Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nilesh Parasram
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Nilesh ParasramYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year girl and I am suffering from insomnia from past 6 months. Sometimes I feel so lazy and tired. I am also facing severe headache many times. Please give me some remedies to overcome this situation so that I can focus on my academics and live a healthy life.
Hello, Just be two months I had delivered twins. From then onwards I'm not able to sleep bcoz of severe pain in head due to Dat I'm feeling uncomfortable and have not slept from past two months. I have a history of migraine, just visited a neurologist and he said migraine has come back next even he did CT scan of my head but it's normal and prescribed zolfresh and provanol40 and I'm getting sleep sometimes but not feeling relaxed and my mind has been blank so please suggest me what should I do, should consult psychiatric or continue with these medicines.
When i am angry or i am shouting my hands and legs shiver very severly and then I cant speak properly I face dificulty at that moment to talk also as i am shouting so keep speaking, past few time i am observing this happening to me. Is it normal or it happens?
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. From 1 year I used to have numbness and tingling in whole body. Bone and muscle pain in whole body. High bp 150/100. Excessive hair growth. My testicle isze is reduced so much .they are now 2 cm each in length and thin like almonds. I too have abdominal pain .no gastric problem. And left half head pain from backside. .my neck xray shows C2 and C3 segmentation in complete. And vitamin b12 is 185 ng/ml. reference range is 180 to 900. Where is the problem. My tingling is increasing day by day. I feel very unusual due to tingling.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson's disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!