Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nikhil Lokhande
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil LokhandeYour feedback matters!
My gf doesn't taken emergency pill her period date is 13th November and we done intercourse on December 6th.
As per a recent study, women who suffer from sleep disorders are more at risk of infertility as compared to others. However, previously conducted studies linked sleep apnea specifically with infertility.
Further, the study states that the risk of infertility is likely to increase with habits such as stress, drinking, smoking, unhealthy habits, STDs and obesity. This new study offers evidence to show that women with sleep difficulties need to pay focus on healthy habits in order to ensure proper sleep if they are trying to conceive.
I'm 21 years old and used pull out method while intercourse. My periods were supposed to come on the 3rd but it's 9th now n still no signs of menses. Could I get an accurate result in the home pregnancy test. Please help.
Diagnosing Low Libido
The key to establishing low libido is how you feel about your level of sexual desire If you’re not happy with the level of sexualdesire you’re feeling, talk about it with your doctor.
There are three areas of your health that could affect libido and that your doctor will explore to diagnose the problem:
Low Libido Factor No. 1:
- Physical Health A physical exam is needed because medical conditions like arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, and other chronic diseases can lead to a decreased libido in men or women One patient with the digestive disorder celiac disease felt discomfort during sexbecause of pressure on her inflamed colon.
- Sex-specific problems, Any vaginal pain during sex is both abnormal and can affect libido, and should be evaluated by your doctor. Female patients will be asked about any vaginal discharge, which could be a sign of infection that may, in turn, cause low libido.
- Antidepressants, birth control pills, and even antihistamines can cause low libido.
sexual dysfunctionLow Libido Factor No. 2:
- Relationship and Emotional Concerns The following can all dampen sex drive:·
- Relationship problems·
- Stress — a huge libido-buster·
- Anxiety Body image and self-image can also play a role.
- Some women with children have a hard time being a mother during the day and a sexual being at night.
Low Libido Factor No. 3:
- Hormone Levels Research has found that men who have higher free testosterone levels (the amount of testosterone that’s circulating in the blood) have a higher sex drive.
- free testosterone has a significant impact on both sex drive and erectile function.Hormone levels in women, especially when they decline during menopause, are notorious for wreaking havoc on sex drive.
- Lower estrogen levels after menopause in and of themselves can cause dryness andvaginal pain, which can lead to low libido. also asks her patients if they’re experiencing hot flashes and sleep problems due to menopause. If so, the resulting chronic fatigue could be the root cause of low libido.
- blood tests to check a patient’s levels of estrogen, progesterone, testosterone.
Assessing Low Libido-
Perhaps the most important point your doctor should know is if you have always had low libido or if it is a new problem. If you’ve always had a low level of sexual desire, you may have a sexual dysfunction called hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
Doctors will rule out other causes such as depression, hormone changes, and medical conditions before diagnosing thissexual dysfunction.