Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P. Udavant
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P. UdavantYour feedback matters!
My daughter 2.5 years old is not speaking yet. We got her examined by her pediatrician, and then an pediatric ENT. Everything turned out normal. We even got her evaluated by a speech therapist. He says yes she has delayed speech but she will develop with time. I have put her in a play group this week. I observed that she is using her left hand dominantly than her right. Otherwise she is a perfectly normal and happy child, well behaved socially too. But I am worried whether she can pick up with her speech. Please help.
Hi my son is one month old and he is not having the mother feed since the birth and we have tried all the sources to make a habit to drink mother's milk but failed. As we are presently feeding him normal Milk. Since couple of days when ever he is having a milk he his vomiting and having cough. Could you please suggest any good doctor in visakhapatnam for consultation.
Insulin like supplementary drugs for hyperglycemia
Pramlintide (symlin) is a new type of injectable drug that can help control postprandial hyperglycemia, the sudden increase in blood sugar after a meal. Pramlintide is injected before meals and can help lower blood sugar levels in the 3 hours after meals. Pramlintide is used in addition to insulin for patients who take insulin regularly but still need better blood sugar control. The fda approved this drug in 2005 for adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Pramlintide and insulin are the only two drugs approved for treatment of type 1 diabetes.
Pramlintide is a synthetic form of amylin, a hormone that is related to insulin. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, headache, fatigue, and dizziness. Patients with type 1 diabetes have an increased risk of severe low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) that may occur within 3 hours following a pramlintide injection. This drug should not be used if patients have trouble knowing when their blood sugar is low or have slow stomach emptying (gastroparesis).type diabetes
Hello Doctors, My son born on 10-APR-2016, now he is with 2 months 4 days with weight of around 4 kg 50 gms. My question here is that, he used cry lot in night even after feeding and also we used to follow the feeding as every 2 to 3 hrs gab even if he is sleeping then we used to make him get up and try to feed. Is that correct way or we need to wait his wake up by his own or based on crying? And please suggest the process of feeding throughout the day like need to continue like 2 to 3 hrs gap or not? And we used to feed him mostly with SIMILAC advance 1 formula milk since my wife is not having enough breast milk? Suggest this also.
My sister's daughter who is 7 months old has little bit of a hard skin. Is there any problem with skin or it is normal.
My daughter was always want to sip her fingers in her mouth. We tried to stop it many times. But we can't. Kindly tell why she s doing like this? & how to prevent this?
1. It is important to gargle with warm water immediately after nebulization. This measure is intended to wash out the deposits of drugs that if allowed to stay within the oral cavity, will lead to hoarseness of voice and oral ulcers.
2. Following the gargle, drink 2 cups of warm water. This measure will wash out the drugs that is deposited during nebulization on the walls of the esophagus. Thus avoid esophageal irritation caused due to the drug deposited on the inner walls of the esophagus.
3. It will definately help to have a air purifier at home to monitor the particulate matter content in the ambience. This will also reduce the frequency of attacks and enable relatively clean air for the affected, creating comfortable indoors.
4. Take time out to teach children on how to apply the inhaler effectively so as to be able to self-help during acute asthmatic attacks. If available, adrenaline shots of 0.5 to 1 mg may be carried on them, so that in event of severe asthmatic attack, a subcutaneous shot of adrenaline is life saving.
5. Be aware of early signs of an attack, point out these early signs to asthmatic children so that they may stop their activity and take self-help measures.
6. Do not wait for ambulances to arrive in case anybody is in acute asthmatic attack, sit the person in upright position, give them multiple shots through pocket inhaler or start nebulisation with duolin +/- budecort, if the affected person is carrying a adrenaline shot - 1mg subcutaneous should be given on the deltoid of either upper limb of the person.