Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P V Joshi
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P V JoshiYour feedback matters!
My son 2.5 years old hai. We uske face par lagatar khujali ati hai wo lagatar face ko hath or nakhun se khujata hai abhi dermadeo cream bhi lagata Hu please solution batawo.
I am 18 years old my problem was I have lot of pimples my faced they become marks on their and a lot of hair fall condition.
There is probably no person who doesn’t lose some hair every day. In fact, losing about 100 hair in a day is considered normal. But if there is a problem of hair loss running in your family, you are vulnerable to lose even more hair. And it can lead to bald patches and spots in a short time. Approximately, half of all individuals suffer from this type of hair loss by the time they reach 50.
What are the causes of hair fall?
Although it has been speculated that hair loss is quite common, it could be a difficult thing to live with, particularly because it alters the way a person looks. Some of the most common causes of hair fall include:
- Family history: Hair fall is often inherited, indicating that it passes down from one generation to another. This is termed as female-pattern or male-pattern hair loss.
- Stress: The present work culture exposes all people to a lot of mental stress. Hair fall can also be caused by physical stress stemming from some ailment, high fever, and surgeries.
- Chemotherapy: A powerful medication destroying cancer cells, chemotherapy is also known to wreak havoc on hair.
- Wearing away: Hair damage can be caused by pulling back the hair, braiding it too tightly, making tight ponytails or by using too much of hair dryer, hair iron or hair straightener.
- Iron deficiency: Hair loss would be inevitable if one does not maintain a proper diet, particularly if it lacks protein and iron.
- Hair diseases: Hair disorders like ringworm, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis and other conditions can lead to loss of hair.
- Thyroid: Both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism are known to cause hair fall.
How is hair fall treated?
- If you have hair loss and you are looking forward to treating it, then your hair loss treatment would depend on the type of hair loss you are suffering from.
- If hair loss is induced by some ailment that can be treated or is not going to last long, then your hair would grow back in some time. For instance, if hair fall is caused by thyroid conditions, then administering thyroid medications can help.
- When your hair loss is caused by stress or any underlying medical condition or any medication, then you should try to alleviate it in order to notice desirable improvements.
- In case the hair fall is triggered by some hair disorders, it is important to consult a dermatologist for comprehensive treatment solutions.
PRP For Hair Fall
PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma is a very effective treatment for hair loss. It involves drawing out the blood from the patient’s body which is already rich in blood platelets. This blood is then concentrated to extract enriched blood platelets in the form of a serum. This serum is then injected into the scalp. PRP treatment can even be combined with hair transplant surgery, medication and micro needling to enhance their effectiveness.
Advantages of PRP treatment for hair fall-
- It is a non-surgical procedure so you don’t have to be sedated with anesthesia.
- It is a short duration procedure as PRP procedure lasts for 60 to 90 minutes.
- It is extremely reliable, safe and authentic.
- Time taken for recovery is very short. You will see noticeable results in less than a week after this procedure while getting to see marked improvements over the course for the next few weeks and months.
- Hair loss is controlled doesn’t recur after this procedure while the result looks very natural.
Non-Eligibility for a PRP treatment
- If you are suffering from malignancies or blood-borne diseases you should not go in for a PRP treatment.
- If you have a current infection you might not be able to sit for a PRP hair treatment.
- Patients suffering from cerebral palsy and Parkinson’s disease are not eligible for a PRP treatment.
- If you are currently pregnant or anemic, you shouldn’t opt for a PRP treatment.
- If you are currently suffering from any form of skin diseases you shouldn’t opt for PRP treatments either.
I am suffering from. Acne on my face and blackheads on my nose and my face is very oily pls tell me.
Warts refer to a type of a deformity in the skin, which refers to the formation of a small, hard, benign growth on the surface of the skin. It is generally caused by a viral infection and results in a feeling of discomfort or pain. Additionally, laser surgery is a technique, which uses a sharp and strong beam of light to destroy the wart tissue from the skin. The surgical process is usually performed at a doctor's clinic or chamber, under proper medical supervision.
When should you consider laser surgery?
Ideally a laser surgery should be your last resort to remove a wart when all the other means of removing a wart have failed. You should opt for a laser surgery only under the following circumstances:
- Medicines have not been able to remove the wart
- Warts are large and widespread
- Appearance of warts during pregnancy (only after consulting your doctor)
What should you keep in mind? Before opting for surgery:
A laser surgery is a quite complicated process, but its effects are rapid and effective. Some of the things to be kept in mind before you actually opt for a laser treatment are as follows:
- Laser technology does not lead to scarring on the skin
- The surgery requires a local anesthetic, which is used for making the affected body part numb
- Laser treatments should not be used as an initial treatment
- It is a sure shot way to remove warts
After a laser surgery the wound is generally painful depending upon the intensity, location and number of warts that are removed. Some of the probable outcomes of a laser surgery are as follows:
- Bleeding of warts lasting upto 1 week
- Mild to severe pain
- Short lived fever
- Yellowish discharge, which is to be cleaned
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.