Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Nilkanth PatilYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old. I was having severe back pain sometimes in the past. And since 2-3 months back it was gone after I had medication from a doctor. But now it seems like it had started again. What should I do? Which doctor or hospital would you refer?
Male 29 years 176 cm84 kg healthy4G1 suffer from joint pain in all major joints of body only on right side18 months Mainly right knee Very rarely and significantly less it also occurs in left knee MRI.
After prolonged sitting, I can not put full load on my left leg, as my hip joint does not allow and make some pain. It occurs only for 1-2 step, after that I have normal walking. Pain in hip joint in not permanent but it happens when in sit. Is it due to hip joint or my problem of cervical spine compression. History-I had cervical decompression, so operate for spine is done year ago (laminectomy).
40 years now from last 3 months have shoulder pain difficult to raise right hand and rotate. No diabetes.
I have chest pain since 2 years but does not have cardiac problems in x ray. Some one told that may be muscle pain. Please give a favorable reply.
I am suffering from back pain for last two week. It is big problem for me. Can you ask what should be I done?
I have a problem of joint pain.. Or headache in right side. My vision is normal but still I have headache n eye ache..
Hello Dr. I m chetan. I m 23 years old I m doing marketing job. My daily bike running is 60-70 km. So I tired about backbone pain. So please help me what to do?
Dear Sir/Mam My mother is feeling lot of pain in left side of knee of right leg, Actually she has been fallen from riksha before 2-3 months. She had taken allopathy medicine. And she feel relax till the effect of medicine. Pls advice Thanks and Regards Nitin Mehra.
I am writing this on behalf of my wife. She a pain in her left knee from past few 1 month we have been to near by clinics and by there suggestion we have taken a X Ray. Found no issues in the reports so they gave same pain killers and the pain was ok for few days and now she is suffering from the pain again.
I am suffering from L4,L5 & S6 nerve problem. I have lot of pain while sleeping & walking. My right leg frontal soul has a feeling bread . I am unable to put my leg firmly on the ground. Is there any solution for this? I am a diabetic 7 suffer from neuropaathy.
I have the problem in my all joint. Then I go to the hospital they are said me the problem is uric acid. What is uric acid?
I'm experiencing hip joint, knee joint n ankle joint pain on my right side too much and at times I experience the same on the left side too. I don't take any pain killers or I don't apply any pain relief gel, I'm 24 years old pls suggest me the right treatment.
Your knee is guarded and cushioned by a cartilage known as meniscus. A meniscus tear, therefore, is an extremely painful and discomforting situation. It occurs very frequently and has emerged as one of the most commonly occurring cartilage injuries. What makes a meniscus tear an extremely common phenomenon is the way it can tear that is all it takes is a twist of the knee for it to happen.
People involved in sports mostly face the brunt of this form of injury. The risk of getting meniscus torn increases with age and tends to occur at the slightest change of direction of movement.
Some of the symptoms of a torn meniscus are:
- Pain and inflammation: It goes without saying that an internal injury of the cartilage or tearing away of it would inevitably result in extreme pain and inflammation near the knee.
- Immobility: The extreme pain and inflammation, which follows will inevitably make it difficult to move. Since the pain occurs in the joint, you will have difficulty in walking and any forceful movement will only aggravate the pain.
- Locking of the knee: Locking of the knee refers to a situation when you are unable to move your knee. This occurs most commonly after you have your meniscus torn.
Notwithstanding its frequency of occurrence, there are several ways, by which you can treat a torn meniscus. Some of the ways are:
- Apply ice: In order to get some relief, applying ice is a suitable option. If you apply ice every day for some time, it wonders in reducing swelling and the consequent pain.
- Use a bandage: In order to control the swelling, it is important that you cover your knee with an elastic bandage.
- Change the posture: It is important that you keep the affected knee in an elevated plane, in order to ensure an efficient blood supply and a consequent relief from pain.
Some Medical Treatments
There are many things to consider when deciding how to treat your torn meniscus, including the extent and location of the tear, your pain level, your age and activity level, your doctor's preference, and when the injury occurred. Your medical treatment choices are:
- Nonsurgical treatment with compression, elevation, and physical therapy. This may include wearing a temporary shoulder brace.
- Surgical repair to sew the tear together.
- Partial meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the torn section.
- Total meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the entire meniscus. This is generally avoided, because this option increases the risk for osteoarthritis in the shoulder.
- Whenever possible, meniscus surgery is done using arthroscopy, rather than through a large cut in the shoulder.