Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin K GandhiYour feedback matters!
Mere chahre per mote mote pimples ho rhe hai please upay btayein chehra saawla be hai or kuch aesa upay btaye ki nishaan or pimples ke sath sath rang bhi gora ho jaye.
I am 19 years old I want to grow tall what should I do? And my skin is not clear it as got pores how can I cure it?
Respected doctors, Please suggest one best facewash for men. For glowing and fair skin. And yes. My skin is oily.
Sir I had an problem under eye dark circle. I have used every type of home made remedies, but the problem is same as it is. I just completely fade up of these dark circles. Please help me sir.
Erythrasma is caused by a virus called bacterium Corynebacterium minutissimum. This type of infection is mostly found in the moist folds of the body such as the groin, knees, and armpits. They are visible in the form of reddish patches and are itchy in nature. Although Erythrasma doesn’t lead to anything serious, they have a tendency to spread, if not treated in early stages.
Causes of Erythrasma
Erythrasma often occurs to people who live in shabby conditions and do not maintain good hygiene. People living in the tropical region have a tendency to get this infection too. Some medical conditions that lead to this disease are diabetes, obesity, etc. Even low immunity and hyperhidrosis is known to cause this sort of infection.
Common symptoms of Erythrasma
Erythrasma shows unmistakable symptoms. It looks like a patch of pink to red skin with a well-defined border. With passing time, the coloration turns from reddish to brownish in color. The skin outside the patch or border is normal. This being said, if proper medication is not taken on time, this might spread and affect the healthy skin. Some other symptoms include:
- Mild to heavy itching in the affected area.
- Scaly patches in the affected area.
- The patches often look like typical ringworm infections
- A burning sensation in the affected area (especially, if the affected area is groin)
Diagnosis of Erythrasma
While this infection is one of the easiest to identify by any dermatologist, a doctor might prescribe the scraping culture test to be absolutely sure of the diagnosis. A wood’s lamp test can also be performed in order to diagnose the infection. This is a test in which a doctor passes the UV rays of the lamp on the infected area only to find a coral red coloration.
Treatment for Erythrasma
Doctors mostly suggest the intake of antibiotics such as erythromycin to kill the bacterial infection. Ointments containing imidazole and fusidic acid are also prescribed for controlling the infection. Drugs of antibacterial origin such as Clarithromycin and Erythromycin are prescribed depending on the severity of the infection and patient’s general health. A patient with a surgical wound and low immunity might develop some minor complications. It is strongly suggested to refrain from over the counter medicines for patients with this medical complication.
How to prevent Erythrasma?
Some common tips to stay away from bacterial infections such as these include the following:
- To ensure the folds of your skin is moist free
- Wearing cotton clothes in summer and avoiding tight fitting clothes
- Keeping basic hygiene intact such as wearing clean clothes, taking bath twice a day etc
- Sticking to a healthy diet and following a workout plan
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, as it is commonly known is a digestive disorder that is caused primarily due to intestinal distress. GERD is caused in the muscle that lies between the oesophagus and the stomach, when the acid is produced in the stomach, it starts to flow backwards. For patients suffering from GERD, the acids flow back into the oesophagus instead of the stomach, causing symptoms like severe heartburn, chest pain and nausea, amongst others. So what does one do to deal with GERD? Here's a brief list!
- Obesity: Being overweight and obese are two of the most important factors that contribute to discomfort in GERD patients. Working towards a healthier weight is a sure shot way of dealing with this ailment.
- Alcohol and Smoking: The muscle ring that can be found between the stomach and the oesophagus relaxes with the intake of alcohol or with smoking, which prevents it from closing to stop the stomach's juices from reaching the oesophagus. So, giving up both substances would be a good idea if you are a GERD patient.
- Go Gluten Free: Adopting a gluten free diet can help you cut out ingredients including grains and dairy products that contain more protein than what your digestive tracts can handle.
- Other Dietary Measures: In order to handle GERD effectively, you will need to remove or reduce chocolate, fatty food, spicy food, and even oily and fried food from your diet. You may need the help of food with extra fibre, like fruit so that it can pass through the digestive tract faster.
- Smaller and Well Timed Meals: Eating meals regularly and dividing them into smaller meals that can be digested quickly and more efficiently is one of the best ways of dealing with GERD to prevent the onset of backward flowing of stomach acids.
- Exercise: Ensuring that you do not take a nap or lie down right after a meal and putting in a small amount of exercise everyday will also help in doing away with the uncomfortable and painful symptoms of this disease.
Making lifestyle changes is one of the best ways to deal with GERD. Yet, it would be best to see a doctor regarding severe cases where the symptoms do not abate and medication may be required.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Ive got chicken pox few weeks back. Now ive recovered from it now completely but the marks of it are still there on my face. Pls tell me any remedy for this skin problem.
My age is 21 nd I'm having my neck portion dark due toh heat of sun so plzz tell me some home made tips to make it fair plz.
neglecting to wash and scrub the neck area is one reason people get black neck, there are other things that will cause this conditions that is scientifically known as acanthosis nigricans.
Causes of Dark Skin on Neck :
black neck can be caused by poor hygiene, but there are also many other reasons black neck occurs. Too much sun exposure is one reason, but in most cases it is a result of diabetes or obesity. Black neck can also be inherited. Whatever the case may be, black neck is still unsightly and if you’ve got it, you’re probably going to want to treat it as soon as possible. Aging and sun exposure are the main causes of dark discoloration on the neck. Other causes are diabetes, genetics, polycystic ovary syndrome, poor hygiene, and sudden weight loss or weight gain.
Home Remedies :
1. Honey and Tomato : Honey is used in countless home remedies to treat conditions of the skin and is an excellent moisturizer. It is also priceless in helping to lighten the skin. Mixing honey with tomato, another skin lightening agent, will give you the extra healing power you need to remove dark patches on the neck quickly and easily. Honey and tomato juice should be mixed well together and applied to the black areas for twenty minutes. Repeating this home remedy every day will help to get rid of black neck in a hurry.
2 . Almonds : Almonds will make your skin positively glow. It helps to greatly nourish the skin and will also give your skin the added moisture it needs. While eating almonds is obviously very beneficial, making a paste of almond powder, milk powder, and honey will do wonders to help get rid of black neck. This needs to be left on the affected areas for thirty minutes and then rinsed clean.
3 . Olive Oil : Olive oil is used for skin by thousands of people around the globe. Those that care about natural beauty swear by the power of olive oil to nourish skin and keep it looking its best. Olive oil and lemon juice should be mixed together to treat black neck. Applied to the dark spots for twenty minutes and rinsed thoroughly, this mixture will help considerably to fade black neck for good.
4. Aloe Vera : Extract aloe vera gel from the leaf. Apply it directly on the neck and gently massage it. Leave it on for about 20 minutes. Wash it off with water. Repeat this once daily for fast results.