Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nivedita Malik
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nivedita MalikYour feedback matters!
Urinary Tract Infections are common infections, affect men and women of all ages, and vary dramatically in their presentation and sequelae.
Urinary Tract Infections are a common cause of morbidity and can lead to significant mortality.
WHAT IS AN UTI?
A UTI is an infection involving any part of the Urinary Tract such as the Urethra, Urinary Bladder and the Kidneys.
UTI is an inflammatory response of the urothelium (lining of the urinary tract) to bacterial invasion.
INCIDENCE AND EPIDEMIOLOGY
Women are most at risk for a UTI. Nearly half of all women (50%) will experience a UTI during their lifetime.
Women have a short urethra which makes it easier for the bacteria to enter the bladder and cause infections. Also the urethra is in close proximity to the anal canal, which is the source of these organisms.
What causes the UTI`s?
The most common causative organisms of UTI`s are bacteria from the bowel such as E.coli, proteus, pseudomonas etc.
Once the bacteria enter the urethra, they travel upwards causing infection in the bladder and sometimes other parts of the urinary tract.
Sexual intercourse is commonly associated with UTI`s in women. During intercourse, the bacteria in the vaginal area are sometimes transferred into the urethra by the motion of the penis.
Using spermicides or a diaphragm also can cause more frequent UTI`S , due to increased binding of the organisms to the lining of the urethra.
Menopause also increases the risk of getting a UTI. During menopause, the level of estrogen decreases which causes changes in the periurethral tissues that can lead to a UTI.
In men, urethritis is usually the result of bacteria acquired during sexual contact.
SYMPTOMS AND SIGNS OF A UTI
- A strong persistent urge to urinate.
- A burning sensation during or after urination.
- Passing frequent, small amounts of urine.
- Blood in the urine (Hematuria) / Cloudy Urine / Foul smelling urine.
- Pain in the lower abdomen and the pelvis.
- Penile discharge in men.
- Pain in the flank region/ back, fever , nausea and vomiting, fatigue (Infection of the kidneys)
HOW ARE UTI`S DIAGNOSED?
The Urologist will take a proper history and examine the patient and order some basic investigations like Urine Analysis and Urine Culture and sensitivity. UTI`S in males require more detailed investigations like the Ultrasound of the Abdomen to elucidate the cause of UTI.
Based on the severity of the symptoms, the urologist may prescribe antibiotics empirically based on the common sensitivity patterns. The antibiotic may be changed based on the Urine C/S report , which usually takes around 48 hours time. You may also be prescribed a medicine that will relax the bladder while the antibiotic starts to work.
Patients must make sure they take the complete course of treatment as directed and to return back if the symptoms are not relieved.
Patients are also advised to drink plenty of oral fluids, which help in flushing out the bacteria from the urinary tract. Patients are also asked to avoid coffee, alcohol, and soft drinks containing caffeine until the infection is cleared because these can irritate the bladder and cause worsening of symptoms.
Kidney Infections (Pyelonephritis) usually require hospitalization and more intensive management.
PREVENTION OF UTI`S
- Drink plenty of oral fluids to flush out the bacteria
- Do NOT hold the urine for long periods of time. Urinate when you feel
- Wipe from front to back after a bowel movement.
- Urinate before and after sexual contact emptying the bladder completely each time.
- Avoid using spermicides/ diaphragms , in case of recurrent UTI`s
- Avoid use of feminine “hygeiene” products like douches and sprays, which could upset the delicate bacterial balance of the genital region.
Getting Married in November please tell me Do's and Don'ts of First Night after Marriage. How to handle my Wife (assuming Virgin) Way of Intercourse , Timing ,etc.
Paneer, also known as cottage cheese, is a dairy product which is made by curdling the milk with the help of lemon or vinegar and then draining the liquid. Not only is it delicious and an integral part of some of the most popular dishes of Indian cuisine, it is also a very good source of calcium, protein and healthy fats that help in improving the functioning of the body.
Here are some of the surprising health benefits of this Indian dietary staple:
- Diabetes-friendly: The carbohydrate content is low in paneer, which makes it a very good option for diabetics. Consumption of paneer does not cause a surge in the blood sugar level as it is digested slowly by the body.
- Improves bone and teeth health: Protein is a good source of calcium and phosphorus that helps in improving the health of the teeth and bones in the body.
- Helps in weight loss: Cottage cheese is a great source of conjugated linoleic acid that helps in boosting the metabolism of the body, thus aiding weight loss. Plus, it lowers the risk of cancer by reducing the amount of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Contains high amounts of protein: Enriched with vegetable protein, which is the basic building component of muscles and bones, paneer is known to keep your muscles and bones in good health. Besides, the protein in paneer is essential for brain development and the development of the fetus, making it another reason why it should be a part of your diet.
- Improves metabolism: Paneer contains high amounts fiber, which helps in improving the digestive process of the body. It also adds bulk to the stool and helps in feeling full.
- Controls blood pressure: It regulates blood pressure as it contains potassium, which helps in lowering blood pressure by controlling the effect that sodium has on your body.
- Boosts the immune system: Paneer contains compounds that help in strengthening the immune system, thereby preventing disorders like common cold, cough and bronchial asthma.
Mam mene tablet li thi abortion k liye to 5 days time aaya fir hlka hlka aaya 2 din fir bnd ho gya fir 4 din bnd RHA or uske baad subah aaya fir sham ko bnd ho gya ab kl s bnd h or mene prega news s test Kiya h to negative AA RHA h to koi problem h Kya or esa Kyu hua h.
May I know the reason for fetal distress (why baby heart beat is very low suddenly during delivery )?
In a conservative society like that of India, premarital sex or casual sex is still a taboo. With the fast changing trend in the society, some parents may consider dating and premarital sex to be normal but the same cannot be said for a major part of our society who still consider these relations as scandalous and unethical.
No one can be moral policed here for the choices they make. While some may engage in casual sex owing to the sexual urges, some may want to enjoy their lives without the promises of love, commitment or restrictions. While there are still many people who believe in love, the younger generation is more inclined towards casual sex.
Before labelling anyone with a tag, it is important to understand why do people go for casual sex? Are they commitment phobic or are there some underlying factors that have gone unnoticed and unattended?
Why do people go for casual sex?
Also known as Recreational Sex, casual sex is all about enjoying the moment and moving on in life.
- Most people opt for casual sex as it gives them a sense of freedom where they can enjoy life and yet remain single and not committed.
- Some people hate restrictions that they may have to deal with if in a relationship.
- Believe us, but research says people who fear betrayal and separation often go for casual sex.
- Some people are of the belief that getting into a relationship can spell doom for their career. Hence, they prefer casual sex to a committed relationship.
- People who have a liberal view about love and sex feel relaxed and stress-free after the casual sex. In fact, quite a few people go for casual sex to beat stress and anxiety (both personal as well as professional).
- For some, casual sex act as a mean to break free from the shackles of inhibitions and awkwardness.
- While in casual sex, you can be yourself as there will be no one to judge you or your performance.
- Strangely, some people discover their true self during casual sex. It gives them a direction, an idea about what they want from life.
With so many benefits, casual sex comes as the best option available. But what is a bed of roses without thorns?
- Not knowing the person you are having sex with can be risky. Incidences of STD and other related disorders are more likely to affect people going for casual sex.
- People get into casual sex to deal with stress and anxiety, yet the casual sex may end up leaving you mentally and emotionally drained and exhausted. Research suggests many people suffer from depression post a casual sex. There are chances that the casual fling may turn into something serious, at least for one of the partners. With time it may turn into a fatal attraction resulting in anxiety and depression.
Casual sex is a choice made by two individuals who prefer not to be in love. While it may be a boon for some, it can also turn out to be a bane for many. Drawing conclusions at this stage are not possible. It is an individual choice where you are solely responsible for both the good and the bad that comes with it.
Never remove shock absorber and temperature maintainer pubic etc hair.
- Just answer whatever the flimsy reasons will you ever remove the shock absorbers of your car or two wheelers? am I a nut to do this? no nay never, who but a fool will do that.
- But you are a real nut doing copy paste
- Of the western culture which is a waste, and long term it's poor taste, all goes down which is done in haste.
- So be scientific and logical as I am explaining by example. If one or two lymph nodes or police or judges get corrupt or infected, will you remove all lymph nodes or police or judges and forever?
- Then one more example. The architect or god whoever he is, are you more intelligent than him to decide what shouldn't be there in the building or the body. If you are more intelligent than god or doctors you can freely shave off almost everything anytime in the body on your own too.
- Hair in the axillary or groin area are shock absorbers during walking or friction and are very protective for insect etc infestation or infection or injury.
- By the way no objection to keeping the area clean by salt or soap water, which is easier and better. And shaving makes the skin prone to getting rougher, darker, and vulnerable to infection or injury. Still after all whatever you do it's your choice and by the way, your wrong habits benefits the doctor most.
- Never remove shock absorber and temperature maintainer pubic etc.
There are large amounts of antioxidants in fruits, vegetables, nuts, and whole grains and smaller amounts of antioxidants in meats, poultry and fish. Junk foods, such as highly processed fast foods tend to be much lower in antioxidants.
Many of my Diabetic people (I won’t call them patient as Diabetes is Lifestyle Disorder ) keep asking me about Bhindi / Ladyfinger and its benefit for Diabetes. So I thought of compiling up this scientific information for all My Sweet people. I hope you all find it useful.
Okra (Ladyfinger) is fast gaining a reputation as a so-called 'superfood' for people with or at risk of Diabetes or Cancer.
WHAT IS OKRA?
They are vegetables commonly used for making soups, stews or as a fried/boiled vegetable.
These tender pods are VERY LOW IN CALORIES, providing just 30 calories per 100 gms, and contain NO SATURATED FATS OR CHOLESTEROL. They are also rich in nutrients, completely Non-Toxic, and have No Adverse side effects.
HOW CAN IT HELP TREAT DIABETES?
Okra having Anti-Diabetic properties has increased in recent years, with multiple studies confirming Okra as a potent blood glucose-lowering (or Anti-Diabetic) food.
When dried and ground okra peels and seeds are consumed they reduced blood glucose levels.
Many people with Diabetes have reported decreasing blood sugar levels after soaking cut-up okra pieces in water overnight and then drinking the juice in the morning, while in Turkey roasted okra seeds have been used as a traditional diabetes medicine for generations.
WHAT'S SCIENCE BEHIND THIS EFFECT?
The SUPERIOR INSOLUBLE FIBREcontained in okra is believed to help stabilize Blood Glucose by SLOWING SPEED OF SUGAR ABSORPTION FROM THE INTESTINAL TRACT.
OTHER HEALTH BENEFITS
1.Rich in vitamins and minerals.
2.Rich in Antioxidants
3.Preventing and improving constipation
5.Reducing the risk of some forms of Cancer, especially Colorectal Cancer
6.Improving energy levels
7.Improving symptoms of Depression
8.Helping to treat sore throat , ulcers and lung inflammation
TALK TO YOUR DIABETOLOGIST
If you are diagnosed with Diabetes and on medication, check with your Diabetologist doctor that any natural remedies you plan on using are safe alongside prescription medicines (Insulin, Oral Hypoglycemic Medicine etc) before making any changes to your diet and/or treatment.
Thank you for Reading it. I hope it has helped you.