Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. NitaYour feedback matters!
I am working 15 hours in front of computer and also with mobile, living in air conditioned room almost for 24 hours. I feel dryness in my eye, Please advise home remedy for this.
Namaste Happy Holi. I have been using this eyedrops ( I-Kul Plus) for 2-3 times daily from last 3-4 years and continue to do so. Is it ok ? My eyes turn red when I smoke, so I have to use it. :) Thank you for help.
I' m 29 yrs old, female, my eyesight is weak and I put on spectacles of-2. 5 cyl, axis110 for right eye and 90 for left eye, sph +. 50, is it possible for me to opt for a lasik eye treatment and get rid of my spectacles for ever. And if yes, is it 100%safe?
Is laser eye surgery is painful treatment procedure? After surgery in future does it create any side effects on my eyes?
I have -0.75 in right eye and -0.50 in the left. I use power glasses. May I know some of eye exercises to rectify my eye error? Can you suggest me something to get rid of eyeglasses?
Eye twitching, tics in the eyelids and spasms in the eye are pretty common. In case of eye twitching, usually the lower eyelid becomes involved. The upper eyelid may also twitch in certain cases. Twitches are not permanent in nature, and they leave after some time. In some cases, eye twitching may last for long durations of time such as weeks or months.
Eye twitching is not a critical medical condition. It is a temporary prickling and irritation in the eyes, which ceases after some time. Common twitching of the eyes is not related to any neurological disorder.
Here are some reasons which cause eye twitches:
- Stress: Every individual goes through some amount of stress, and the body reacts differently in different people as a result of stress. An eye twitch may be caused due to stress, especially related to strain in the eyes. In order to reduce stress you should practice yoga, meditation, perform breathing exercises and take a break. Reducing the stress would also cease the twitching in the eyes.
- Tiredness: Eye twitching can appear when you are fatigued or very tired. Lack of proper sleep makes your body tired, and this might trigger eye twitching.
- You should improve upon your sleeping hours and sleep more.
- Eye strain: Vision problems and any issue related to the eyes can cause stress, which may result in constant twitching in your eyes. Whenever too much stress is imposed upon your eyes, they tend to react and twitching occurs. Any problem would make the eyes put in more effort, which results in strain. You should have an eye check up if you experience an eye strain accompanied by twitching sensation in your eyes. People who use computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones for a profuse period of time experience pain and twitching in the eyes. There is a 20-20-20 rule to be followed while using such devices, which reduces eye strain and reduces itching or twitching. You can also avail special eyeglasses for people who spend a lot of time on computers.
- Caffeine: Intake of an excess amount of caffeine leads to eye twitching. Cut down your doses of coffee, tea, dark chocolates and soft drinks in case of eye twitching and you may observe an easing in the twitching.
- Alcohol: Alcohol also leads to eye twitching so you must abstain from alcohol in case you are having twitching in the eyes.
- Dry eyes: This disorder develops in people who have crossed the age of 50. People who use computers a lot also develop dry eyes, which leads to eye twitching.
Our eyes twitch because of a lot of reasons. You should know the facts right and avoid situations that lead to eye twitching. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Dear Doctor, I'm using spectacles from past 14 months. Before that I never realize that I have a problem with my eyes. Only one day suddenly I was not able to read presentation so after checkup doctor advised to wear speck. Now a days if I remove I find blur everything. I'm so worried. Also I want to change to contact lance but I feel it's unhygienic. Kindly advice which one is better. Glasses or contact lance. Also what can I do for better vision. I have a habit using mobile till midnight.
I have eyes allergy in summers from sun and dust but my eye sight is perfect I use computer for tow three hours daily please help me this problem is very irritating me.
I uses spectacles for clear vision, my right eye need -4. 50 & left eye need -6. 00 power glasses. My vision is 6/6. I just wanted to know the alternatives to remove my spectacles like lasic lazer, contact lenses etc. I have heard about the lenses inserted between the cornea & eye, is is technique came to india or not and this technique is safer from lasic lazer or not.
Sir, In 1 yr. (2 times) I have feel white spot in vision by my eyes. When I read about this on internet I found that it is a disease called eye floater and flashes. Could you tell me How can I cure this at home before it go long. And please Tell me is it Normal or not. And If not Than how can I cure it at home only. I am really afraid.
I am 63 year old. I developed a boil on the lower eye brow of right eye towards the temple. There is swelling and pain. What shall I do?
I am 25years old, I have teeth pain from last 2 months, n also I have eye problem, what should I do sir.
I am not able to sleep before 3 am. I tried my best but I couldn't. Several times in a day water is coming out of my eye? Suggest me for the treatment.
My eye sight is stable for last 5 years. But I want to improve it. How can I? My eye sight is. Left eye -1.5. And right eye -1.
My eyesight is - 5.5 and it still is increasing I don't know what to do I have shown in many hospitals like cmc but nothing works.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.