Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P N. Kadam
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. P N. KadamYour feedback matters!
Hello! My name is DR. Vikas Khanna and today I’ll be talking very briefly about how to live and cope up with problems like Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder. It is especially for the people and family members of the patients who are suffering from schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Schizophrenia is a mental disorder in which the patient lives in his own reality, he has his own imagined reality. His behaviors and his actions are totally disassociated with what we call our normal reality. We all have our own set of realities, we perceive the world in through our colored glasses but the reality of schizophrenic patient has no common ground with the world reality. The disease has a very strong genetic disposition and sadly its prognosis is poor.
So how to cope up with it? How to live up with it? Normally we force the patient to fit himself or herself into the reality of the world which is very disturbing for the patient. We are basically perpetuating the conflict by forcing the reality. They cannot change the reality, for them, that’s the real world. Can we leave them in their own reality and at least do not aggravate the conflict? Similarly, in bipolar disorder, patients normally have episodes of high and episodes of low but we try to fit their highs into what we call normal. Can we let them enjoy their highs and not struggle with their loss?
If there is any further query, you can approach the platform lybrate and you can pose your question through email or call.
My uncle has drinking (alcohol) problem and he do not want to quit. He always want to drink whether its day or night. He is not listening anybody. Please suggest me what should I do.
Hi I am not feeling well. I am not able to sleep properly I am working in night shift. Even of its sat sun week off I am not able to sleep in night. Nw I have also tonsil problem. I have habit of smoking.
The activity of delaying or putting off something is known as procrastination. Even the best individuals battle with it consistently. However, some people accomplish something that the majority of us do not- they push past it. They do not permit it to influence their work. They develop brilliant and beneficial techniques to break past mental obstructions and remain productive. Here are a few ways with which you can beat procrastination:
- Try to start: Starting something can be very difficult. However, in case that you can get over that part, you will have some level of energy. Even your brain will probably goad you to continue dealing with the task. This happens because of a mental phenomenon called the Zeigarnik impact. It says that unfinished tasks will probably stay in your memory. This is exactly why planned things and to-do lists consistently appear in your mind until you finish them.
- Separate huge tasks into smaller assignments: Enormous tasks can frighten you, so you put them off. By taking that huge task and separating it into smaller assignments, you can decrease your burden make a start. This could include concentrating on one part of the research to begin with.
- Ask yourself “why?”: It is easier to inspire yourself to accomplish something you value. In case you are attempting to complete something, why not spend a couple of minutes asking yourself precisely why you need to do it and why it is so important to you. Weighing out the positives and negatives of the task and its benefits for you, can make you decide and perform better.
- Attempt to take a break: For those who procrastinate out of having worked too much, it does not mean you have to complete the task at once. This is known as the "sunk cost bias." The "sunk cost bias" influences players, speculators, and even a procrastinator. They feel that the task will need to be completed now and cannot be completed in the future. In some cases, a task simply does not mean you have to work on it more and more after hours.
- Go easy on yourself: To beat procrastination, you should be strict with yourself. However, that is not what science says. In case that you have procrastinated till now, you will probably begin on time going ahead. You need to show yourself some sympathy for your previous laziness instead of thrashing yourself about it.
Self-control is an important quality many successful individuals have. Having self-control permits you to carefully understand why you are procrastinating and can likewise, work towards it. When you understand why you are doing so, it will be easier for you to make a plan to beat it. This will allow you to see the underlying cause of your problem as well.