Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Anxiety and stress often affect our life in more than one way and most of all it dampen our relationship with your partner, as they are known to cause several ailments. When you have very quick ejaculation with very little stimulation and it results in unsatisfactory sex for you and your partner, it is known as premature ejaculation. Many men have complained about this condition and 1 in 3 men have stated facing this problem at least once in their life time.
Typical symptoms of premature ejaculation
Although the primary symptom is quick ejaculation there are certain secondary signs as well which could be:
- Inability to delay ejaculation either during intercourse or even masturbation which may be due to physiological factors.
- Usually ejaculating a minute or so after penetration and without climaxing
- Avoiding sexual intimacy brought on by the fear of non-performance due to quick ejaculation
All men may have had this issue at some point, which is caused by performance anxiety or inhibitions and is usually a psychological issue. In such cases it is a one time occurrence and will correct itself later. However, continued problems with this signal deeper health problems which need to be corrected.
Causes of premature ejaculation
- Mental or psychological causes: Upbringing or religious and social beliefs which may cause guilt while doing masturbation may lead to a habit of reaching climaxing hurriedly and thus resulting in a habit of quick ejaculation. This also results in premature ejaculation when you are with a partner. Some of the other causes could be also be anxiety in performance or relationship problems with your partner.
- Erectile dysfunction: Men with erectile dysfunction cannot keep an erection for long and thus habituate themselves to ejaculating quickly which may also lead to this problem.
- Health problems: Issues within your body like blood pressure or heart disease may disrupt the flow of the blood across the body and cause premature ejaculation. In such cases it is important to resolve the underlying problems to treat the ejaculation problems.
- Other physiological causes: There are other reasons with physiological problems which may lead to premature ejaculation such as:
- Hormonal issues within the body
- Reflex issues within the neural system of the body causing ejaculatory problems
- Hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism
- Surgery of the prostate
- Infection or inflammation of prostate or the urethra
Treatments of Premature ejaculation
Most treatments center on desensitization of the penis and delaying ejaculation. Some of the treatments include
- Medicines are available for premature ejaculation
- Creams, gels and sprays that are desensitizers
- Condoms, which are known to delay ejaculation
- Mental therapy and counselling for relationship issues or psychological issues