Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nilesh Kale
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nilesh KaleYour feedback matters!
How much need semen normal DNA fragmentation I suffering abnormal DNA fragmentation 52%.and abnormal morphology 99%.how much parameters need for pregnancy. I suffer dental periodontics problem and abnormal DNA fragmentation those problems are choose any cancer effect in future. please help me. What decided my life.
I am suffering from typhoid from 2 weeks n my age is 19 what should I do to recover is there any suggestion for this from you?
I have been suffering from headache from the last few months. It occurs during studying and in school. It has become disgusting. I can not do anything. I am a class 12 student.
I am suffering from nerve weakness in my penis. At the start of penis it's girth is less but increase at the tip when it is semi erect. How to make that part strong n have same girth throughout?
I m 23. Female. Since 2 days m having these pains that come n go on the left side of the body. Pain & tingling in arms. Pain behind the breastbone. Pain just above the navel. All these pains just come and go. And are only experienced on the left side. I m vitamin B12 and D deficient. Taking supplements since 4 months. I read on the net that pains on left side of the body. simply at the upper back are related to heart. Is it true? Anything serious?
I am 30 years old male. I'm suffering from chest pain since the last four months. Please give me a solution to cure my problem.
My friend is suffering from pre mature ejaculation. He just gets it out in less than 2 minutes. What does he do to make it last longer?
I often suffer from burping gas. It feels so uncomfortable. 3 months ago I used to take proper D medicine. Now I do not take any medicine. But sometimes I get trouble from gas. How do I recover?
The lungs are made of tubes through which air passes in and out for exchange of gases, taking in alveoli. It is disease of alveoli to which finer air conducting tubes are attached. Over a period of time, with age and exposure to various agents, these tubules get obstructed. The amount of air that can pass through these is reduced, leading to reduced oxygen supply to the lungs and thereby the various body organs.
Symptoms: The symptoms of COPD can be easily understood if we realize how COPD is caused. The progressive blockage of the air tubes causes less oxygen to reach the tissues, which is the most essential agent for all tissues and organs to function. Reduced supply produces a generalized limitation in physical activity. There are two main components to COPD - chronic bronchitis and emphysema. The symptoms indicative of COPD are as follows:
- Chronic cough - Also referred to as smoker's cough, the cough is relentless and does not subside with regular cough treatment. This is one of the first indications of COPD.
- Mucus buildup - There is constant build up of mucus which gets expelled during coughing. The person never feels completely clear of mucus, and the regular cough expectorants do not help relieve the symptoms.
- Fatigue associated with limited activity - As noted earlier, the reduced capacity of the organs limits their activities. Therefore, regular activities like walking short distances or climbing stairs can induce fatigue.
- Shortness of breath - The above fatigue is associated with shortness of breath, even with small physical exertion. A person with COPD will see marked tiredness and reduced ability to perform routine chores and feel a tightness in the chest.
- Wheezing - Passage of air through the obstructed air tubes produces a whistling sound or wheezing. It is more pronounced when there is mucus accumulation in the airways.
While there is no cure for COPD, once it sets, the following are some ways to slow its progression and reduce severity of the symptoms:
- Bronchodilators - Dilate the air tubes and ease flow of air
- Corticosteroids - Help reduce inflammation and thereby improve airflow through the tubes
- Flu vaccination - Helps curb the frequent flu attacks
- Antibiotics - To contain infections
- Pulmonary rehabilitation - A combination of breathing exercise and patient education to improve lung function.
- Oxygen therapy - In very severe cases, oxygen may be required.
- Lifestyle changes - Eating healthy foods, preventing exposure to dust and smoke, quitting smoking, breathing exercises, bi-annual medical check-ups to monitor lung functions are essential.
Knowing that you have COPD is the first step towards managing COPD, which can be managed effectively.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!