Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Niveditha
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NivedithaYour feedback matters!
My baby girl is 50 days old she is not drinking breastmilk only dexolac premium 1 milk can I give her nandini milk or cows milk ors suggest me some other brand formula milk.
My 10 months old is appearing lean .not doo fatty is it good I am giving him every food ,dry fruits and all. What is best foods for baby and even he didn't got his first teeth till now. Is it ok! help me thank you doctor.
My new born baby girl is 8 days old. Her naval has a ambical cord which bleed minutely. Can I use mbsporin antibiotic powder on it which contains (neomycin, bacitracin and sulphacetamide. And what is the procedure to apply?
My daughter is 2 year 4 months old. She has normal diet from family pot and not baby food now. My concern is that she does not want to brush her teeth. I try brushing her teeth while I brush mine, I also try rubbing her teeth with my index finger applying toothpaste to it, etc. Brushing her teeth every morning is a big challenge for me. Please suggest on how do I convince her to brush her teeth.
My age is 38. I was married late. We have a girl child who is now 6 years old. My husband wants to go for the second child. Some people say that children born in late ages are always by surgery. Is this true?
Hi I am 25 years old girl I have a baby girl 7 months old, me and my husband planned a trip for 1 week without our baby girl, still I give breastfeeding my problem is after 1 week trip my milk will stop, how to continue my breastfeeding after that trip pls advice.
Research shows that overweight children have a higher chances of developing chronic health problems such as hypertension, asthma, high cholesterol, and even cancer as they grow up. Apart from these health conditions, being obese can cause severe self-esteem problems as well. In short, obesity in children, more specifically childhood obesity, can affect the overall physical, mental and emotional health of your child.
Here are 5 easy ways to prevent your child from falling into the perils of obesity.
1. Develop healthy eating habits in your child
Encouraging your little ones to develop healthy eating habits is vital for maintaining optimum body weight. Instead of high sugar and high fat foods, a child’s diet should consist of fruits, vegetables and whole-grain foods (such as oats, quinoa and wheat). Proteins such as lean meats, lentils, beans and fish should be included in his/her eating plan as well. Most importantly, serving food in the right portion sizes will ensure your child is getting the right amount of nutrients, while preventing him/her from consuming empty calories. Inculcate these eating habits in them right from the time they are toddlers so that it stays with them as they get older.
2. Make your child avoid calorie-rich foods
Getting your child to avoid fatty, sugary and salty foods can also prevent him from tipping over the weighing scale. Present before your child low sugar and low fat alternatives that he/she would enjoy eating such as apples, bananas, carrots, etc.
3. Encourage your child to pursue physical activity
Try to encourage your child to engage in some form of physical activity for about 60 minutes every day. From brisk walking, swimming, dancing to skipping - your child could opt for any of these physical activities. Having your child lead an active life can see him/her enjoying a number of health benefits like respite from stress, strengthening of his/her bones and muscles and decrease in blood pressure, to name a few.
4. Put a limit on your child’s TV time
When it comes to the time that your child may spend before the TV, computer or other gizmos, it should be not more than 2 hours a day. Instead, devise fun activities wherein your child as well other members of the family can take part in or ones in which your child does not need a company.
5. Ensure your child gets enough sleep
Lastly, a good night’s rest that lasts about 9-12 hours is vital for optimal weight maintenance. Studies reveal that children who slept for fewer hours were more at risk of being obese. This is because less sleep causes fatigue, leading to a decrease in physical activity and therefore, use of energy.
My daughter has weazing at night times. We were user homeopathy for 1 year but not cured later we went to childrens specialist and he has done all tests and come to know that infection and sugeested to use levoline, budecort and montralkid. When ever using that time no weazing and again its comes. We are taking thi treatment from 8 months. Her age is 8. Please advise.
My child is just 8 month and he has been facing cold since last three month. And now he have fever. I have been to doctor too but no recovery. Please let me know.
My son age is 10 but he did not drink milk daily. Sometime he drink boost with milk. Is this good ? Please suggest which one is good ?
Why breech baby form's and why mother's having low or adequate liquor. It causes c section, after c section can women get normal delivery? How much time gap is necessary for first and second pregnancy?
I have a 10 month baby, in this condition which type of medicine should take and what are the side effect after taking that medicine?
My baby is 3.5 months old. She is having low weight 4.7 kg. She is not taking mothers milk. How to increase her weight.
Hello my baby is 7 month and I am feeding ragi of 1st bite but problem is that when he does potty, Ragi particles goes out, is it normal?
My daughter is 9 years old she has a problem of bed wetting. I am currently having homeopathic treatment but not really working. Any treatment for this. Reply asap.
Your baby's skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. A healthy skin also has aesthetic benefits apart from being disease resistant.
It takes about a year for the epidermis of a baby to develop and function effectively. Once the baby turns one, the skin gets thicker and more immune to skin problems.
Here are four common skin problems found in almost every infant:
- Prickly heat rashes: Prickly heat rashes are the rashes, which develop on the face, neck, back or the bottom of the baby because of heat. To deal with this situation you should try to keep the infant cool and dry (not let him/her sweat) and ensure that they wear loose and comfortable clothes made of cotton.
- Seborrhea: Rashes that develop on the scalp, eyebrows, cheeks, chest, and/or neck of a newborn baby (up to 6 months), are known as seborrhea. It appears to be gruesome, but does not bother the baby. It is recommended to use mild baby shampoo and creams to get rid of the problem. If there is no improvement, consult a dermatologist.
- Eczema: About 20% of the babies suffer from a very itchy skin rash known as 'eczema'. The affected area of the skin may turn red, ooze pus or crust over. It can be a result of an irritation caused due to sweating in a hot weather or due to the drying up of skin in a cold weather. Some clothing, specifically wool can even trigger this skin condition in a baby. A dermatologist or a paediatrician should be consulted in order to know what should be done.
- Diaper rash: Diaper rash is the development of red and inflamed skin in the area under the diaper. It is recommended to check the diaper for any wetness at regular intervals, and to change it when required. The diaper should not be too tight or left on too long. Applying a diaper rash ointment and keeping the area dry and open whenever possible can help in relieving your baby from the problem.