Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nilesh Parasram
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Nilesh ParasramYour feedback matters!
My wife aged 42 years is suffering from numbness in arms, back pain and pain in shoulders. Is this due to Gastric problems or else what ? Pl clarify , to which specialist I have to consult for her problems of numbness, pain in shoulders and back pain. Thanks in anticipation of right solution. Regards
I have migraine I used many medicines but I did not get any solution for this problem can you please suggest me what kind of medicine is suitable for migraine any health care or any natural remedy for this solution what kind of medicine nlis suitable for migraine.
I got strain usually in my legs and numbness in my foot please suggest something as nerve over nerve problem are usual with me.
When I ask a question in class or answer I suddenly start to feel tremors in my legs and hand. I become block by mind for 10 to 30 sec or even. please suggest appropriate remedy and reasons.
Migraine Ka test Kaise kare mujhe pata nhi mujhe hai yah nhi but head ke peeche aise lagta hai koi head me mar raha hai aisr Lagta hai head ke andr se koi Dhaka de rha hai head dard nhi hota but aise feel hota.
I'm 29 years old since last 2 and half years was suffering from upper back right side pain numbness in in right hand pain is on and off kind of tender pain points develop in right side upper back in front and back in shoulder and in middle side ribs. Some days said it could be paralysis. I'm worried can it be paralysis? Stress and anger worse pain. tried many treatment but nothing work yet. Can anyone help in dis.
My Husband was operated for tumor in his brain (right) in dec 2013. After 2 months he regained some of his left leg movement and now walking slowly with cane. However, he could move slightly his left shoulder, close his fist. There are no movement in fingers or cannot open his fist. His Physiotherapy is still on going. Please , i would want to understand the situation.
Sleep is the most essential part of our lives because it is the time when our body gets rejuvenated and recharged. However, due to numerous reasons, quite a few individuals fail to achieve proper sleep or any sleep at all. This condition in which a person is unable to sleep at night can be termed as insomnia.
Causes of insomnia
There can be varied reasons for different people that can cause insomnia.
- Unhealthy lifestyle i.e. improper sleep cycle, improper food habits, untimely naps, substance abuse etc.
- Medical conditions like sinus allergies, gastrointestinal problems, endocrine problems, arthritis, asthma, neurological condition like Parkinson’s disease, chronic back pain etc.
- Psychological conditions like depression and anxiety
- Certain medications aimed to cure other health problems
In case of the treatable medical reasons, insomnia is gone once the problem is treated. However, for people who have no idea as to why they suffer from insomnia, here are certain tips that can help in fighting it.
Lifestyle changes to cure insomnia
Starting with a significant lifestyle change can be a great way to change one’s sleep cycles and get a good night’s sleep.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet, with more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and fat.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (despite the fact that you may not feel sleepy). This will train the body and regulate the body clock.
- Avoid afternoon naps or any short naps during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid caffeine as it has contains properties that keeps a person up for long hours.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and nicotine. Although alcohol is associated with fun and partying, it is actually a depressant and causes improper sleep.
- Avoid any meal right before bed time.
Tips that can help
- Take a good, warm shower right before sleep.
- Ask your partner to give you a nice massage before bedtime.
- Restrict bed activities to sleep and sex only, nothing more.
- Make a really comfortable and inviting sleep environment.
- Try and get rid of all your worries before going to bed.
- Reduce stress using a number of stress reduction therapies like meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.