Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nivedita SurveYour feedback matters!
Breast milk is the best for babies and the benefits of breastfeeding are one too many. Breast milk not only supplies your baby with its requirement of vitamins and nutrients, but also gets the substances which fight diseases, making your baby healthy and strong.
Benefits of breastfeeding are:
1. Protects Your Body - Breastfeeding induces some changes in your body which you might not be very delighted to accept, but are for the sake of your baby. Did you know, these very changes benefit you as well. Studies have proved that women who breastfeed are protected against breast and ovarian cancer. The longer you feed, the more protected you are.
2. Reduces Stress - Adding to the benefits of breastfeeding you can derive, is the fact that it helps you reduce stress. It also lessens your risk of postpartum depression. Breastfeeding has been found to be relaxing since it releases the hormone called oxytocin. This release also helps the uterus contract.
3. Averts Risk For Baby - A breastfed baby has lower risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
4. Reduces Obesity Risk In Baby - Breastfed babies have lower chances of obesity. They are good at judging when their tummies are full and therefore stop drinking on time. This leads to healthy growth pattern. Compared to babies who are fed on formula, breastfed babies gain weight at slower speed, hence reducing chances of obesity later in life.
5. Increases Cognitive Skills - Multiple researches have shown that there is a direct relationship between cognitive development and breastfeeding.
6. Enhances Baby’s Immunity - Breastfeed babies are also said to be better protected from developing allergies as immune factors like secretory igA is present only in breast milk. It creates a protective layer on the babys intestinal tract. Babies who aren't breastfeed are known to fall sick pretty frequently as formula diet doesn't build their immunity as mother's milk does.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Am 2 months 7 days pregnant my doc has advised me to take folic acid 5 mg, nidagen 200 mg twice a day. My tsh level was 3.8 soeltroxin25 mg empty stomach has been advised but no iron tablet ia prescribed to me. Could you pls tell why iron tab is not recommended as I think it is also imp. Please help.
Is there any treatment other than borne marrow transplantation (which was ruled out in this case) and blood transfusion on a regular monthly basis (which is being done for her for last 18 years and high chances of infections) for THALASSEMIA MAJOR. This girl, who is the daughter of my friend, is suffering from this since the age of 2 and she is now 20 doing her BBA LLB. She is a very normal cute girl without any external look of a patient. She is based in Kerala.
My son 8 months old suffering from cold and mild fever and also having motions at least 5 times a day from the last two days. Please help us sir.
Hi. My wife is 27 years old. We had baby a year ago and she is doing breastfeeding since then, her health is falling gradually. As she is eating regular food and taking iron- folic acid tablets. Due to breastfeeding her breast is getting really loose. What she should do to regain her health and firm breast?
My son has developed some kind of black material (dried up skin) on his body (at few places on chest and back) from the age of 3years and now he is 12 years. There is no itching n pain. Doctors told us it is birth mark only. I have pictures and can send them if email I'd is given by any doctor. Please advise, Thank you.
Hello My son is having diarrhea from past 3 days. He is passing more than 20 stools in a day. Earlier the color was black now it is greenish with mucous. We have consulted a homeopathy doctor and she has prescribed aloes200. Podo 200 and merc cor. For dysentery. Is it the correct medication since we are taking this from 3 days. He had fever also of 103 degree which has now reduced to 98.6. Only the frequency of stools has not reduced. We are confused if we should take him to allopathy for immediate relief or will it heal through homeopathic treatment.
Children need a variety of different foods each day.
Snacks are an important part of a healthy diet for active children.
Make snacks nutritious, not just high in energy.
Plan to share meals as a family.
Enjoy talking and sharing the day’s happenings at mealtimes.
Let children tell you when they’re full.
Give your child lunch to take from home.
Let children help with food preparation and meal planning.
Encourage physical activities for the whole family.
Encourage children to drink plain water.
1years old boy. Motion several (3--4) times in the afternoon with little mass and more fluid, and the skin around the anus get irritated with red colour and the child cry loudly for a long time. The fluid seems to be acidic. The child take only homely food such as rice, wheat, milk, banana and thrice NAN milk powder. What to do? Any change in the feeding?
Hi, I am 7 week 1 day pregnant. I am working my office timings are 9-6 but it took almost 4 hours (2 hrs in the morning, 2hrs in the eve. I go via cab) to reach my office. Though am not having nausea, vomiting any symptom, everything is fine but still in just want to know that sitting for almost 13-14hrs will effect anyway my baby's growth or should I take leave right now till 4th month and then continue my job? Please advice on this?
Hello. I have a daughter of 3 month. Im breast feeding her but my milk supply is not adequate for her. She keeps crying even after feeding. Nd feels as if still hungry. Im giving her dexolac formula milk twice in the day. Can I drink lactare powder to increase milk supply or does it has any side effects. Nd if safe how mch quantity shud I take in a day.
My son two and half year old. Good weight and height. But in this age he have dark circle around eyes. I also have dark circle from my childhood. Let me y this coming and way to cure.
Hi. I am from India and my son is 2 years 5 months. His birth weight was 2.89 kgs. He is a very fussy eater. He does not drink milk while he is awake, so I have to feed him with a bottle when he sleeps I am giving him tonoferon drops and ostocalcium syrup but not regularly. Please suggest if I can add all change his Iron and Calcium supplements.
I have a 2 month old baby he's having stuffy nose and it feels there is a little congestion too cuz wen I pick him up I can feel grunting sound from his back what medicine should I give and what should be the room temperature should we use the air conditioner or no.
Sir kindly advise recent blood report of my son are as under 1. ALP 769 U/L 2. Calcium 10.2 mg/dl 3. Phosphorus 5.1 mg/dl 4. Calcium serum 9.8 mg/dl 5. PTH 53.9 pg/ml may please advise what problem is with him.
I am 27 years old, I have a 14 months baby (breastfeeding). My breast are became sagging & breast are not good size. How I increase my breast size? What do I do for sagging breast? How I tighten my loose belly?
It might happen that you may not find your child, at twelve months to two years of age, at the same level as their peers in verbal communication. You think it's just a developmental problem they are facing and put off seeking professional advice; an intrinsically wrong step to take, because your child might be suffering from Speech Delay.
Delayed speech, or alalia, can be roughly defined as a delay in the development and use of the biological mechanisms that produce speech. Delayed speech is sometimes caused from hearing defect also. A deaf child is always dumb. Before we jump into conclusion of delayed speech, hearing assessment is mandatory.
The symptoms of speech delay are roughly categorized into age related groups, generally beginning at the age of 12 months and continuing through the early adolescence, and they are:
1. Age-12 months
a. It is indeed a symptom if your child cannot point at objects or cannot manage gestures, such as waving good-bye.
b. Another symptom is that if your child does not prefer to communicate verbally as much as his/her peers.
2. Age-15-18 months
a. If your child is unable to pronounce familiar syllables or simply cannot call you even by this time, it's a worrying symptom.
b. You find your child unable to, or simply not reciprocating to 'no', 'hello', 'hi', 'bye'.
c. If your child is unable to extend his/her vocabulary up to 15 words by fifteen months, then it's a symptom.
3. Age-2-4 years
a. You find your child unable to spontaneously produce speech and words.
b. Another worrying symptom is if your child is lacking consonant sounds at the beginning and end of words while speaking.
c. If you still find your child unable to form simple sentences and words, then it is indeed a troubling symptom, confirming the disorder.
The causes for the speech delay disorder are:
1. A primary cause can be physical disruption in parts of the mouth such lips or palate, which may be deformed.
2. Another serious cause can be an oral-motor dysfunction which is the disruption in the creation of the specific area of the brain which deals with speech and communication.
3. The disorder can also be attributed to impairment in the development of the child's intellectual, receptive and expressive abilities.
4. There can also be psychological causes involving school environment and peer relationships which might lead to disruption of speech patterns and reluctance in speech expression and development. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.