Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ninad Baste
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ninad BasteYour feedback matters!
Discussions and consideration of ailments begin and end with those which pertain to the physical health of an individual. Matters of the body are inevitably prioritized over the matters of the mind. However it goes without saying that your overall well-being is as much dependent on your mental health as it is on physical health. However, there are few simple measures which can be undertaken to beat the depression blues.
- Exercise: What works for the body may also work for the mind and exercise is a leading example of that. It is recommended that every day you set aside at least some time for exercising. It will not only benefit your physical constitution, but will also keep your thoughts away from the issues which are tormenting you in the first place.
- Converse: It is a given that depression alienates people, drowns them in solitude. However, seclusion is merely a temporary refuge, one that can hardly benefit you in the long run. Hard as it may be, try talking to people and engage in conversations with people. In the course of the conversation, try putting into words what exactly you are suffering from. Reaching out for an extended arm goes a long way in recuperating from this condition.
- Meditation: When you suffer from depression, you inevitably are, in the process, trying to grapple with plenty of tumultuous issues. It is imperative therefore that you find a way to calm your mind and there is no other way to do it than indulge in meditation.
- Find a confidante: When suffering from depression, it is crucial that you find yourself a confidante. It is important to talk to others but it is perhaps more important to find the right person. Irrespective of your relationship with him or her, by all means find a confidante in whom you can unflinchingly confide.
- Break monotony: Monotony not only triggers depression but in most cases, breeds it. It is important therefore than you break the monotony. If not a drastic change, go for small changes initially and try to change your daily routine as much as possible.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
There are a number of mental disorders and conditions that may affect the psyche of a person, due to various reasons including hormonal changes, environmental factors and even genetic conditions. Paranoid Personality Disorder is one such condition that gives rise to eccentric behavioral patterns. This may make the patient seem odd or even strange to others. Here are the signs, causes and various forms of treatment available for this condition.
Symptoms and Signs
Most of the patients suffering from this disorder are completely convinced that there is nothing wrong with their behavior and everyone around them are conniving against them with ulterior motives of bringing them down. This will make them highly suspicious individuals with intense trust issues. They also become angry and violent very soon and usually do not have a justified reason for such temper tantrums. These patients will also be detached and isolated socially, with hardly any friends and relationships. They will also have trouble seeing their own problems and flaws, which can keep them from having meaningful relationships.
The cause of this disorder is not known as yet. There is much ongoing research in this field. It is widely believed that this disorder is born due to a combination of biological factors and other environmental factors that may have conditioned the brain in a negative manner. Chemical and hormonal imbalances are known to be at the core of many such disorders. Also, it may be seen in people who come from a family of Schizophrenic patients. Trauma experienced during one's childhood can also lead to the onset of this disorder.
One of the most effective forms of treatment for this disorder includes therapy. Talk therapy or CBT which is also known as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is a form of discussion based therapy that can help the patient in talking about his or her feelings. These are then analysed in a clinical setting with the intervention of a trained psychiatrist or psychologist who will help the patient in pointing out abnormal behavior. This kind of therapy also helps in reaching the root cause of the issue that may have caused this condition in the first place. By doing so, there is a better chance of treating this cause and thus changing the attitude of the patient. This will help in steering the patient towards more normal behavior in the long run. This kind of therapy will have to take place over a long period of time before the results begin to show up in the day to day living and functioning of the patient. Anti-depressants and anti psychotics may also be prescribed.