helped the child to feel safe, can the child talk freely. If a child says that he or she has been molested, parents should try to remain calm and reassure the child that what happened was not their fault. Parents should seek a medical examination and psychiatric consultation.
Parents can prevent or lessen the chance of sexual abuse by:
- Telling children that if someone tries to touch your body and do things that make you feel
- funny, say NO to that person and tell me right away
- Teaching children that respect does not mean blind obedience to adults and to authority,
For example, don't tell children to, “Always do everything the teacher or baby-sitter tells you to do.”
- Encouraging professional prevention programs in the local school system
- Sexually abused children and their families need immediate professional evaluation and treatment.
- Child and adolescent psychiatrists can help abused children regain a sense of self-esteem, cope with feelings of guilt about the abuse, and begin the process of overcoming the trauma. Such treatment can help reduce the risk that the child will develop serious problems as an adult.
Paneer Vs Tofu - Find Out Which is Better For Your Body?
Paneer and Tofu - the similar looking foods come with their own sets of nutrients, along with being extremely beneficial at warding off diseases. In terms of preparation, while paneer is made from curdled buffalo milk, tofu is prepared from soy milk.
Here's a nutrient guide to help you pick one over the other.
1. Iron content
When it comes to the iron content of these two foods, tofu comes out as the winner. Tofu contains 5.4mg of iron per 100gm, while paneer's iron content is just 0.1mg per 100gm. For this reason, the soy product is extremely beneficial for individuals who suffer from anaemia as it is high in iron content and can help in maintaining optimum levels of blood haemoglobin.
2. Protein content
Especially for vegetarians, paneer is one of the best sources of protein. Every 100 gm of this dairy product is found to contain 18.3 gm of protein. In contrast, tofu offers only 6.9 gm of protein. If you are planning to put on weight or pursue a muscle building regimen, paneer is a source of protein that you can consider. It aids in muscle building as well as reduces muscle damage caused by wear and tear.
3. Fat content
Along with high protein content, paneer is also known to come with a high fat content. Every 100gm of paneer contains about 20.8gm of fat content. Tofu, on the other hand, contains only 2.7gm of fat every 100gm. Due to its low fat content, tofu is an excellent health option for weight loss.
4. The 3 Cs: carbohydrate, calcium and calorie content
In terms of carbohydrate, calcium and calorie content, both tofu and paneer clock different figures.
Even though paneer is made from milk, its levels of carbohydrate are low. Since the carbohydrate content in paneer is about 1.2gm, it is a friendly food option for diabetics. Tofu, on the other hand, has a carbohydrate content that is double to that of paneer (2.4gm).
Calcium content is extremely high in paneer with every 100gm of paneer offering 208mg of calcium. Due to its high calcium count, paneer is extremely useful to build strong teeth and bones. In contrast to the high calcium content of paneer, tofu records about 130mg of calcium.
Lastly, both tofu and paneer have different calorie counts with paneer reporting a higher calorie count than tofu. For every 100gm of serving of tofu and paneer, tofu has 62 calories and paneer comes with 265 calories. Since it has a low calorie count, tofu is the perfect weight loss food.
In terms of which one is a healthier food option, it depends on certain factors. If you are planning to lose weight, tofu is a better option.
But if you're planning to build muscles, paneer presents itself as a better option. This is because paneer contains high calcium and protein content. Keeping the pros and cons in mind, you can choose to include either one or both in your diet. Although when it comes to paneer, moderation is the key.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
It is a common misbelief that eating home cooked food is the healthiest option. Whenever, we plan to eat out, there is always a question lingering about the cleanliness of the hotel’s kitchen. We need to realize that it is not just the hotel, but our own kitchen should also be taken care of.
Listed below are some commonly overlooked things that could be contributing to your health in a bad way. With kitchen shopping continuing through the years, there are unused and/or overused things, both of which are harmful. Read on to know more.
- Overused utensils: In most homes, the cooking vessels turn brown over a period of time. This happens, especially in metallic ones like aluminium. It is due to leftover food and is a breeding ground for germs. Leaving the vessels for a later wash can lead to these stains getting tougher and the vessel taking on a permanent brownish color. A good way to manage this is to clean the vessels as soon as possible.
- Stained mugs and cups: It is a common belief that tea cups will stain over a period of use, which is not true. In some cases, the hard water has high concentration of calcium carbonate, which mixes with the tea and lead to altered bowel movement and improper digestion. The best way to manage this is to mix vinegar and baking soda and remove the stains.
- Chopping board: First things first. Never use the same chopping board for your meat and your veggies. The germs from the uncooked meat affect the vegetables also. As the bacteria continues to grow, in about 10 minutes, there will be double the number of bacteria that will affect the vegetables.
- Chipped melamine dishware: While the melamine kitchenware is unbreakable, do not use them at high temperatures. This can cause it to chip and melamine leaks into the food, causing kidney stones and renal failure. A good way to avoid this risk is not to heat food in the melamine dishes.
- Non-stick cookware: While nonstick ware helps reduce the amount of oil used, constant use erodes the coating and slowly the chemical is leaked, which can add carcinogenic elements into your dosa or roti. This can cause liver and stomach problems with continued use.
- Coffee makers: The reservoir in the coffee makers hoards a whole lot of bacteria and can cause various diseases. Thorough cleaning with hot water can help you keep it clean.
These are some of the common ways your kitchen can affect your health, there are definitely more. So, keep your kitchen clean for a healthier life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Being confident is a very essential quality for all human beings, irrespective of their age or profession. Boosting up your confidence level will not only make you feel good about yourself but will also help you to keep your feet firmly on the ground ,no matter what situation you have to encounter in your daily life. Self -confidence also helps you to create a very good impression of yourself and gives you an edge over others, especially when you are trying to seek a job or representing your company or educational institute.
The following are eight proven ways to bolster your level of confidence:
- Think positively. Positive thinking can help you see the better side of every situation you confront. Thus, it can increase your confidence level.
- Being prepared to face new challenges in life and accepting those challenges is another crucial step for improving your level of confidence.
- Volunteer for different causes and activities. You may consider volunteering for social causes or you may also volunteer for different activities at your workplace or institution. This is a very important step for boosting up your confidence.
- Try to visualize your success. If you can see it before your eyes, you can achieve it too. Imagining yourself as successful will automatically elevate your confidence level.
- Find out the true purpose of your life. This will add meaning to your life and thus, can increase your confidence to a whole new level.
- Connect with others more often. Staying alienated most of the time can bring down your confidence level. The more you connect, the more confident you will become.
- Never underestimate yourself and your abilities. Have a strong belief in who you are and what you are capable of. This can make you more confident.
- Try to stay fit and healthy. As we all know health is wealth. Being healthy and fit always will make you feel good about yourself and will thus enhance your level of confidence.
Along with the aforesaid tips, remember to smile always. A bright face will automatically make you appear more confident to others.