Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nitin Bhave
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin BhaveYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years old female and I am having a multiply lump in my breast from so long actually it was small but time passes by its becomes bigger and little hard and its little paining. Please advice
64 years old lady. Suffering from cancer. My question is during chemo treatment can I prefer real juice product available in d market or use only natural home juice?
Cancer in the female reproductive organs has been on the rise in the past few years and is a major health concern. While conventional medicine has been able to improve certain aspects of the lives of patients afflicted by this, Ayurveda also has some great remedies for cervical cancer. Let's have a look at some of the remedies in Ayurveda.
- Ashwagandha or Withania Somnifera: Ashwagandha is an all rounder herb, which has long been a favorite of Ayurvedic practitioners. It is a great antioxidant as it has very strong anti-inflammatory properties which help fight the growth of cancer cells and thus can be very helpful in arresting or preventing cervical cancer.
- Lodhra or Symplocus Racemosa: This is a herb, which is used as an extract in powders or even found in the form of capsules. It is commonly used to treat vaginal discharges and menstrual problems and has been known to be very effective. It is also very useful for all cancers of the female reproductive organs including the cervix.
- Shatavari or Asparagus Racemosus: As a herb, Shatavari is very good in increasing libido in women and also increasing energy for daily activities. Ayurvedic practitioners have used this herb to treat many female sexual disorders since ages. It is also very effective in preventing cervical cancer and limiting the growth of cancer cells within the female reproductive organs.
- Ashoka bark of Saraka Indica: This is another ingredient, which is used frequently in the female health products. Ashoka bark is of special interest in case of female reproductive health as it has been known to reduce pain and symptoms caused by tumors in various organs. This natural remedy is also very effective in lessening painful PMS symptoms and correct menstrual problems. Thus, it can also reduce the chances of cervical cancer and also keep it under check.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Used in many health tonics because of its rejuvenating properties, this herb can be very helpful in the treatment of cervical cancer as it provides the body with many essential minerals which cannot be administered by other medications or food.
The prostate is a small gland positioned around the urethra and is responsible for creating the fluid to be ejaculated that contains semen. Commonly described as the shape and size of a walnut, the prostate has many important functions within the male reproductive system. Reports of cancer of this organ have become very frequent. Ayurveda has very effective treatments that not only stop the spread of the cancer, but can actually cause partial or full remission.
Some Ayurvedic treatments for Prostate cancer:
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: When mixed with honey and ghee, this medication is known to be very effective in treating anemia. However, it is also very effective in fighting tumors and cancer cells and thus is both a supplement to the body as well as fighter of illnesses.
- Amalaki or Emblica Officinalis: One of the most used and go to remedies within Ayurveda is amalaki which is frequently used to cure digestive problems. It is also an antioxidant and quickly drains out free radicals from within the body. This helps in cancer treatment, immunity boosting and improving metabolism.
- Vibhitaki or Terminalia Belerica: This is an excellent medication, which is very beneficial in purifying blood and removing toxins from the body. It is very good in increasing red blood cell count, which is very important when the body is fighting any form of cancer. Thus it is effective in the case of prostate cancer as well.
- Guduchi or Giloy: This medication is very good to fight calcium deficiency and is very effective at fighting infections as well. This is necessary to ensure that the body is protected while it is fighting the cancerous cells.
- Curcumin or Curcuma Longa: This is one of the wonder drugs being touted around as the next big thing in fighting cancer. Curcumin is the primary chemical in turmeric and is known to be very effective in the prevention of growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Punarnava or Boerhavia Diffusa: This is a great medication, which helps improve blood flow to and from the kidneys and also helps in increasing the count of red blood cells. All these properties make this particular species of flowering plant an absolute master when it comes to preventing prostate cancer.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
In simple words, lymphoma is cancer of the lymphatic system. It begins in the infection-fighting cells of the body called the lymphocytes. Lymphocytes can be found in lymph nodes, spleen, thymus gland in the neck, bone marrow and other parts of our bodies.
Lymphoma means that the lymphocytes change and divide recklessly. There are two main types of lymphoma-
- Non-Hodgkin: The most common type of lymphoma.
Non-Hodgkin and Hodgkin lymphoma each affect a different kind of lymphocyte or white blood cell.
There is a different treatment modality for both these different types of lymphomas as the affected cells are different and so is their rate of growth. Even though lymphatic cancer is very common, it’s easily treatable. Timely diagnosis and proper treatment off course are very important. Its causes can be diverse like genetics, a weak immune system, diseases like celiac, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, infections with certain viruses, age over 60 and gender- men are more prone to getting lymphomas.
Symptoms and warning signs
- Swollen glands in the neck, armpit, or groin
- Persistent cough
- Night sweats
- Weight loss
- Shortness of breath
- Stomach pain
The treatment depends on the kind of lymphoma one has and how far the cancer has spread. The treatments for non-Hodgkin lymphoma are-
- Chemotherapy which uses certain drugs to destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy uses high-energy rays to kill cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy uses the body's own immune system to kill cancer cells.
The common treatments for Hodgkin lymphoma are:
- Radiation therapy
Traditional medicine systems like Acupressure and Ayurveda are used as complementary systems to bring relief from the cancer.
- Cupressure is used to drain the lymph nodes affected with lymphoma.
- Triphala, a common Ayurvedic remedy is being investigated to understand its killing effects on lymphoma cells in the body. It has also been seen to ‘regress’ tumours in animal studies. Hence, Triphala is a potent anti-cancer Ayurvedic drug.
Ayurvedic herbal drugs are used to treat the lymphatic system of the patient, so that it produces normal cells. Ayurvedic Panch tikta grut can pacify the lymphatic system whereas other herbs enhance the immune system and reduce inflammation.
- Green tea has also been shown to have phytonutrients called catechins, which have anticancer properties.
- Curcumin extracted from turmeric is also able to kill human lymphoma cells. It also makes chemotherapy and radiotherapy work better against the cancer while protecting normal cells.
- Mistletoe extract is also a powerful immune-modulator.
- Carrots and broccoli also show a number of benefits when included in the diet of someone suffering from cancer.
- Foods rich in beta carotene which means vegetables and fruits of different colours have high antioxidant content which supports healing.
- Chyawan prash is very useful during chemotherapy. One must avoid Sugar.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My age is 24. I am female. My number of spectacles is -5.50. My mensuration cycle is of 40-42 days. My teeth are also not grown properly. Upper right incisor teeth is still milk teeth. My breast are also not properly grown according to my age. Is there any deficiency in my body? Please help.
We live in an age where every single individual, more or less, is exposed to the risk of cancer. It is probably an unfavorable lifestyle we lead that deprives us of good health. This might alarm many but considerable changes in lifestyle can help you realize cancer as a preventable disease. Cancer does not only make you undergo severe suffering but it also affects your friends and family. The pallor of misery spreads wider than you think.
- Abstain from tobacco: Consuming raw tobacco or smoking tobacco can be equally detrimental to your health. Tobacco increases your chances of contracting the disease. As is known, passive smoking can also affect your health adversely. Tobacco can be the potential cause behind cancer of the mouth, throat, larynx, lungs, oral cavity and even the pancreas. It might harm your kidneys and cervix. It is upon you to quit tobacco at the earliest possible. One should also try and persuade friends and relatives to give up smoking.
- Drink alcohol in moderation: Complete abstinence from alcohol might not be possible if you have already been ushered into your work- life. The society might require you to be an occasional drinker. It is important to drink in moderation. Crossing the limit can propel consequences as serious as cancer of the stomach, pancreas, liver and the heart.
- A balanced and nutritious diet: Deciding on a plant- based diet or a Mediterranean diet can aid your fight against the risk of cancer. A Mediterranean diet will involve green leafy vegetables, lots of fresh fruits, whole grains, mixed nuts, legumes and also the use of extra- virgin olive oil. Fish can be a safe bet but red meat should be avoided. One must also try to avoid processed meat as they tend to make you prone to the risk of cancer.
- Immunization: Hepatitis B and HPV or Human papilloma virus vaccines are extremely necessary to protect you against the sexually transmitted types of cancer.
- Sun protection: Caring for your skin doesn't arise from vanity. Skin cancer is one of the most prevalent kinds of cancer; the chances of this disease can be restricted by remaining in shade especially during midday, by wearing covered clothes and by using a good sunscreen lotion repeatedly while outside.
- Exercise diligently: Did you think it was okay to have weaker muscles and bulging layers of fat? If yes, you probably have grown numb to the inadequacies you face in result. Unchecked fat can lead to obesity which further complicates health conditions. Metabolic activity differs from person to person. Regular exercising can help regulate metabolism according to the needs of your body. Physical exercise protects you against the risk of breast and colon cancer. Moderate or vigorous physical activity for 150 to 75 minutes a week respectively can reduce the risk of cancer.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!