Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Omar Faruk KhanYour feedback matters!
Hi my mum as gout arthritis fr this she as ESR is 40 n uric acid is 6.3 but now its 3 mainly how to reduce ESR n uric acid my mum leg s paining n burning sensation can't sleep can you suggest medicine, thy have given combiflam tablet.
Hi sir I am having pain in my hips and pelvis and also in the inner part of thigh since 5 months. Got MRI done 2 might months ago. Report is normal. From past one month pain has increases on activity. Have been trying hot fermentation and physiotherapy, not much help.
In my body had some black colors coming in legs and my back What is the reasons for it how treat this.
I am 30 years old, from one month I am having joint pains in fingers and legs, I went to orthopaedics doctor they are telling it will take 1-2 months but not cured. I want to know why this pains are coming. Please suggest me.
I am facing pain in my lower back and back side of my left leg? I am unable to sit properly and pain is increasing day by day from last week.
I've been suffering from cervical spondilosis since 5 years with pain in left side of neck.Since last 3 years having frozen shoulder in left side.Treated with some NSAID and muscle relaxant and some exercise but still it is painful .Kindly help!
My wife is 56 years old and weight 73 kg her height is 4'8" she is taking ayur slim 2 tablets after bf I need suggestions for reducing weight She is suffering from bp and arthritis taking medicine.
Hello sir, I have pot spine and i'm taking medicines from 15th jan though I can walk now as my doc said while walking I feel pain in my ankles, I have high uric acid after medications. I do not feel feel much pain in my back now its 50-60% gone. I want to know if I can ever be like before I was. Thanks
I am 20 years old man and I have backpain all the time I used pain relief ointment but nothing happens.
I am 14 years old When I was playing something pinned into my foot it turned black and slightly swollen in the spot how to cure it.
The bones are a porous matrix which is filled with minerals like calcium and phosphorus which make them strong. Over a period of time, the mineral content is lost and therefore the matrix gets brittle. Bones are more likely to fracture in these people.
- The bones get fragile and brittle with age in most people, and people over 60 years of age are likely to be affected
- Asian women about the age of 45 are prone to osteoporosis
- Reduced vitamin D intake (either by sun exposure or through diet) also makes bone porous and prone to fracture
- Sedentary lifestyle with minimal or no exercise
- Lower levels of estrogen, especially post menopause
- Cigarette smoking
- Reduced testosterone levels
- With fracture, there is severe pain, loss of mobility, and need for prolonged nursing.
Foods which can help control/prevent osteoporosis:
- Yoghurt: Derived from milk, it is rich in animal protein and also contains good amounts of vitamin D and B2, calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium. It helps in maintaining estrogen levels during menopause, thereby preventing osteoporosis. They also provide a good supply of gut bacteria, which improves immunity.
- Milk: Similar to yoghurt, this is also rich in various minerals that are essential for bone health. The vitamin D in it also improves calcium absorption, thereby prolonging the occurrence of osteoporosis.
- Fish and meat: Lean meat and fish are good sources of oils and protein and form an essential part of diet for preventing osteoporosis. Sardines and salmon are ideal as the tiny fish are rich sources of calcium.
- Eggs: This contains good amounts of natural protein, minerals, and vitamins essential for bone health. It also helps in estrogen formation, which has a bone-protective effect.
- Cabbage: Any form of cabbage is good for preventing osteoporosis. It promotes bone metabolism and has calcium which help in strong bone formation.
- Bananas: Another effective food in preventing osteoporosis, it helps improve absorption of calcium and other essential nutrients to ensure bones are formed and maintain health. It also has natural oils, potassium, and vitamins A and C in good quantity.
- Almonds: It forms an integral part of preventing osteoporosis by increasing bone density and promoting bone health. It also has good oil content, which is also essential for bone health.
- Legumes: Beans and other legumes are rich source of proteins and minerals and therefore prevent onset of osteoporosis.
- Bengal gram (chole): Another great source of various minerals and vitamins, it is very low in calories and sugar and is great to lose weight. It also improves bone health by increasing density.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!