Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nisha ShahYour feedback matters!
Is it normal to have a brown discharge or bleeding between two periods after stopping oral contraceptives from last period cycle? For how many days it may lasts? If not normal then what may be the reasons ?
I have got burning sensation and itching in my vaginal area. I have menopause. Please suggest some options.
Sir/madam I am 38 years old. I didn't get married due to my family problems not by any health issues and no idea to get marriage, I am mentally fine my family takes a good care of me. Do I get any health issues in future sir/madam because I didn't get married! If any than what is the precautions.
My gf finished her periods and now we had have to elestra how to start it can I start it now because its 2nd day of finished periods ?
I had less period flow compare to my normal cycle. I had suction abortion 6 months ago. What should I do to get my normal flow?
The average length of any pregnancy is 40 weeks. Though delivering the baby 2 weeks prior or post this period is also considered to be normal and healthy.
Hi sir I am 24 years girl. I had sex with my husband before 15 days. After I had fungal infection in vagina. I was visited to gynecologist. Now I taking medicine. Buy now 3-4 day I am noticing that there is my vagina hole is going to small and something happened inside vagina. It might feel "shorter" like he won't be able to fit the full length in like he usually would. Like my cervix swells and pushes down. There is a like round ball type thing inside vagina. Kindly help me. I am scarred.
I am 31 yrs, 8 months pregnant. I hav a boil near my vagina lips. I find it difficult to sit down. Please guide me what are the remedies for it. Is it common during pregnancy? Will it go away on its own?
My wife is pregnant first time. We got married 7 month before. Its her 27 weak. Today her blood report show, PDW: 7.6 & MPV :6.8 and her HB: 9.8. So can you please explain reasons for PDW? Her hepatitis B test is negative.
No periods from last 5 months and my breasts were get slightly bigger, feeling sleepy, having back pain, stomach pain. Can you tell me what is the problem.
Hello sir, one month before my marriage takes place. We both trying for baby. We did safe sex after her periods on 13,14,15th day. Also we did regular sex after period was over on 5th day. But today 8th march her period is come. Why this problem happen? Why she is not getting pregnant? What to do me and she? Which diet should we take? What precaution should we take? please help me sir.
I am trying to conceive but m not able to conceive from last 6 month. I have a regular period but this month on 4 june I just got spotting. I want to know whether am pregnant or not. Is it possible to have spotting in early pregnancy?
What is the cause for the thyroid. I am taking thyrox 75 daily I really want a baby what should I do for it. Is any thing which I have to be avoided. Kya thyroid patients ko baby conceiving nhi hoti h. Agr ho v gya to baby ko koi problem to nhi hoti h na.
I have irregular periods that's why I am unable to conceive since 3 years. I am taking thyroid 75 mg med and now m thyroid is normal. Its being 2 months I didn't get my periods I had two meprate 10 mg everyday for 5 days still didn't get periods. Every time I take medicine then only I get my periods how can conceive like this. Please help.
Zinc is chemically a metal and a trace mineral with multiple health benefits. It is required by the body for a number of functions in small quantities on a regular basis. Some of its important roles include improving immunity, hormone production and promoting digestion, controlling inflammation, tissue growth and repair, etc. to name a few. It also helps in controlling free radical production and therefore has anti-inflammatory effects in reversing heart disease and fighting cancer.
About 5 to 8 mg of zinc is needed by a person per day, with smaller children needing it in the lesser range and women needing more of it. Natural sources of zinc include animal rich protein foods like animal meat and seafood. Dairy products, legumes, pulses and whole grains also contain good amounts of zinc. Modern day foods contain added zinc and therefore are good sources too, though they availability and utility value for the body remain a question.
- Zinc improves immunity i.e. the body produces what are called as T cells when there is any infection or foreign body in the body. These T cells also help in controlling and regulating immune responses and in people with zinc deficiency, the immune system is suppressed putting them at risk for infections and illnesses.
- Zinc has a great role to play in maintaining skin integrity and delayed wound healing is one of the first symptoms of zinc deficiency. These people also could develop chronic ulcers or wounds. There is increased bacterial growth (reduced immunity), increased inflammation, and reduced re-epithelialization, all leading to poor skin health and delaying wound healing.
- Zinc is essential for healthy gut function and it is one of the best remedies for diarrhoea. Deficiency can lead to leaky gut syndrome.
- Zinc reduces free radical damage, which is responsible for chronic inflammation. Eating adequate amounts of zinc can reduce this inflammation, leading to preventing heart disease, reducing the incidence of cancer, etc. It also is shown to prevent cellular damage in the retina, thereby reducing incidence of macular degeneration.
- Zinc is essential for proper growth and development. Zinc deficiency is shown to produce shorter stature, anaemia, and delayed sexual maturation. During the growing years especially, it is very important to provide an adequate amount of zinc for the body, either naturally or through supplements.
- Fertility and zinc also has a strong correlation. In males, it affects both the quantity and quality of sperm production. The sperm count was shown to improve with zinc supplementation in males who complained of low sperm count.
- Controlling memory is another function of zinc. It determines how neurones talk to each other, which is essential for transmission of signals across the brain and formation of memory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.