Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P S. AgarwalYour feedback matters!
In a recently conducted study, most states of India are highly affected by air pollution and have poor Air Quality Index (A unit that measures the rate of air pollution on a scale of 0-500, with higher numbers indicating very poor quality of air). The scores revealed that the entire population is living under a warning zone, where the adverse impacts of such high levels of air pollution can lead to serious health problems such as asthma, coronary artery disease and other chronic issues. In fact, out of the world's top 20 most polluted cities, 13 are from India!
In lieu of these grave statistics, it is important to be aware about the ways to safeguard ourselves from the hazards of air pollution. You can protect yourself from the risks of respiratory and cardiac problems, cancer, low-immunity related issues and lung problems, if you follow these 5 simple steps:
- You can use an N95 mask: The N95 mask is a protective respiratory mask, designed specifically to filter airborne particles. It may prevent you from inhaling minute particles that the air carries by acting as a protective barrier. Its name, N95, stands for the 95 per cent of very small test particles that the respirator has been designed to block. It can significantly reduce your risk of contracting respiratory illness. Simply wear this mask over your nose and mouth while travelling.You can easily purchase this device at your local pharmacy or at certain popular online stores.
- Avoid travelling during the hours of heavy pollution: Traffic blocks, which tend to spike air pollution levels, are common during office hours in metropolitans and megacities. To guard yourself from the harmful impact of fuel and smoke emissions, you can choose to travel either just before the office rush hour starts or after it is over.
- Breathe in the fresh morning air: If you open the windows of your home every morning, it encourages the flow of fresh air. This allows all the settled dust particles and indoor pollutants to ventilate, thereby decreasing the level of pollutants in your home. This way you can breathe in fresh and pure air as it is less contaminated during the early hours of the morning. Also, you can try placing an air purifier at home as it may trap contaminants through its replaceable filter, ensuring the quality of air you breathe in at home is healthy and free of pollutants.
- Exercise at the right time: If you work out at the time of day when pollution levels are high, polluted air is drawn into your lungs at a higher rate since cardio-vascular exercises entail heavy and deep breathing. So it is a good idea to pick your workout time wisely. Just after sunrise is an ideal time since the pollution levels are the lowest.
- Consume foods and beverages rich in antioxidants: Researchers have found that vitamin C deficiency may cause breathing and immunity-related problems. Regular consumption of berries, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, apples, plums, green tea, oranges, pomegranates, and lemon among other foods may help you in naturally overcoming health impacts of air and smoke pollution. These foods and beverages can help your body build a strong immune system. They may also prove to be powerful antioxidants that help prevent the onset of respiratory diseases.
Although these methods do not entirely curb the ill-effects of air pollution and smoke, they do go a long way in significantly preventing the impacts of air pollutants on your health. So adopt them to the maximum extent you can for a healthier lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My girlfriend get pregnant and it's about 45 days of pregnancy Any medicine to drop pregnancy please help.
I am 21 years old unmarried girl I have problem with my periods, irregular sometimes n absent sometime I have this problem from january and only wen I take tabs I get periods that too bleeding is quite different from normal times and I have little pain in my stomach and back sometimes and I have a blotted stomach from april are these signs of colon or any other type of cancer? am really worried please repl asap. Thank you in advance.
I'm 22 year old when my started period at age of 16 then year gap n again start regularly in age of 17 but last 2.5 month the my period not come that's why my skin very black what I do please answer me.
I couldnt take contraceptive within 72 hrs and its 5th day now. Is there any other way to not get pregnancy? I am taking ashokarishta by now. Is there any other fruit or natural food to not get pregnant.
Is daily intake of coffee harmful? Is coffee harmful for periods? Tell me please. CoZ I am taking coffee daily. Nd my periods are not coming in this tym circle. And tell me that. Out side chinese food or cheesy food harmful or not for periods?
Here are some effective contraceptive methods
Hi! I am Dr. Renu Yadav, I am a practicing obstetrics and gynaecology in sector 40 at Angels Care Clinic. Family planning is the most important things which I think everyone should know and should be aware off. The various forms of family planning are Oral Contraceptive Pills, barrier contraceptives and multiloads. People have very uncommon notion about oral contraceptives pills that they cause weight gain, acne and menstrual irregularities as well.
Different people come with different type of complaints but oral contraceptives is the best modality as you as a person you are choosing it and its in your hand how and when you are taking the medicines and the control is completely in your hand when you want to get pregnant and when you do not want to get pregnant. It must for the ladies who are working in long shifts; maximum time is spent in offices, unmarried girls who are sexually active. Its the best modality to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Along with that the other different modality is barrier contraceptives, its more about male contraception, that we call it as barrier contraceptives, you know them by the name of condoms.
For women who have already had children’s, we suggest you give a gap of three to five years between the two births so the best modality comes as a Multiload. Multiload is a intra uterine copper device. Along with that there is a modified device also come in, which comes by the name of Mirena. So Multiload, if you get it inserted after your delivery, it can be inserted after six weeks after delivery and you can use it without any discomfort any pain any other complaint and It is totally safe for five years time and you would not get pregnant by anyhow. A routine checkup after the first visit when you got the Multiload inserted in you, a routine visit after your first menstrual cycle is a must. After that you can check the threat on your own and make sure that the device is working properly.
Along with that Mirena is an advanced kind of intra uterine devices, It’s a device which is inserted inside the uterus and it delivers a constant amount of progesterone in your body system. Mirena can also be used with patient having fibroids and having menstrual irregularities. It’s a very wonderful thing which has come in practice and it gives really good results, the patients have very satisfactory results in whatever problems they are associated with and especially with family planning.
If you want to know more about Mirena or any other family planning practices, you can contact me at lybrate.com with putting your questions and queries over there or you can come and personally visit me at my clinic at sector 40 and at Medi Urban clinic at Phase 4.
My mother in law, age near 50 her uterus removed because of some internal problem few years ago. I want to know what should be her diet? She had thyroid also. Her one kidney does not work. Please suggest.
Hello, I am having irregular periods since last few months. I am still giving feed to my 2 year old daughter. Please, help me.
My sister whose age 16+.after period she suffering from pain around the lower part including the sex organ. What she doing ?plz sir tell something?
PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is an endocrine disorder in women, in which the female hormones, progesterone and estrogen, are imbalanced. This imbalance leads to the formation of cysts (benign masses) in the ovaries. PCOS tends to affect your heart functions, fertility, menstrual cycle and appearance.
There are certain symptoms, which can be indicative of PCOS; these symptoms tend to begin as a woman's menstrual cycle starts. In certain cases, however, PCOS may also affect a woman in her mid age. PCOS can also cause excessive hair growth in unwanted places like above the upper lip,chin,arms and chest like a male.
The symptoms are:
- Increase in the production of male hormone, leads to development of male characteristics
- The size of the breasts may reduce
- The tone and the texture of the voice may change and become similar to a man's voice
- Hair may start to fall
- You may suffer from acne and pimple breakouts on your face
- It can lead to sudden weight gain
- It may affect a woman's fertility
- It may lead to pain in the pelvis
Causes: The causes of PCOS are not well known, however, the likely causes are genetics and hormonal complications. If someone in the family has PCOS, then the risk of being affected by PCOS rises significantly. The other likely cause is the overproduction of the male hormone androgen in the female body. Although androgen is a male hormone, the female body also produces it in trace amounts. However, in some cases, when it is overproduced, it might impair the ovulation process.
Diagnosis and Treatment: Once the condition is diagnosed, there are certain treatments, which are recommended for the patient. The condition in itself does not have a cure, but the symptoms can only be controlled. Medications to control the androgen levels in the female body may be administered if you have androgen hormone complication. A balanced diet and an exercise regimen can be chalked out to control body weight and regulate blood sugar levels. If PCOS leads to ovulation problems, then medications to facilitate ovulation may be advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My niece is 19 years old. She is taking homeopathy medicine for last 2 years from Baksons homeopathy for wheat allergy. Now she is diagnosed PCOD. She is not having period from last 3 months She is also taking medicines for PCOD from Dr. Bakson from last 20 days. Still not having her periods. Sir I want to know is it curable in homeopath.
I took ipill twice last month within a gap of 40 days. Yesterday I saw brown color scars on my neck. It wasn't itching. Could it be a side effect of ipill or something else? How it could be cured?
After eating a meal to your heart’s content, it is very normal to burp or belch. However, it is normal only when it happens occasionally, or after a meal, for someone used to a contented meal every single time. On the other hand, excessive burping or belching can happen due to two reasons.
- Excessive air intake: There are multiple ways that excessive air can reach the food pipe. Sucking on straws, chewing gum constantly and ill-fitting dentures are some common reasons for burping.
- Digestive problems: Ulcers in the stomach, prolonged gastric, gallstones and rarely, esophageal or stomach cancers can also cause burping.
When to see a doctor
Check with a doctor if you have persistent burping, followed by a meal or otherwise, and accompanied by the following symptoms.
- Go slow when eating and/or drinking: Most of us are pressed for time and eating and/or drinking has now become a task that needs to be finished quickly. Eating fast causes air to be swallowed, and therefore one of the best ways to stop burping is to eat slowly. Sitting in a calm, relaxing environment when eating also allows one to enjoy the food and avoid or stop burping.
- Avoid taliking while eating: There is always so much to catch up, whether at home or outside. So, talking while eating is a common practice. This is not just bad manners, but there is also a lot of air that is swallowed, which leads to burping. A solution is to chew the food properly, which not just helps stop burping, but also aids in better food digestion by mixing it adequately with saliva.
- Substitute coke with water: Carbonated drinks are another reason for belching. Replacing them with water, tea, or anything noncarbonated is advisable, not just from burping perspective, but also from the excessive sugar consumption. Carbonated drinks are just sugar solutions, and are absolutely of no nutritive value.
- Avoid straw: When possible, drink from a glass and avoid straws. This reduces the amount of gas taken in and helps stop burping
- Quit smoking: Quitting it has multiple health benefits, and getting rid of smoking is just one of them.
- Dentures: Ill-fitting dentures can be a reason for belching, and so they should be checked and corrected, if required, in a person who has persistent burping.
- Chewing gum: Constantly chewing gum contributes to burping, and so avoiding chewing gum or sucking on hard candy is another way to control burping.
- Avoid certain foods: Foodstuffs like broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, sprouts, and lentils can produce excessive gas and should be avoided in people who have persistent burping.
Follow the above steps in your daily routine; still if your burping problem persists, it is time to consult your physician.
Top 6 acupressure points for treating neck and shoulder pain: moving a little down from the head is the neck, a very important body part indeed, although the head is the site of the brain, but it is the neck that has the power to turn it whichever way it wants. But with modern day technology and computer-centric lifestyle we are more often plagued with pains and discomfort in the neck and shoulder region which is often the cause of throbbing headaches as well. All the points situated in the head and neck regions are yang points, with excessive energy flow through them and reflexology can be used effectively in providing permanent relief to discomfort and nasty pains in these regions.
Causes of neck and shoulder pain: the causes of neck and shoulder pain and stiffness are many and can range from silly reasons like sleeping in a wrong posture to serious ones like arthritis and meningitis which can leave us with a sore and painful neck for several days.
Some of the common causes of neck pain are:
Poor sitting posture
Poor sleeping posture
In all these cases it is usual to feel discomfit to numbing pains in the neck and shoulder region which is easily cured with simple exercises within a few days. But in some cases, the neck pain can be persistent, for several days or weeks with a stiffness that can spread to shoulders, back and even lead to headache.
Some serious causes of neck and shoulder pain include:
Meningitis: inflammation of meninges around the brain
Arthritis: cervical spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis
Such cases call for immediate medical attention by professionals.
Acupressure to soothe neck and shoulder pains:
Neck and shoulder pains can be quite menacing and hinder our day to day activities, but instead of restoring to temporary solutions like pain killers use reflexology to heal the ailment from within and move towards overall wellness and complete harmony between mind and body.
Acupressure is a complete healing therapy that is rooted in ancient eastern healing arts which help in curing the mid and irritating as well as the all-consuming throbbing pains that have become a part of modern life. It helps in relieving stress and bringing back balance in our life. These 6 simple acupressure points can be stimulated on your own or a therapeutic acupressure session can be given to a loved one in order to relieve pain and stiffness in the neck and shoulder.
Shoulder well: this point is located on the shoulder muscle, halfway between the base of the neck and the end of the shoulder muscle. Stimulating this point helps in relieving stiffness of neck and shoulder. It also helps in relieving back pain.
Completion bone: this point is located on the occipital ridge, in the depression behind the ear in the SCM muscle. Stimulating this point helps in relieving headache, neck pain and dizziness.
Heaven's pillar: this point is located on the occipital ridge, just at the side of where the spine enters the skull in the tendon. Stimulating this point helps in relieving neck pains, numbness, and stiffness of the neck. Stimulating this region also helps in relieving chronic cough.
I n my wife are married since 2 years. We are trying for baby. But results are not positive. What are the reasons could be behind this matter.
Jaundice, typhoid, gatroenteritis and cholera.