Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P. G Divate
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. P. G DivateYour feedback matters!
I am a 56 yrs old, male. I have diabetes (hereditary) and high blood pressure. Diabetes is around two old. Pressure is under control. Presently my feet (both), at the toe end, the under sloe below the toes get swelled up and numb, also the toes get numb. This has happened when my diabetes reading had gone upto 230. It later came down to 150. But the swelling and numbness still persist. Presently, I am taking, glycomet? 500 sr, diabetone pn, euglim 1. What is your view.
Sleep-Wake Disorder is a very uncommon syndrome which causes irregular sleeping patterns without any real schedule.
Persons with brain malfunctioning and those who do not have a regular routine during the day experience such disorders. People with changing work shifts often experience such disorder. Also, travellers who often move from one country to another with different time zones may also have these symptoms.
There's no cure for this disorder, but treatments, including hormones, medicine, and light therapy, can help get you closer to a normal sleeping pattern.
Symptoms may include any of the following:
- Sleeping or napping more than usual during the day
- Trouble falling asleep and staying asleep at night
- Waking up often during the night
Exams and Tests
A person must have at least three abnormal sleep-wake episodes during a 24-hour period to be diagnosed with this problem. The time between each such episode varies from 1 to 4 hours. The doctor may advise you to go ahead with a device called actigraph in case the diagnosis is unclear. The device looks like a wristwatch, and it can tell when a person is sleeping or awake.
Though there is no simple cure for irregular sleep-wake syndrome, however, several therapies and lifestyle changes may help a person return to a normal sleep-wake cycle. These include:
- A regular daytime schedule of activities and mealtimes need to be fixed.
- You should not stay in bed during the day for long.
- Use bright light therapy in the morning like those from computer screens and television. The period of exposure should also be increased. Exposure to blue light should be minimized at night.
- You should take melatonin at bedtime. This is a hormone that controls the sleep-wake cycle. By taking doses at the right times, you might be able to shift your body clock earlier or later.
- Make sure to make the room dark, quiet, and as comfortable as possible at night.
- Also one should try to minimize the amount of noise in the sleep environment.
- Add more structure to the patient’s day by scheduling social interaction, exercise, and other activities.
- Your doctor may prescribe drug to control the timing of the sleep-wake cycle.
Finally, you should take proper care of yourself. Make positive changes in your lifestyle. You can even ask your boss to make your work schedule a bit flexible.
The ultimate goal of these lifestyle changes is to help the person sleep longer at night and make him feel active and awake during the day. Most people have sleep disturbances on occasion. But you need to consult a doctor if such sleep disorders occur regularly.
Mere sir me jyada drd rehta h. Dr. Ne muje migrane btaya h. Or ab to left aankh b twitch hoti rehti h. To muje puchna tha kya muje tej dhup me rehna chahiye mtlb kitni der tk tej dhup me reh skti hu. Ya koi prblm ho jaayegi. Tell me doctor.
My mother is suffering from back cramp or spine problem. Her leg is also effected, it also become tight at night. Doctor's report told that it's not slip disc prob. My mother is in depression now thinking about paralysis attack. please help me.
My blood pressure normally has been 130 /90 From last 15 days it has come down to 115 /65. What could be cause of the same. Remedy I suffer from sleep apnea I also take.
I had a slip dics (due to lifting heavy article) some 3 years back. Even after rest and medication, I feel numbness in my lower limbs when I sit or stand for more than half hour. Doctors say this could be due to some nerve compression. Physiotherapy also has been tried.
I regularly get migraine attack and sometimes the pain feels over the brows upper portion. Please help.
Please suggest foods that one must have to prevent or eliminate neurological problems in middle age or senior age. Also my mother is 68 years old and is suffering from ring from dementia. She is forgetting small small things. How can it be cured? Please suggest tests that need to be done and foods, medicines that she should take.
Here are 10 foods you should add into your diet that can help improve your mind:
1. Leafy greens. Some ideas: kale, spinach, collard and mustard greens. These foods are high in folate and b9, which improve cognition and reduce depression.
2. Cruciferous vegetables. Broccoli, cauliflower, bok choy, brussels sprouts and kale contain folate and have cartenoids that lower homo-cysteine (an amino acid linked with cognitive impairment).
3. Beans and legumes. These foods contain more folate, iron, magensium and potassium that can help with general body function and neuron firing. They also contain choline, a b vitamin that boosts acetylcholine (a neuro transmitter critical for brain function).
4. Whole grains. Good bets include quinoa, kammut and gluten-free oats (not bread and cereal)
5. Berries and cherries. These fruits contain anthocyanin that protects the brain from further damage caused by free radicals. They also have anti-inflammatory properties and contain antioxidants and lots of vitamin c and e.
6. Pumpkin, squash, asparagus, tomatoes, carrots and beets. These vegetables, if not overcooked, contain vitamin a, folate and iron that help with cognition.
7. Omega 3s. People whose diets contain daily omega 3s have been shown to have 26% less risk of having brain lesions that cause dementia compared with those who do not. These fatty acids help the brain to stay in top shape. You can get your omega fatty acids from fish, flax seeds, olive oil (not safflower) or by taking a good quality omega 3 supplement.
8. Almonds, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts and pecans. All of these nuts contain omega-3s and omega-6s, vitamin e, folate, vitamin b6 and magnesium.
9. Sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. These seeds contain zinc, choline and vitamin e.
10. Cinnamon, sage, tumeric and cumin. Theses spices can all help to break up brain plaque and reduce inflammation of the brain which can cause memory issues. In addition to eating the foods listed above, you’ll want to decrease the risk of illnesses that can make your brain age such as obesity, heart disease, diabetes and hypertension.