Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. NitaYour feedback matters!
I am a school teacher. From past one year my weight is decreasing continuously. I have lost almost nine kilograms of weight. Please suggest me something to stop it.
Sir I have very week eyes my eyes power are -8.5 diopter is there are any kind of eyes surgery Available so I can reduce my eye power and turn my weak vision to normal? If yes then how much it cost?
There is no effect of lense on my right eye nd iam unable to see clearly that is low vision or something else
I am 65 years old, My health problem is, I am suffering from severe cold followed by tears from eyes, running nose, sneezing, cough since several years. I eat non veg. I like sweats, fruits particularly bananas. Please suggest me permanent solution for my problem, Thank you.
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes.
I am 28 years male married for an year. Me and my wife were unsuccessful for the past five months for pregnancy. My wife did a blood check up and she has low AMH levels. I did semen analysis and have Nil sperms in my semen. Following are the details of semen analysis. Semen volume was 10.5 ml, fructose was present, pH was 8, liquefaction was 15 mins and comment for rapid forward progression was'occasionally motile spermatozoa seen I have normal ejaculations and never had problems in intercourse or sex. I am very worried to see this report. Need help in what to do next!
I have glasses of 3 number. But from 3-4 days my eyes get tired after reading an hour. Is it due to increase in heat or what? What should I do to keep my eyes healthy?
I want to get a laser operation of my eyes to remove the spects. I am 26 year old . I want to know about if their are any disadvantages of this operation or any side effects later on.
I hav to go for a laser treatment as I am having power in my eyes so what I have to do so that I have to get the treatment.
While spectacles are a fashion statement for some people, for others they are an uncomfortable necessity. Though contact lenses may be a little more aesthetically pleasing they too can be quite uncomfortable and cannot be worn throughout the day. Thankfully, there is a third way to correct vision. Laser surgery or LASIK, it is a popular refractive procedure that can correct common vision problems, such as nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. This procedure aims at reshaping the cornea so that light entering the eyes can be focused onto the retina for the person to have a clearer vision.
Laser surgery is pain-free and quick in most cases. Usually, it does not take more than 15 minutes to correct vision in both eyes. The results of this surgery can be seen in as little as 24 hours.
The first step of laser surgery to correct vision is to create a thin, circular flap in the cornea. This is then folded back to access the stroma or underlying cornea. An excimer laser is then used to remove some of the corneal tissue. For people suffering from nearsightedness, the cornea is flattened while for people suffering from farsightedness, the cornea is made steeper. In cases of astigmatism, an irregular cornea is smoothened. Once the correct gradient has been achieved the corneal flap is put back into place and the cornea is allowed to heal naturally. There are no stitches or bandages required in a laser eye surgery. You may feel a temporary burning or itching sensation in your eyes immediately after the procedure. It is important not to rub your eyes or place any pressure on them. Your vision may also be cloudy or blurred for the first few hours. A doctor will usually advise you to rest for a few days after the surgery so that your cornea can heal properly. In a few days, your eyesight should stabilize, though, in a few rare cases, it may take a little longer. You should also avoid any form of strenuous exercising for a few days after the surgery.
Though LASIK surgery has a very high success rate, there are very rare occasions where spectacles may still be needed even after the surgery. Thus LASIK is a choice of treatment for many who seek freedom from glasses. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
The problem of baggy eyes are characterized by puffiness or swelling under your eyelids. Common factors like aging and genetics are often responsible for the development of under eye bags. It makes your eyes appear swollen due to fluid buildup in the blood vessels that are present around your eyes. Since the skin around your eyes is extremely delicate, which makes it prone to the development of puffiness.
The following are 4 ways that can restore the life of your eyes:
- To reduce the fluid retention: Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water on a regular basis, as water aids in flushing out the excessive salt from your system that is responsible for the development of puffy eyes. In order to reduce the risk of fluid retention, keep your head elevated while you sleep with the help of pillows.
- To treat dark circle and baggy eyes: One of the simplest homemade remedies to lessen the appearance of dark circles and baggy eyes is through the utilization of fresh cucumber or potato slices. Place the slices of either potato or cucumber on your eyes and keep it on for 5 to 10 minutes; follow the regime on a regular basis. It is proven to provide satisfactory results in lessening the severity of puffiness and dark circles.
- To reduce the swelling: Place frozen tea bags on your closed eyes for 10-15 minutes. It will reduce the persistent swelling in the eye region. Ice compresses or chamomile tea, sage broth and green tea can also be utilized to treat the swelling effectively.
- Long term prevention: A balanced diet and proper rest can help to prevent the appearance of baggy eyes and dark circles in the long run. Incorporate a lot of fresh green and leafy vegetables and seasonal fruits in your diet. Follow a diet that is low in carbohydrate content and comprises of nuts and whole grains, which are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin E. Avoid excessive intake of sodium, especially the ones that contain different types of added preservatives. Carbonated and caffeinated drinks tend to increase the risk of developing baggy eyes therefore; it is advisable to keep its consumption to minimum. Get at least 8 hours of sound sleep to ensure proper rest for your eyes as lack of adequate rest tends to aggravate the problem of baggy eyes.