Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nikhil Lokhande
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil LokhandeYour feedback matters!
Please suggest. Is it safe to continue the Duvadilan Retard tab after 4 week of pregnancy in case of IVF?
मैं 4 महीने से प्रेग्नेंट हूं और मुझे कभी कभी अचानक से पेट में बहुत तेज दर्द होता है ऐसा 4 से 5 दिन बाद होता है मैं क्या करूँ मैं कोई भी दवा नहीं लेती ।
Pls prescribe best tonics to beget child and to get rid of menopause for 34 years lady. Menstrual cycle is normal (27 to 30 days).
During periods can we have sex (from day 1 to day 4) with my partner and also from day 5 to day 7 can sex be done as someone needs his partner to be present then it should be done from day 8 to day 15, please correct if I am wrong and also during first three month of pregnancy sex is prohibited.
It is believed to be used by even Christopher Columbus on his discovery voyage, Papaya is known as the angel of fruits. While it is not a taste that most usually enjoy the very first time, it can grow on you slowly and then stick on forever. The raw ones are used in salad and curries, the ripe can be eaten either in solid or liquid form, alone or in combination with other fruits.
Some of the wonderful benefits of papaya are listed below.
- Anti-inflammatory: The number of vitamins (A, B, C, K) in papaya help improve immunity and prevents infections. It also promotes healing of burns and wounds.
- Cholesterol control: The antioxidants, flavonoids and fiber present in Papaya help in cholesterol/plaque accumulation in the arteries. The lipid and triglyceride content can also be reduced with regular consumption of papayas.
- Digestive benefits: The enzyme papain contained in papaya is quite effective in reducing the damage caused by eating junk and oily foods. It helps in breaking down proteins and is, therefore, useful as a home remedy for indigestion. It is also rich in fiber and helps relieve constipation.
- Diabetes: The high fiber content in papaya combined with the low calories (a medium-sized fruit contains about 110 calories) is a boon to diabetic patients. They can eat to their full content without feeling guilty of the sugar level. Some people also consume the flower (sautéed in oil) to control diabetes.
- Arthritis: The various minerals (potassium, calcium, sodium, and magnesium) in papaya can help keep a check on arthritis and bone and joint pains in the long run.
- Weight loss/ cleansing/ detox: The various minerals and vitamins along with the rich fiber content ensure you get a good detox of the system. Papaya is one of the widely used fruits in people who want to lose weight.
- Antiaging effects: The antioxidants help in reducing the rate of inflammation and the multiple vitamins help in looking younger by improving skin, hair, and overall immunity level.
- Stress buster: Again, the antioxidants and vitamins (C in particular) is a good way to refresh your energy after a long tiring day.
- Anti-cancer effects: The flavonoids, phytonutrients, and antioxidants help to prevent free radical damage which is the main cause of cancer. They also contain beta-carotene which helps control prostate and colon cancer.
- Eye health: The beta-carotene, vitamin A, and lutein help in improving moisture in the eyes and controlling macular degeneration.
- Hair health: The scalp produces sebum which is rich in vitamin A. Papaya when applied to the scalp gives the same effect as sebum, which keeps the hair shiny, silky, and lustrous. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!