Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nikhil Rishikeshi
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil RishikeshiYour feedback matters!
I have red eye from 3 days what can I do tell me any kind of medicine so that the pain will be take off from it please suggest it so that I will feel better from the pain.
I am a software developer. And I need to work around 12-15 hours daily in front of the laptop or computer. That's why my left eye has some problem. I am getting itching in the eye after some time daily. What should I need to do?
How to reduce spectacles number naturally? And can anyone tell me what may b the cost of lasik surgery in india approximately?
Hello Everyone, I am having a dry eyes issue from last 2.5 years but my vision is good. I am using lubricating eyes drops. I am also using I-Meg 3 capsules twice in am day (which contains 500 mg omega-3 fatty acids) from last 15 days. I am using computer for 8-9 hours on daily basis. Please suggest me what to do to completely resolve such eye itching problem?
Dear sir, I am using mobile for a long time per a day. Is there any possibility of losing of eye vision?
Sometimes we feel weak, eyes get blurred. Then if we eat a sweet .we feel energetic. Is it because of low sugar. Is it good to eat a sweet.
My eyes water when I read books? I am a long time reader. Dey usually don't but now all if sudden they have started to water? What should I do?
Of your five senses, which one are you most afraid of losing? If you're like most people, your answer is your ability to see. Because our eyesight is so precious, it's no wonder that myths abound about what can damage our eyes ? and what can protect them. Here, we debunk five common myths ? and tell you how to truly keep your eyes healthy.
Myth: Doing eye exercises will delay the need for glasses.
Fact: Eye exercises will not improve or preserve vision or reduce the need for glasses. Your vision depends on many factors, including the shape of your eyeball and the health of the eye tissues, neither of which can be significantly altered with eye exercises.
Lasik surgery done before 3 weeks halos and glayer are disturbing so much at night and vision is not sharp and stable.
Hi sir/Madam I am suffering from falling 3 to 4 times a day in which Im getting memory and eyes problem. Die to this I can't work and can't study also. My age 20 years. It is a request to suggest me good.
My left eye is retina problem with low vosion & right eye is trend of glucoma, what is the future result?
Sir/Ma'm, I have a habit of remain awake late night. Now I am having problems like Blurred vision and My sleep cycle is totally disturbed. Please tell me, What can I do for improving my eye sight And also how can I make my sleep Cycle Natural. Thank you.
Im very addictive to mobile phones or computers because of it im suffering from eye sight problem. So its very difficult to ride a bike in night coz im unable to see the person in dark. Help me what to do.
Astigmatism is a typical vision problem that occurs when the shape of the cornea is distorted due to injuries or other causes. With astigmatism, the lenses of the eye or the cornea curves. This irregular curve can change the way light refracts or passes through your retina. This causes hazy, fluffy, or twisted vision. Farsightedness and partial blindness are two different sorts of issues with the way light goes to your retina. Farsightedness is called hyperopia. Partial blindness is called astigmatism.
Types: There are two types of Astigmatisms. These are:
- Corneal astigmatism: It happens when your cornea itself is distorted.
- Lenticular astigmatism: Lenticular astigmatism happens when your lens is distorted.
Risks: Astigmatism can happen in youngsters and grown-ups. Your danger of creating astigmatism might be higher if you have any of the following:
- A family history of astigmatism or other eye issues like dislocation of the cornea.
- Scarring or diminishing of your cornea
- Excessive partial blindness, which makes foggy vision at a separation
- Excessive farsightedness, which makes hazy close-up vision
- A past of eye surgeries, for example, cataract surgery (surgical expulsion of a blurred focal point)
Symptoms: The side effects of astigmatism include:
- Hazy, Bended, Or Fluffy Vision At All Separations (Close-Up And Far Away)
- Trouble seeing during evening
- Lazy eye
- Irritation in the eye
- Cerebral Pains
- Visual Acuity Assessment Test: Patients are required to read letters from a graph at a particular distance to decide how well they can see the letters.
- Refraction Test: A refraction test uses a machine called an optical refractor. The machine has various remedial glass lenses that are used to read an outline while looking through lenses on the optical refractor.
- Keratometry: Keratometry is a route for your specialist to measure the bend of your cornea. They will do this by taking a look at your eye through a keratometer.
- Corrective Lenses: Remedial eyeglasses and contact lenses prescribed by a specialist are the most well-known and least obtrusive solution for astigmatism.
- Orthokeratology: Orthokeratology is a treatment that uses contact lenses to correct the deformation and flow of your cornea. You will wear inflexible contact lenses for certain time-periods. It is easier to wear them while you are sleeping and remove them during the day.
Surgery: Your specialist may suggest refractive surgery if your case is a serious one. This kind of surgery includes use of lasers or little blades to reshape your cornea. This will correct astigmatism permanently. The three basic surgeries for astigmatism are:
- Laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Spiral keratotomy (RK).
All these surgeries might carry some risks depending upon the symptoms of your problem. As innovation advances, it is very important for the patient to explore more options before choosing which refractive surgery is a good fit for him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.