Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nita GokuleYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years. I have hypothyroid from 4 years. Last month it was 27. I have pimples on chin repeatedly coming one by one. Some also on nose and chick. please suggest Neck also has black strips on both side.
I am losing my hair quickly and tried many shampoo but no one work for me what should I do to get my hair again and again.
Hi I have acne-pimples from 2010, in between I had done a full treatment on for about seven months, after the completion of course in june 2013. Again after three-four pimples got started, in mean time the doctor which I consulted before, had given me harsh medicines to take orally, after that I had very rough and total dry skin all over my body, after so much time recently two mintgs back I had done" chemical peeling" but few days back I got big acne on my nose, I feel very disheartened. Please do recommend me some nice prescriptions, or remedy to solve this problem
I have pilonidal cyst since 4 days I have seen to doctor they gave me option surgery or medicine I take medicine after 1 day taking medicine I am facing pus and blood come out from that cyst so I am thinking that is it curing or should I consult doctor again about this situation?
I am 35 year old and my immune system is very weak. I usually suffer cough & cold after just change environment like when I go from ac room to open and when whether change. Another thing I am suffering skin allergy after taking allopathy medicines.
Hello sir, I am just 25 years and my hair was almost gone and those are almost white which remains yet please suggest something.
I have bumpy acne scars on my nose and inward acne scars on my cheeks. I seriously want to get rid of all of these scars. The scars on my cheeks and and nose are not all that seriously scary but doesn't look good at alll. I don't want to try any medicines or apply any. Is there any kind of treatment for this problem. And how much time will it take to get rid of these by treatment. Please help me!
I have boils in armpit. Its comes again and again for both left and right hands. Please give me the solution to permanently cure my problem. Why boils comes?
Hi Apply cider vinegar is really used as toner for skin because Is really the works and good for skin want to know.
I am loosing hairs from front head and corners. Volume is also reducing. Taking hair bless tables from last five days. My job is sitting job as I am banker. What should I do to regain my hairs.
What is the remedy for bulging caused immediately after mosquito bites. It leaves black scar. please tell.?
Dear Doctor, i've facing problems with dark circles and puffiness .i could not find cause why its happening. I'm getting 8-9 hours sleep. I have work with laptop.
Your skin is one of the most important organs of your body both healthwise and cosmetically. Dry skin is a common skin ailment that causes dry, itchy patches and leads to skin flaking off. This is characterised by the lack of water in the epidermis and can affect men and women equally. There is no single cause for dry skin. The top five causes of dry skin are:
- Harsh soaps: Soap is a must to keep your skin clean, but the right soap can make a big difference in the quality of your skin. Many soaps tend to rid the skin of moisture and natural oils leaving the skin dry and flaky. This also applies to many shampoos. Ideally, pick a fragrance free soap and shampoo that moisturises your skin and avoid products that are alcohol based. Also, do not use excessive soap while bathing and ensure that the soap is properly removed.
- Change in weather: Winter is the season for dry skin. Along with the temperature, humidity levels also drop in this season. This dehydrates the skin and leaves it dry. Increasing the temperature will not help in such cases as that will further dehydrate the skin. Instead, invest in a humidifier to increase the humidity levels indoors.
- Dehydration: Your skin needs water both internally and externally to stay hydrated. To have soft, supple skin, you should drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day. While this is easy in the summers when the heat makes you feel thirsty, it gets difficult in the monsoons and winters. Caffeinated drinks also soak up moisture and contribute to dehydration.
- Exposure to hot water and steam: Keeping the above points in mind it might seem that a long steamy shower is a solution to dry skin but in reality, this can worsen the condition. While steam and hot water provide temporary relief, they make it easier for the natural oils in our skin to dry out. Hence, it is best to have a shower with lukewarm water and keep it as short as possible.
- Internal conditions: Internal factors such as genetics, medical conditions like thyroid and atopic dermatitis can also make your skin dry. Dry skin can also develop as a side effect to medication for high blood pressure, cholesterol, acne etc. Age also affects the quality of your skin. As you get older, your skin gets thinner and is more prone to drying up easily. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.