Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin SharmaYour feedback matters!
My mother is suffering with breast cancer she completed all chemo therapies but she often getting body pains please prescribe the medicine.
My friend is an occasional smoker and drinker actually three years before he was addicted to it but right he has reduced it much. Yesterday he went to hospital with his friend who was afraid of having lung cancer and finally doctor told that his friend is having cancer symptoms. Right now my friend is afraid Abt he getting affected. He doesn't have any symptoms but I want to prevent it rather than curing it. If there are any home remedies available to get rid of this before getting ill due to disease. Please suggest me those remedies.
My grandfather is suffering from cancer in gall bladder from last 8 months. The treatment is undergoing in Command hospital (Military). He is medicated with chemo (3 times done. Vomiting & pain is regular. There is no relief by this treatment.
I am 19 years old female. I have some doubt about cancer symptoms that I face. First is that my breasts are different size. Right is larger than left. Some times the nipple retracted. And many hairs are surround the nipple. If it seen in women? and I feel some block in throat. After eating food I feel very disturbance. I test the thyroid test. It is normal. I am disturbed by these problems. If tese are the symptoms of cancer?
He is suffering with bone cancer fourth stage. I want to know whether there is any treatment for curing this case.
Ovarian cancer takes place when the cells in either of your ovaries have an abnormal growth. The ovaries are two small organs, situated on either side of your uterus. They deliver female sex hormones and store and discharge eggs (ova) that help a woman reproduce. Ovarian cancer is a serious disease that emerges from various sorts of cells and growths inside the ovary.
Specialists do not know precisely what causes ovarian cancer. Hereditary qualities, for example and other DNA changes, are a danger element for few ladies. Around 10 out of 100 ovarian cancers are thought to be brought about by quality transformations in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes. Women who go through changes due to these carrier genes are more at risk of contracting ovarian cancer.
The earliest symptoms of ovarian cancer are as follows
- Frequent bloating in the uterus or stomach area.
- Pain in your pelvis or belly.
- Inconvenience while eating, or feeling full quickly.
- Urinary issues, for example, a critical need to urinate or urinating more frequently than expected.
Treatment options for ovarian cancer
The decision of treatment and the long-term result for ladies who have ovarian cancer relies upon the sort and phase of cancer they are in. Your age, general wellbeing, personal satisfaction, and wish to get pregnant should be considered. The primary treatment methods for ovarian cancer are:
- Surgery to see whether you have cancer or not and to treat it. This may include taking an ultrasound and biopsies to check for the spread of cancer.
- Chemotherapy, which uses medications to kill the cancerous cells. It is suggested after surgery for most phases of ovarian cancer.
- Women who are in a more progressive stage of ovarian cancer may have a portion of their chemotherapy before surgery and whatever is left of it after surgery. This can make the surgery more secure for these women.
- Radiation treatment might be utilized to pulverize the cancer cells with the help of high-measurement X-ray beams or other high-vitality beams.
Side Effects of Treatment Methods:
Most medications for ovarian cancer cause reactions. They may vary, depending upon the kind of treatment, your age and general well-being. Reactions of surgery rely on the degree of your surgery and spread of the disease. In case your specialist removes your ovaries, you lose the capacity to bear children or get pregnant. Furthermore, in case you were all the while bleeding before your surgery, you will begin with your menopause.
Symptoms of chemotherapy may incorporate loss of appetite and weight, queasiness, fatigue, vomiting, nausea and hair loss. There is also a possibility of getting a very serious infection. One should get regular or annual check-ups done to see if there are anomalies in either parts of the bodies since natural symptoms of cancer are only visible after a certain stage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
USG of abdomen says. Liver shows overall reduced size but otherwise appears normal. Portal cavernosa. Cholelithiasis. splenomegaly of 120 mm. Mildly enlarged prostate of 28 gm.
Hampered drive for physical intimacy may not be the case with everybody suffering from cancer. Since, each individual is different with varied sexual needs, it is rather impossible to predict how cancer would affect a person’s sex drive. But certain treatments of cancer might take a toll on your libido and subsequently, your sex life.
Cancer and certain treatments of cancer, can be the reason behind your low libido as they can cause:
1. Imbalance in the sex hormones
2. Scarring of the skin
3. Breathing problems
4. Diarrhea or bowel problems
6. Tension or anxiety
7. Depression or sadness
9. Fatigue (Tiredness)
10. Persistent sickness
With any of these side-effects, you may not have the urge of indulging in sexual intercourse because of the constant irritability and pain, essentially resulting from weakness. You might also think less of yourself, with no care for the way you dress up, make up or do your hair as you used to do before. With fatigue playing nemesis to your libido, you may feel entirely washed out, exhausted and spent after your intensive chemotherapy sessions.
How do you address this problem?
1. Speak out: Try unburdening yourself of the worries and anxiety in front of your partner or the doctor and make them understand how you truly feel about yourself. They may be able to guide you home.
2. Plan your rumble beforehand: You can plan your sexual activity by taking pain killers an hour prior to lovemaking.
3. Foreplay helps: Remember, sexual contact cannot spread cancer, ever. An intense session of foreplay has never disappointed anybody and it might work wonders if you have been going through all the rigor of cancer and its treatment lately. It would make you feel genuinely cared for; this might just egg you on to come out of that shell of depression and anxiety and enjoy sex like the way you used to.
I was not aware about the cervical cancer prevention test while I was younger. Recently my Aunty got detected with cervical cancer and I am worried about its prevention. Is there a possibility that I can prevent it by vaccine or any other way? Also, can it be hereditary? P. S- I am married.
I am 33 years old I have lipomas multiple in my body does they do any harm to me what can I do I asked about it to my doctor but he said if I want to remove he will do surgery but I want to know whether they cause cancer in future.
Stay away from direct sunlight. Exposure to too much sunlight can be harmful to the skin. You probably already know that it can cause skin cancer, but did you know that it can exacerbate acne.