Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P. N. ShindeYour feedback matters!
My period date has crossed over 10 days but it have not started. Couple of times I had bleeding but not like periods. I did vomit few times and feel like vomiting whenever hv food. Continuous tiredness has also become regular. Everyone saying that all symptoms are of pregnancy. Also I am having gastric problem as well. Hence please advise what could be the real issue with her health. We are afraid it is something else and not pregnancy.
STDs or STIs are usually transmitted from one person to another through body fluids while being in a physical relationship. Herpes, Chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhea are some of the common STDs you may be susceptible to. These diseases are extremely unpleasant and usually cause long term health issues. Sometimes they might even be fatal. Here are a few ways you could use to prevent yourself from getting affected with STDs:
- Abstinence: The best and most certain way of preventing STDs is practicing abstinence. Although abstinence from any type of sexual activities including oral, vaginal or anal sex is a surefire method of prevention, it is not a very realistic method to do so. If you don't want to practice abstinence, make sure you educate yourself about other prevention methods.
- Single partner: Practicing monogamy in terms of sex is the safest kind of sexual activity. Make sure both you and your partner get tested for any STD. If you and your partner are not suffering from any STD and you both agree to practice monogamy with each other, then you automatically cut down on the risk of suffering from STDs.
- Talk: Talk to your sexual partner about his/her sexual health. Inform him/her about yours as well. Avoid having sex with someone who does not inform you with his or her sexual health information.
- Avoid taking drugs or alcohol: Try not to get drunk or take drugs before having sex. They reduce inhibitions which actually tend to make you reckless. You tend to become more adventurous and do not keep the sexual hygiene in mind at that time. Using a condom in the influence of alcohol and drugs can also result in a condom failure. Be sober enough before you have sex.
- Do not indulge with a person with symptoms: If someone shows symptoms of suffering from any kind of STD, do not indulge in any sexual activity with him or her. Refrain from having sex with him or her until he or she is treated by a doctor.
- Take precaution: Use different forms of protection while having sex to prevent pregnancy as well as STDs. But you have to realize the fact that these forms of protection are not full proof and always have a slight percentage of risk embedded in them.
Be extremely careful before you indulge in any type of sexual activity with anyone. After all, your health is in your hands. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I want to know that I had a unprotected sex on 18-12-15 with my husband and now I don't want to take contraceptive pills and I don't want to get pregnant. So what should I do to avoid pregnancy?
Hi I'm 31 years old. Meri shaadi ki 2 1/2 years ho gaye hain. Bt abhi tak main pregnant nahi hui. Mere periods normal hote hain. Main kya karun ki easily conceive ho jaye baby.
There is a big gap between my breast In which position should I sleep for healthy breast. Please advise.
My wife age is 24yr. She is suffering from PCOD. We are planning to have baby after 2 years. Will it create a problem for her to perceive pregnancy? We have consulted doctor, she has given some tablets to take for controlling hormones.
Maine apni gf k sath sex kiya periods finish hone k 2 din baad January mei or 17 ko February mei date aani thi chaiye thi q ki January mei bhi 17 ko aai thi but ab tk date nhi aai to kya she is pregnant please tell me.
I Am checking with doctor for pregnancy. However this month my follicular study says that the Right ovary reached 18*15mm and doctor prescribed Meprate tablet. Kindly let me know whether we can take this tablet. And now am getting few symptoms for periods also.
In the olden days, we had food scarcity and too much physical work. So obesity and lifestyle diseases were less among people. In those times people used to eat heavily when more food was available and eat less when no food was available.
Then came the agricultural revolution era and a smart public distribution system. Food become abundant. It became impossible to change our centuries' old habit and we started eating more.
Then came industrial, it developments and opening up of markets. It created the following things:
Less physical work. Too much mental strain. Odd working hours. Availability of cheap tasty junk foods.
All these started leading to lifestyle diseases like obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Then came the medical era (the current period), when the incidences of the above said diseases started growing out of proportions. Nowadays we have started realizing that
We are over eating. We are eating junk calories, food with high fat and salt content. We are leading a sedentary lifestyle.
We have started seeing our parents, relatives, friends getting these diseases, and we have come to know that there is no escape, since they too lead a similar lifestyle. This is the awareness era. Now availability of resources like internet and health magazines are changing people's mind to lead a healthy and fit life.
How to lead a healthy lifestyle and avoid lifestyle diseases?
Stop smoking, reduce alcohol consumption to once a week (two drinks only, it is better if avoid alcohol. Control your existing illnesses like diabetes and hypertension by dedicated dieting and regular consultation with your physician.
Physical activity: 40 minutes a day, minimum 5 days a week. Stop junk foods completely, reduce sugar, salt and oil consumption.
Sleep well (5-8 hours). Everybody has a different biological clock. A refreshing night's sleep varies from person to person. For some 5 hours is enough, for some they need 8 hours. Find out which person you are and start sleeping for the correct time.