Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi BhandariYour feedback matters!
I am a myopic and cataract patient, at the age of 51, I want to get my eyes operated by phaco (ioc) method. Is it suitable for me to implant multi focal lens? some people have asked me not to do so because it glares and causes problem in driving and have asked me to use simple single length lenses instead. After surgery it is generally observed that -0.5 spherical and 0.5 cylindrical spectacles are given, is it practically possible to avoid this?
Hi I am 20 years old boy and my eye sight is really weak I. Do not know what to do. I can not see far can you suggest me what Should eat thanks.
I am 59 years old with dry eye problem. I take one tab selace forte everyday and use optirive eye drop. Any natural way to keep the eyes lubricated. free tired and sleepy in the evening because of this (dry eyes)
My sister had right side headache and ear pain also. Then I took brain scan, the result come and mentioned mid brain mildly compressed. I will attach scan report. Please see the let me know what prob? Clearly advise to me what I will do?
I have squint problem I am twenty years old can this be corrected by operation? How much will it cost?
I am 24 year male and having a severe pain in my eyes from last 2 years. When I go out in the sun and wind my eyes starts paining. Watching TV, mobile,laptop also make my eyes pain. I consulted many doctors but nobody is telling clearly about it but one doctor has done otc test of rnfl and he said that my eye veins got thin. I am having medicines from last 1 year but I am not getting rid of this pain. Can you help me in anyway. Please it's a humble request.
I've been having eye ache from the past week. And headache too. Headache in the sense on the sides of my head and I thought may be it's due to lack of sleep. I've moved to Australia 2 months ago and I've started working. I'm not able to sleep on time due to working hours. And from the past 2 days I'm not able to fall asleep even though I'm trying to. I'm not able to have deep sleep. May I know what the problem is.
What can be done to resolve issues with the eye pain? Both of my eyes are red and nothing is working. Please help me out.
Here are causes, effects and treatments of glaucoma
Hello I am Dr S Bharti founder and chairman of Bharti Eye hospital. Today I will be taking about Glaucoma quick is the second most common cause of blinding in elderly. Glaucoma is a complex of pressure and optic nerve damage related to each other and sometimes the pressure is higher than normal while sometimes it is normal. In either case optic nerve is unable to sustain the pressure and this condition is called Glaucoma. Most of the damage caused is irreversible and that is why regular eye checkups are important after the age of 40.
Glaucoma could be hereditary, diabetes is another common cause of it. That is why we suggest that people having other 2 situations should get very regular eye checkups.Glaucoma is a treatable disease and can be treated with eye drops. Surgery is required in extreme cases. The treatment available today is very successful and in most cases we are able to maintain a high quality of vision.
My suggestion is anybody who has a possibility of developing Glaucoma should go for regular eye checkups.Thank you. You can get in touch with me at Lybrate.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
Related Tip: Improve your eyesight - 5 Top foods to eat?