Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Nilesh KamathYour feedback matters!
1 month back I started having severe body ache and high fever. I went to Doctor Who gave me pain killer and anti allergic and after 3 days, I was feeling good. But, after 15 days, again the same body ache and fever. I visited the Doctor Who told me that I was having viral. I was given same medicines but my family suggested to get the typhoid and blood test. I got myself checked and the report showed that my platelet count was 108000. It has been a week and I am taking juices and salads and medicine to get the number increased. Though, Now there is no body ache and my energy level is also good. How long I have to keep taking juices and following such diet.
I am a 37 yrs male. I am having pins and needles on my inner side of the right foot for the past 4 days. I am feeling like having numbness too. What should I do?
Back pain can be debilitating and one of the main causes can be a weak disc. There could be an inflammation of the disc or prolapse which can cause pain. In most people, poor posture along with lack of physical exercise can lead to recurrent disc issues and pain.
The disc is basically a layer of soft tissue, which is present between two vertebrae. This tissue can slip out of its space, causing prolapse or a hernia. Depending on the exact location, it can be cervical, thoracic, or lumbar disc hernia. Though there is treatment available in the form of medicines and exercises to even surgery, recurrent disc pain is best prevented, in ways mentioned below:
1. Strengthen the abdomen: One of the main issues for recurrent disc pain is a bad abdominal musculature. The key is to support the back and improve posture so that the back muscles are strong and disc pain is prevented. Crunches, sit-ups, and other exercises to improve spine stability are highly recommended. When lifting things off the ground, it is always advisable to sit down and pick things up rather than bend down and pick up. Bending down to pick up things, especially heavy ones, can cause severe disc prolapse almost immediately.
2. Weight management: Being overweight can put pressure, especially on the low back (thoracic and lumbar spines) and cause a hernia in the lower back. Weight management, therefore, assumes great significance.
4. Yoga: This not only helps in stress management but also keeps a person flexible. It improves circulation, joint mobility and so helps in preventing back pain.
5. Posture changes: If a person is diagnosed to have poor posture (stooped, drooping, etc.), then they should be taught to sit upright with adequate back support so that recurrent disc pain is prevented.
6. Exercise: If a person has had a herniated disc, then the doctor would recommend a chiropractor or physiotherapist to improve pain control. A set of exercises would be taught to improve abdominal strength. They also would instruct on ways to do this properly, so that recurrent disc pain can be avoided.
7. Pain control: This needs to be followed sequentially. In addition to injections of corticosteroids and painkillers for immediate relief, a person also can have painkillers at disposal to take when required. As a last resort, surgery may be done but needs to be followed up with exercise so that recurrent disc pain is avoided.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!