Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. P N. KadamYour feedback matters!
I'm having nasal infection .I hav used spray also bt it didn't heal me completely .still my nose get closed alternately .its nt wet bt it get closed .its been so long more Dan 3 years .and I feel some sticky mucus like thing in my throat. Because of it I cnt speak properly also. Doctor advised me to use but bt it didn't work long. I guess these two r connected to each other .please help me . Thnk you.
I am suffering from acute Depression since two years. Not interested any activities, and wish to sleep always. Can not take load of works. Get tired immediately. Please, help.
Strange personality disorders
Millions of people across the world are diagnosed as suffering from mental illness. And though most of those are disorders are common and well-known (such as depression, anxiety and phobias) there are also some unusual and bizarre disorders. For example:
1. Stockholm syndrome – typically seen in abducted hostages, this is where the captive shows signs of sympathy, compassion and loyalty towards the hostage taker. This occurs regardless of the way they have been treated – and even where they’ve been tortured or their life is under threat.
2. Lima syndrome – this is the opposite of the previous syndrome. It’s where the hostage taker is extremely concerned for the plight and wellbeing of the hostages.
3. Diogenes syndrome – this disorder is marked by severe self neglect, compulsive hoarding, reclusive tendencies, and keeping large numbers of animals at home.
4. Paris syndrome – this is very exclusive disorder … one restricted to japanese tourists in paris (it’s true!) the sufferer experiences a total mental breakdown when the city fails to meet their cultural expectations (paris is rarely as polite, romantic, peaceful and idyllic as the tourists had imagined). To cope with this experience, their embassy established a 24hr hotline to help those with the syndrome.
5. Jerusalem syndrome – people diagnosed with this particular disorder experience delusions and spontaneous psychosis after visiting a holy city. To date, all identified sufferers have had a history of mental illness, or some kind of psychosis.
6. Capgras delusion – in this rare disorder, the individual believes that a friend or family member has been abducted and replaced by an impostor (who looks identical to them). It is generally seen in those with schizophrenia, dementia, or some kind of brain injury.
7. Fregoli delusion – this is the exact opposite of capgras delusion. It is the false belief that numerous different people are actually one person who keeps changing their disguise.
8. Cotard delusion – a person suffering from this delusion believes that they don’t exist, are dead, are putrefying or have no blood or internal organs.
I am suffering from anxiety and claustrophobia since last 10 years. Presently I feel some muscle pain and weakness at leg thigh and calf muscle. Can anxiety make muscle pain or tightness?
I think I am losing my self confidence. I am failing in exams constantly. No one girlwants to be my friend due to which I am depress. What do I do?
I am a student. I do not remember anything that I was reading. My memory get irritated soon. So what can I do?
I have a lot of pain in my lower back. As I study generally 8 hrs a day, so that it pains alot. I also do yoga (for back pain only) in the morning and walking too. Sometimes pain increase upto the extent that I have to put moov or volini. Please help me with proper treatment. Hoping for proper and prompt response.
My son aged about 27 years, basically B. Tech, is in the habit of smoking Grass (Ganja) in excess quantity. He has become hyperactive. Please may I know the remedy.
My wife was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in 2002. Despite being on medication (risperidone 2mg x 2 daily) from 2006 till 2013, she has now stopped unanimously and has relapsed. Our doctor prescribed her soltus 200mg, which she declined to take. Things don't look good as my father in law, a doctor by profession, is in denial and coverup mode to further complicate matters. What is the prognosis from here on as we have a five year old adopted daughter and quiet frankly, I am getting weary of being a male nurse on 24x7 call since 1999?
Doctor, I'm male, underweight, age 29, height 170 centimetre, weight 50 kg. If one takes stress or chronic anxiety Or depression Or confusion, it can cause heart Problem and diabetes at young age?
I'm normal young boy but I am facing a problem which makes me weak. Something during my coaching classes I want to ask questions n I can't ask. My body vibrates n sweating started. Why this uneven fear is in me. I want to overcome from this fear of asking and approaching.
Craving the objects of their satisfaction, the senses take control of the mind and intelligence, leading to frustration and anger when their impossible demands go unmet.
From this anger, delusion arises, and from delusion, bewilderment of memory. When memory is bewildered, human intelligence is lost, leaving one in a hell of irrational behavior.
As fever is a symptom of some disease in the body, anger is a symptom of ongoing material hankerings.
Just as treating fever alone will not cure the disease, treating anger without understanding it to be a symptom of lust will not extinguish the unwanted behavior.
To conquer anger, we must first ask how we shall conquer lust.