Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P K JoshiYour feedback matters!
I have viral fever since last week due to that I am getting itching on my body. please advice me what to do.
Hi, I am 22 years old and having pharyngitis and consulted to 3 ENT specialist already , doctor prescribed me antibiotics 1st= zady500 (5 days) 2nd=augmentin 625 (7 days) 3rd=cepodem325 (days) And this problem is from last 1.5 years. Now I don't understand that taking antibiotic for long time is good or bad. And symptom is that I have itching some time on pharynx.
According to contemporary medical studies, loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
There are multiple factors that contribute to this problem including psychiatric or physical disorders, relationship issues, hormonal disorders etc. Let us look at the causes of this disorder at length:
1. Medical Disorders:
a) There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
b) Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
2. Hormonal Disorders:
a) Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
b) After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
c) With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
3. Lifestyle Disorders:
a) In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
b) In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
c) Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
4. Psychological factors
a) Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
b) After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire.
The first and foremost step towards dealing with it is to make your partner understand your problem. Then, it is important to consult a doctor to find out the underlying cause, thereafter, treatment of the cause can normalize the condition. Since there are multiple causes of the problem, there are different ways by which the loss of libido can be easily managed and treated. Some of them are discussed below:
1. Treatment of Hormonal Disorders: The doctors will suitably treat problems like thyroids or recommend surgical treatment for fibroids to manage HSSD.
2. Change in Medications: Since some of the medications are responsible for the lack of libido, the doctors will replace the medications to reverse this lack.
3. Addressing the psychological factors: Your doctor will either arrange for suitable psychiatric sessions or ask your partner to coordinate mutually.
4. Sex Therapy/Relationship Counseling or Testosterone Therapy: While sex therapy or relationship counseling brings back the interest by effectively counseling the individual, Testosterone therapy involves off-label usage of testosterone hormone since it is not recommended by FDA.
Proper treatment and consulting a medical expert can reverse this disorder efficiently. So, talk about the problem more openly to seek proper guidance and cure. You can also submit your queries or seek for our advice in detail by writing to us.
Related Tip: 7 Libido Boosting Foods?
How to decrease the effect of sinusitis in winter season? And tell me preventing solution without going to surgery?
Hi doctor every month I face bowel problems especially loose motion it occurs often. Give some tips for ibs & ulcerative colitis patients. What diet pattern they have to follow.
I am having severe throat pain, head ache and my whole body is paining suggest me some medicines and some useful home tips to reduce throat infection.
Does a normal health (good health) after going through abdominal pains, white vaginal discharges and all. Means I am fine as I have taken ipill 3weeks ago however, my menses are still delayed by 13days. And the preg test 4days be4 came negative. As of know I am feeling completely fine does it mean that I can expect my periods soon and the pregnancy is prevented.
I have tonsil which are visible like a pile both side in my mouth and severe itching while smoking and burning sensation. And please also advise throat cancer symptoms and various test for cancer.
There is a widespread debate about the healthiness and nutritional value of non-vegetarian food. While the advocates of both the segments cheer their own cuisines, science has a completely different standpoint. Some of the common apprehensions of consuming non-vegetarian dishes include the occurrence of deadly diseases such as diabetes, cancer, obesity,, high blood pressure, renal diseases to name a few. This being said, there is no concrete evidence of any co-relation between non-vegetarian food and complicated diseases. As a matter of fact, non-vegetarian diet has numerous nutritional benefits.
- High source of nutrition: Non-vegetarian dishes, such as meat has high protein content and is enriched with vital amino acids. While protein is the building block of the body, amino acids ensure that the body is safeguarded from common ailments and strengthen the immune system.
- Rich iron content: Iron is a key component of the hemoglobin and the human body requires it in adequate quantities for normal functioning of the system. Red meat, soup and bone marrow, for instance, is a rich source of iron. It helps the body to safeguard itself against critical diseases such as anemia.
- The vital creatinine: Meat contains a vital component called creatinine that helps the body to build muscle. A study (Brown, 2008) revealed that most vegetarian infants portray stalled growth due to creatinine deficiency.
- Good source of B12: Vitamin B12 is an important constituent that the body requires for normal functioning. Lack of this vitamin causes Macrocytic Anemia. Infant of a vegetarian mother is often witnessed to be suffering from Anemia due to lack of B12.
- Easy phosphorus availability: Vegetarian dishes contain phytic acid which needs to be converted to phosphorus by complex chemical reactions. In sharp contrast, non-vegetarian meals have ready to absorb phosphorous content.
- Vitamin A and calcium availability: Fish has vitamin A that accounts for human intelligence and formation of memory. It also helps the body with calcium content for stronger teeth and bone formation. While calcium is available in vegetarian diets, the concentration of calcium is way more in fish and other non-vegetarian sources.
- Other mineral constituents: Non vegetarian diet contains some key minerals such as zinc, riboflavin, amino acid, lysine etc. These minerals are required by the body in adequate portions in order to avoid energy deficiencies. Some fishes contain a critical component called omega 3 acids which is required by the body for sound mental and physical health.
Non-vegetarian dishes, therefore, are definitely healthy and are consumed by millions of people across the world. While there are many advantages of non-veg food, too much consumption of red meat might lead to complicated diseases. It is, therefore, essential to maintain a balanced diet for the body to function well.