Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. P K JoshiYour feedback matters!
My brother is 11 years old has undergone open heart surgery 2 years back he has scars on his chest how to remove or fade the scars.?
My bp is always on the low side, 90/60 or alike! And my doctor says that it is normal and due to the baby weight and high flow of blood in the body, but the swelling scares me! though, my last delivery was a normal one!
My age 46 height 6 ft weight 93 kg. Recently I did lipid. My HDL 31, triglyceride 100 LDL 98, vitamin D 8.49 vitamin B12 209 hbA1c 5.4 iron 62.6. Pl suggest me anything about my lipid and other report. Thanx.
I'm suffering from diabetes and blood pressure kindly suggest me proper medicine or salt to cure this disease.
I am having bp and sugar and under medical treatment. Both are under control. Kindly suggest me the natural remedies for both.
- A proper diet is very essential to ensure heart health.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Vegetable soups and salads are a good way to include vegetables in your diet. When you feel the urge to snack, choose a piece of fruit or sticks of broccoli, radish, and carrots. A dessert of stewed fruits is also delicious but nutritious. Add chopped fruits in your yogurt.
- Cut down on fats. Saturated fats are the enemies of the heart. Stay away from fried stuff, especially deep fried foods. Switch to fat-free or fewer fats methods. Bake, roast, grill, boil, steam or poach.
- Use a non-stick pan for frying and use a healthy oil like olive oil. If the food is too dry, add moisture by adding a little fresh lemon juice which will also help to enhance the flavor.
- Change over to low fat foods. Switch over to skimmed milk instead of whole milk. Go for low-fat yogurts, cheeses, and spreads.
- Avoid red meat which has a higher fat content. Switch to skinless chicken. Fish is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which are good fat. Try and include fish in your diet, once or twice a week.
- Include plenty of fiber in your diet. Fiber helps in reducing cholesterol.
- Reduce your consumption of sugar. Cakes, cookies and candies which contain too many calories lead to obesity. This increases your chances of heart disease.
- Cut down your consumption of alcohol.
For the last 20 years, I have been on prescribed medications of Ciplar 40 mg and Lonazep 1 mg. Total dose of ciplar per day is 100 mg. Lonazep is 3 mg total per day. I was diagnosed with PSVT. However a recent visit to a cardiologist from chennai was doubtful of psvt. He however suggested electrophysiology. But recently my b.p shot up to 170/110 at a clinic. But my home monitor showed 115/75. 15 minutes later. Of course I was in high anxiety at the clinic. Now doctors can hardly get my true b.p. Is there any medicine to cure this white coat hypertension. Please help.
I have severe chest burn and acidity problems often. I consume Pan plus 40. I am suffering from acidity problem for more than 3 years. Please advise.
I am 24 years old female, my weight is 72 kgs, I have fatty liver and cholesterol, my weight was 80 kgs I stopped eating out and started exercising I lost 8 kgs. Still I have to loose 8 kgs to come in the normal weight category , I have recently started reading articles on healthy diets diet plans, etc. I had gone to a dietician also I got a diet chart as well, I came across blood type diet pal . My blood group is o positive, according to it I should not eat wheat and dairy products, by according to my dietician I should control carbs and intake fiber , I am confused what I should do? How effective or ineffective is blood type diet.
My heart beats more n more than a simple heartbeat and my windpipe gets problem while taking air. Soo now wat can I do?
I am 56 years old my blood sugar random 273 what medicines ican take already I am bypass surgery done past 5 years back now I am taking daily one tablet starpressxl 50 mg and ecosprin av 150/20 mg.
I am having high bloodpressure problem from past 4 months. Was admitted to hospital for one month nd lost my baby because of it 2 months ago, still not in control. please suggest something.
My cholesterol and triglyceride level above the reference limit and I took AZTOR EZ for 6 month thereafter my cpk is high, so far I stopped the said drug. Nowadays I am without drug with the elevated levels of cholesterol and triglyceride. What can I do now? What is the treatment?
Love:It does make the world go round. With millions of songs and movies that have this emotion in its center, can it really be any other way? From early life, love acts as a security blanket from our parents, a growing up adventure with siblings and an out of the world experience with pets. When you learn to care and love, it becomes a life habit that helps you find happiness in all situations.
In several Harvard studies over the years on finding the 'secret of happiness'and the connection between happiness, health, and love, one common undisputed fact emerged that love and good relationships keep you healthier and happier. There really is no medicine like having someone to love and share a life with. Note that you need these reasons for being in love but it is great to know them any way.
- The heart and love connection: Our heart has been connected with the emotion of love for so many reasons. Historically, the heart was thought to be the seat to thinking, emotions and memories. It beating extra hard during excitement and love gave an automatic connection to the two. This popular notion continued to take center stage even after it was scientifically proven that the heart only pumped blood while the brain took up other functionalities. The association remains strong until date where the beating heart as a life source is associate with love - which makes life a happy place.
- Love can boost your immune system: A research by Ronald Glazer and Jan Kiecolt-Glaser suggested that couples who engaged in positive conflict resolution had a higher functioning immune system than those who didn't. Which means, if you get into an argument, you need to play fair and play nice. Couples who argued and stonewalled showed a larger decline in their immediate immune system functioning. Some connection!
- Love more, live longer: According to a 2004 study by the CDC, married couples had the lowest mortality rates. Generally speaking, people who are in committed, loving relationships experience less stress which translates to improved heart health. Happy and loving relationships also coax us into giving up risky behaviours like smoking, especially when you want to raise a family. This in turn propels a healthy lifestyle.
- It can reduce your pain: Pain is a feeling when we are physically harmed internally or externally and its intensity is controlled by our brain. But the heart plays an equally important role in its intensity - i.e. reducing it. If you hold the hand of the person you love, it can minimize your feelings of pain. No wonder then that women in labor hold their husband's hand to tide through the pain!
- Love can keep your heart happy: Love increases the feeling of bliss and elevates you into a different sphere of optimism, energy and sense of well being - all of which go into keeping your heart healthy.