Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nikhil U Damle
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil U DamleYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old and a regular jogger. From past 2 days am having severe leg ache and back pain. Please help.
What Is Ulcerative Colitis?
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic, inflammatory condition of the colon and the rectum. It affects the mucosal lining of the large intestine (colon) and the rectum. The rectum is present just above the anus.
In this condition, patients have ulcers and abscesses in their colon and rectum.
Symptoms are seen periodically. The symptoms are severe pain in the abdomen, blood in stools and diarrhea. Anemia is seen due to decreased healthy red blood cells as a consequence of bleeding in stools.
When is surgery required?
- The colon has ruptured
- There is extensive bleeding
- The treatment results in severe side effects affecting the patient's health
- Drug therapy fails to provide results
- When it progresses to colon cancer
- Surgery for Ulcerative colitis
There are 2 types of surgeries:
- Colectomy: Surgery performed to remove the entire colon
- Proctocolectomy: Surgery is conducted to remove both the colon and rectum. It is considered as the standard treatment for ulcerative colitis.
Procedures for the surgery
- Ileostomy: The entire colon and rectum are removed and the surgeon creates an opening or stoma in the abdominal wall particularly below the waist. Stoma allows waste from the intestines to exit the body. The tip of the lower small intestine is brought through the stoma. An external bag, or pouch, is attached to the stoma. This is called a permanent ileostomy. Stools pass through this opening and collect in the pouch. The pouch must be worn at all times. Before an ileostomy, the surgeon will perform a proctocolectomy. They will perform the ileostomy in the hospital, and the patient receives a general anesthesia.
- Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomosis (IPAA): This is also called a J-pouch. This is a procedure that does not require a permanent stoma. The patient is still able to eliminate stool through the anus. A pouch is constructed at the end of the ileum and attached to the anus. This is called a J- pouch. As with the ileostomy, the patient will need a proctocolectomy before an IPAA. An IPAA is done in a hospital, and the patient will receive a general anesthesia.
Some people experience incontinence after the surgery. Medications may help control the function of the pouch.
Some women may become infertile after the procedure.
Recovery after Surgery
Both sets of the procedure will require a four-to-six-week recovery period.
- Keep your diet healthy: A healthy diet is essential because good nutrition can help the body heal faster and help avoid post-operation health issues. Absorption of nutrients can be an issue after these surgeries, so eating well will help in maintaining the proper level of nutrients.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Hydration is important for overall health, especially for the digestive health. Drinking six to eight glasses of water per day is recommended.
- Manage your stress: Anxiety or emotional stress can cause stomach issues, which can aggravate the complaint.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
There is something on my back which looks like lump of skin growing outwards, is it cyst? What should I do? Its been two months but it doesn't pain? Will it disappear on its own? Please help.
Hi my age is 26 n my wife age is 28. She is looking very older with dark skin ,lines ,wrinkles dull skin etc because she works hard n feel much stress. I am uncomfortable with her looks to romance or stay with her .We are love marriage couple. So what to do to look fresh and younger than me .Pls tell me the health n beauty tips naturally.
I am 20 year old female. I Have lots of gray hair and my hair has become very thin as well as I Have hair fall too. I have tried many things but nothing worked out. Can you tell me what I should do?
I am 26 year old my current weight 52 kg only I want to increase my weight up to 60 kg give me solution for its?
My father is suffering from heart disease and on had a operation regarding it. (2 start). Today I go to that hospital for regular check up of my father and the told me that his pulse speed is too slow around 42 and on ecg report their is mentioned it complete heart block. They suggested me 2 do a pacemaker operation to increase the pulse rate. What should I do. Please tell me I am financially too weak. Is their any option expect from this.
Hi, I am in heavy toothache, I took zerodol so+metrogyl 500+amaxilin 500, is it is enough, I can only reach dentist after a week, Please give me better suggestions.
The skin is one the largest organs in the human body and is also one of the most affected parts. Ichthyosis is one such condition, which is a term given to a set of about 28 types of hereditary skin conditions. The common factor among all these is the scaly, dry, flaky skin which is where the name comes from (fish-like skin). The affected person’s skin resembles that of fish scales. The most common type if ichthyosis vulgaris. Since it is hereditary, it often begins in early childhood and continues through life.
Therefore, in addition to treating the condition, most affected people learn to modify lifestyle and skin care routines to ensure the condition is not aggravated.
- Avoid hot baths or showers which will dry the skin out further
- Use lukewarm or cool water for the bath
- Avoid soap which can further dry the skin
- Use Cetaphil lotion and cream which are available over the counter
- Do not pat dry the skin with a towel.
- Gently blot the skin and apply alpha-hydroxyl acid lotion, which can improve skin moisture content
- If possible, consider living in a temperate climate
There is no cure for this condition, but ichthyosis can be managed with these above measures. In addition, even homoeopathy does not offer any particular cure, but there are some effective remedies which help the patients manage their symptoms better. Arsenic and Arnica have been shown to improve the symptoms but not well proven yet.
The right homoeopathy product would be prescribed based on
It is a life-long condition which can be managed or controlled in the best manner with homoeopathy. The scaling of the skin can be delayed with the use of homoeopathic medicines. This can reduce the dryness, cracking, and peeling off of the skin. The excess buildup of the scales on the skin can be reduced with homoeopathy medicines like mother tincture. The associated symptoms need to be assessed in people presenting with scaly skin.
- Skin and scalp are affected, there are dry scales
- Skin on the face is affected, scaly skin with whiskers
- Skin on the chest is affected with scaly skin between the breasts
Overall skin is very dry
Outbreak on the skin, which are dry, crusty, rough, peeling off of the scales; or present as a combination of these. There are some homoeopaths who try remedies to improve the moisture content in the skin. However, if the patient does not respond to the treatment or show improvement in the symptoms, the treatment may be discontinued. If there are any signs of improvement of the symptoms, it can be continued for life as the condition also persists for life.