Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Nilesh KamathYour feedback matters!
My mom is suffering from severe knee pain. Please tell me the check process and what might be the problem she is suffering from? She is 55 years old.
My sister, age 45 yes, suffering from joint pain (gout) for 20 yes, many type medicine uses means allopathy and homeopathy both, but no any benefit. What I should do. What is any medicine or treatment, please help me.
I am having diabetic (type2) since 18 years and BP since 12 years. I am under insulin and medication for both. The sensation in the foot is slightly reduced and as advised by doctor, I am using MCR footwear within house also. Last week, I had to visit a temple where I walked without footwear for about 100 feet, but with socks. Though I was very carefully walking, but some objects like stone or like that must pressed without my knowledge, though no injury but I am having leg pain till waist (left leg). But I am doing my regular activities like walking, driving, but with pain. Is there any treatment is required . Normally I am avoiding the places where I need to go barefoot. But this time it was a important family function & not having any choice. Please advise me sir.
My father has a problem with knee and leg pain for a 2 month and he is a diabetic patient. Please help me to resolve my father pain problem.
Pulled lower back muscle. Severe pain on getting up from sitting position. Almost negligible pain while sitting, lying flat on bed, bet getting up and putting weight forward, forward bending causes pain.
My mother (60years) is suffering from back pain since 2 years. We consulted orthopedician and he adviced for caudal esi in l4-l5 region after checking her x-ray. What is that procedure and is there any side effects for that one. Will her problem resolve after taking that treatment.
Dr. I have head to neck in a right sight pain last 5 days how will I do for thats pain its not relief to me.
Osteoporosis is a commonly experienced condition where the bones tend to get thin and become hollow over time. This is a condition that is experienced mostly by people who are over the age of 50 years, and even more commonly by women who have been through menopause. Other risk factors include smoking as well as medication which can lead to such degenerative diseases as a side effect.
Let us find out about living with osteoporosis and the many myths and facts surrounding the same:
- A Natural Part of Aging: This is a fact. While not everyone who ages will wind up with this condition, it is commonly experienced by patients who are growing old. One can resort to taking calcium supplements as well as plenty of Vitamin D in order to prevent the risk of fractures that are a common occurrence in such a condition where the bones become too hollow. Also, mild and moderate exercise will help the condition.
- Only Female Patients: This is a myth. While it is true that women form a major risk group when it comes to this condition, there are many men who also suffer from it. It has been demonstrated by various medical studies that one in every five men in the USA alone are prone to this condition. Furthermore, due to exercise, sports and other heavy manual work, young men are more likely to end up with a fractured bone than an aging woman.
- Worry only when you are Old: This is also a myth. One must remember that the major bone mass forms by the time a person hits the age of 18 to 20 years. This is the time when nutrition, exercise and lifestyles must be structured in a way that such troubles like osteoporosis will not follow you into the later years when your bones begin to age. Ample and strong bone mass nourished by proper habits, will help in preventing such conditions to a large extent.
- Fractures only happen if you Fall: This is another myth. It is important to keep in mind that living with a condition like osteoporosis means that you have to be vigilant at all times in your daily routine and other activities. Strain on the bones can also lead to fractures, and one does not necessarily have to fall down to get one. Leaning over too much can also lead to a fracture!
- You can feel the Degeneration: It is another myth that you can actually feel your bones getting weaker. Usually, there are no symptoms of this condition until it has progressed to a particularly painful stage in your life. The best way to find out if you are suffering from osteoporosis is by taking a bone density test.