Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nikil Pendse
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Nikil PendseYour feedback matters!
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years, my weight has gone up from 75 kgs to 85 kgs. I want to lose weight, please help.
I am 24 years old. Yesterday I got tensed without any reason and today I checked by BP, it is 170/110. I know it is above normal. How can I reduce it without medicine.
Hi There, Please advise as I am having mild pain in my left breast. Few days ago, I had small hard inflamed spot on the skin of my left breast but now it is fine I used soframycin over it, Kindly suggest me the solution, what should I do now? And what are the reasons for pain. Regards.
I am 34 year Old suffering from inguinal hernia in my right testicles from last five years, and size become very large ,no pain at all ,now I want to reduce testicles size to normal. What should I do. Kindly look into my serious issue and give me right appropriate suggestions.
Helo my father is 54 and from 3 months they have reaction of hair dye. His face and head have much rashes and infection they tried many treatment bt nothing had happened. They have much problem his face become rash full. And when they goes to sun they get many irritation on his face. please suggest something for their face skin. So that his face become good and infection less.
Swine flu is the commonly used word for H1N1 influenza virus infection. It is a relatively newer strain of the influenza virus, and is so called because it was originally discovered in people who were in direct contact with pigs. This is not necessarily the case now. Also, one should note that despite the name, it does not spread by eating pork or bacon or ham.
It is very contagious and spreads from person to person very rapidly. Swine flu was big news in 2009 when it was declared a pandemic an is in news again as a number of people have succumb to death in 2017 because of it.
Mechanism of spread: When a person with flu sneezes or coughs, the virus is released into the air, and when another person breathes the virus, they get the disease. It could also be through surfaces like doors or restroom handles which were handled by the infected person. The symptoms take about 7 days to develop, and could be quicker and severe in people with weak immune system
Symptoms: Swine flu resembles the regular flu with generic symptoms including:
Testing: A swab test can be done but is not required in all people, except the below
- Extremely young or old people
- People with known weakened immunity
- People with debilitating medical conditions (chronic lung or liver disease, severe diabetes, nervous disorders, etc.)
- People in nursing or assisted living
- When swine flu is detected, one of the following medications is usually given – osteltavimir, peramivir, or zanamivir. The results are best when given in the first 48 hours.
- Antibiotics are not effective as it is a viral disease.
- Cold and fever medications are given for symptomatic relief
- Aspirin should be avoided
Prevention: When there is a high incidence of swine flu in your surroundings, do the following:
- If you are affected, stay indoors to avoid spreading the disease
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- Contain coughs and sneezes with a kerchief or a tissue so that virus spread is limited
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose, and mouth with likely infected hands
- Keep elderly, pregnant, asthmatics, and young people away from the infected person. They have lower immunity and can contract the infection much faster
- If you are infected, limit your movement in the household and try to stay put in one place
- Caretaking preferably should be done by one person to limit exposure among all the members in the family. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.