Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pai RaiturkarYour feedback matters!
I have pimples mark so I am not feeling good. I want to remove marks. please help me to remove it out from my face.
Have Fordyce spot on my lips which is really embarrassing. How can it be treated? I have undergone basic treatments of applying cream tretinoin .and other home remedies as well. But was of no use. Wat treatment is available for its permanent cure? please advice.
My skin is too much oily I washed my face twice a day and do not use any cosmetic products. Please advice me a good soap or facewash to use and how to get rid of oily face.
My skin suffers from acne pimples 5/4 pimples occurs in a week and leaves a dark spot how to get rid of it.
My body is getting heated too much and my color is reducing how do I overcome this situation and how to grow up my color back.
I have melasma over my both cheeks and little on nose also. Please suggest me how I can get rid of this problem. I have this from since 3-4 years. But now it seems spreading over face.
Hi I am 30 years old. I have a problem for skin infection. I am using flucan and forcan tablets. After 1 month problem again start. Please give another prescription.
I have a very oily skin. Plus I have started getting pores on my face. It's very difficult. My face looks so dull. Plus I'm skinny and I want to gain weight. please help. These two things make me lose my confidence. I'm very good academically. But these two things affect my personality.
I have an allergy of skin rashes from last 3 months on thigh and also on stomach and now it is increase day by day so what can I do now I am using medicine like borocandulam cream and sarsaparill medicine.
Based on 41 PSA, I was detected to have Cr3N0M0 Prostate Cancer and underwent 28 sittings of Radiation and am on Injection Elegrad 22.50 once every three months for 2 years (3 Injections completed so far including one at start of Radiations. PSA reading after first 3 months post radiation is 1.60. Your views on the treatment being followed and results so far. Can I be Prostate Cancer free? Thank You.
Hi I am 28years I have gone outside and my face has become very full and full of tan pls give home remedy to remove my tan.
Kya skin brightening injection se permanently complexion fair ho jaye. Usse koi aide effect to nhi hoga. Aur uski cost kya hai please mujhe btaiye. I have dark complexion n dry dull skin. I have no glow on my face.
I have red colour fungal type on my neck from last 4 year .when going to travel or in sunlight feel get heat on that area. Dark black colour fungus also all over the body too much itching on it sir what should I do sir please Reply me soon.
Hi, My sister in not getting breast milk it's one week over from her delivery. She has taken perinorm for 3 days but still she is not getting sufficient milk. Can she take lactare capsule.
Every living thing goes through a cycle of birth, growth, development, aging, and based on its lifespan, die. Be it an insect with a lifespan of few hours to the giant tortoise who live for more than 150 years. Now what causes ageing has been debated about widely. It is a combination of gradual wear and tear of the body combined with gradually declining pace of replacement of the worn out/missing parts. When younger, the body's ability to replace lost skin or bone is strong and it gradually declines with age.
- Recent studies have shown that there is a strong genetic component to ageing. We all have noticed how not everybody ages at the same pace - while some continue to look younger than their biological age, the reverse is also true. Intrigued by this finding, a lot of research have gone into what contributes to ageing. It has been discovered that a lot of ageing factors are inherited, especially from the mother.
- Now, a little bit of cellular details. There is a part of the cell that is called mitochondria, which is the energy production unit within each cell. It has been discovered that the DNA of the mitochondria which is mDNA has a lot to do with how a person ages, specifically what is inherited from the mother. If this has undergone mutation, the inherited mutated mDNA accelerates the ageing process.
- To add to this, there is also a lot of research studying the details of how young genes look different from old genes. The idea is to study this difference and then find out the difference and then see how we can make the older ones look more like the younger ones. This will indirectly reduce the aged look and produce a younger outlook.
- Since the most obvious and apparent ageing is seen on the skin, research is being conducted how the cellular membranes called aquaporins act. These are important for regulation of water movement to and from the cell. It is well known that younger skin is more hydrated compared to older skin, and ways are being identified to keep the older skin more hydrated and thereby produce a younger look.
- There is also a lot of correlation between nutrition and environmental factors and the overall ageing process. Genetic mutations are produced by these factors which also lead to accelerated ageing.
- While everybody tries to maintain the younger looks, ageing is something inevitable. While we can do a lot of things by modifying our lifestyle and with chemical support, it cannot be completely halted. While we can try to manage the diseases related to old age, ageing may not be something that can be stopped completely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.