Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Nirmala SarpotdarYour feedback matters!
Sir This is my eyes problem I seen double vision every time and also tear fell every tome please solve my eyes problem.
Hello! I m 16 years. I have a problem that I m not able to see the far objects. Also I m not able to see the written board in the classroom. Dr. Has prescribed me spectacles. please tell me what should I do rather then using spectacles.
My both eye have -1.25 refractive error and I wana cur e it in feww days because my medical was in Feb last approximately 20 Feb so please suggest me any opinion.
Whenever I go for studying a book My eyes start paining I had a check up of my eyes but the result showed they are fine can you tell what may be the problem.
I have red eyes over 3 days including body pain and what should I do to avoid farts unnecessary because I have a healthy diet I don't understand why does it happens?
How to rid of myopia short sightedness? Wt do's and dosent's we should do not and what is the diet we should take to get rid of myopia?
I have eye stye from 1 months its not heal naturally. Its become lager in lower side of eyelid. What should I do it can see outside of eye.
Hello. My name is nikhil. I am 16 years old. And my problem is I use to have big and attractive eyes. But now they are becoming small. And they are going inside. Please tell me some solution.
I have gone through ICL treatment at AIIMS Delhi 3 weeks ago. Now, I am feeling Glare or Halos in front of my left Eye. Is this normal? What can be possible solution for this? I am taking P-Lone / Vigamox eye drops as advised by them. Also, I am feeling little uneasiness in both eyes and headache while working on files/computers (i.e my daily routine work) for short period of time i.e 15-20 min . Also let me know what should be normal ASSOCT Voult Value?
My eyes have been red since last week. I thought that there must be some germs in my eyes and I have been try to clean it and this couldn't be able to clean. Please help me to getting fixed.
My eyes is very darkness eyes is blinking but kyo meri aankhon se bahut jyada pani girta hai subah uthne ke baad.please help me
I had red eyes and watering eyes for last ten. Days I can't see my laptop screen gir the same time I not even concerns my own personal use.
I have 3.0 long eye sightedness. I want to remove my longsightedness and want to maintain 0 sight. How can I clear this problem.
Iam getting stomach ache since from two weeks and my eyes are becoming red and vomiting are becoming I can not bare the stomach ache what should I do.
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.