Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nikhil Dhande
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil DhandeYour feedback matters!
I due sex with my girlfriend sperm quickly come out for 1 mins. I want before sex any tablet to use for sperms not quickly come please tell me sir.
I have completed my 6 month course of tb and was feeling well. But now again I have got tb again. What to do now. I am taking streptomycin injection daily. And other 4 drugs. Isoniazid rifampicin combutol pyrazinamide. How long I have to take this drugs now. Is it correct treatment.
Dear Doctors. Good evening. Sir I am 34, male. My question is about heart rate. Normal healthy heart rate should be 70-72. What if the heart rate falls to 67 or 68 like that. Is that any functional problem ot heart or its normal please advise.
The year 2014 has seen a massive increase in the number of patients affected by Gonorrhoea. The most infected age group is between 15 and 24. This is mainly due to lack of knowledge in this age group about the disease. Here are some facts about Gonorrhoea that one must know.
Gonorrhoea Transmission: Gonorrhoea, also known as drip, is transmitted when a normal person comes in contact sexually with an infected person. Infected fluid of a mother can also pass to her newborn infant during delivery. The disease can affect both the genders.
Cause of Gonorrhoea: Neisseria gonorrhoeae bacteria cause the disease. The bacteria grow in mucus membranes and usually grow in the warm and moist areas of humans' reproductive tracts such as uterus and fallopian tube of women. These can also grow in anus, mouth as well as throat. As a matter of fact, the infection can be passed even via oral or anal sex.
Symptoms of Gonorrhoea: An infected person will develop symptoms of the disease in 2 to 14 days. Men may feel burning or painful sensation while urinating. Other symptoms are as follows:
- Swollen and painful testicles
- Swollen or redness at the tip of the penis
- Penis may have a drip or discharge
- Frequent urination
- Recurrent soreness of throat
Females have milder symptoms of the infection. This makes it difficult to diagnose, and is sometimes misinterpreted as common vaginal yeast or other bacterial infection.
Following are a few symptoms of the disease in women:
- Burning or painful urination
- Frequent urination
- Vaginal discharge
- Soreness in throat
- Lower abdominal pain
- Pain while sexual intercourse
If the disease is not treated, infection spreads in blood stream leading to rashes, fever and even pain in the joints. Such unnoticeable symptoms make it difficult to treat.
Testing Methods of Gonorrhoea: One method is that penile or vaginal discharge samples are taken from patients and examined under a microscope by adding reactive stain. However, this is not an accurate assessment.
Another test is conducted where exposing samples are incubated. In case of infection, colony of gonorrhoea shows growth. Preliminary test may take 24 hours. Final assessment may take around three days. Samples can be from the patient's anus, joint fluid, blood, throat, vagina or tip of the penis.
Treatment: The disease is treatable under proper medical supervision. However, the bacterial resistance to Azithromycin drug has made it more difficult for treatment.
Protection: It is highly recommended to have a protected intercourse. Women of age group less than 25 need to have STI evaluation once a year. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, in my urine examination RBC is showing 01-02 rbc/hpf and pus cells is showing 00-01 wbc/hpf. Please advise what this means. And is it a concern in per medical examination of rejection.
Asthma is a chronic respiratory disorder. In asthma, the airways of the lungs get inflamed. Due to this inflammation, there is swelling inside the airways. This also causes excess production of mucous. The combined effect of swelling and mucus production is that the passage of air gets obstructed. This makes breathing difficult. A whistling sound or wheezing is often heard in such patients. Often the patient gets cough due to this obstruction of the airways. This cough is a reflex of the body to get rid of the excess mucous in the airways. A sense of tightness or heaviness is felt in the chest. One cannot expand the chest fully while inhaling. This is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea.
Causes of Asthma
- Caesarean sections,
- Antibiotic use in early life,
- Family history of asthma.
- Poor or polluted air,
- Emotional stress,
- Tobacco smoke, well
- Cold air,
- Upper respiratory tract infections (head colds and sore throats),
- Exposure to things that provoke an allergic response.
Signs And Symptoms
- Recurrent episode of paroxysmal dyspnoea (difficulty in breathing).
- The breathing is laboured, with a wheezing sound, mainly on expiration.
- Asthma attacks often occur in the early hours of morning (when there is no immediate precipitating cause). During the attack patients often prefers to sit then lie down.
Homeopathy for Asthma-
When it comes to the treatment of Asthma, Homeopathy is much better at treating asthma. It is in stark contrast to allopathy, where inhalers and steroids are used to suppress inflammation. Homeopathic medicines do not aim at just reducing inflammation. They also intend to cure the basic cause of the recurrent inflammation. This way, not only the symptoms of asthma are treated but the incidence of asthmatic attacks is completely eliminated. With a couple of months of Homeopathic treatment, you will be able to live a disease-free and medicine-free life. It is worthwhile to mention here that all Homeopathic remedies are natural and do not contain any chemicals. That is why these purely natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all.
Things to do:
- Deep breathing exercises e.g. Pranayama 25 times a day.
- Stop smoking completely, if you are a smoker.
- Avoid all allergens.
- Avoid dust. A housewife having asthma may be greatly helped by vacuum cleaner to clean dust. Use a mask while dusting.
- Avoid carpets on the floor, which harbor dust.
- Avoid pets if you are asthmatic.
- Avoid industrial fumes in factory workers.
- Ask your doctor or healthcare provider how to manage in emergency. If a particular food triggers an attack of asthma, avoid it e.g. cold drinks, particular fruits, fish, chocolates.
- If any emotional or family problem, try to sort out, or use tranquillizer or consult phsician.
- For repeated attacks, advise change of weather i.e. a holiday in dry climate, will help more than medicines.
- Avoid mosquito coils and mats. Use mosquito net instead or topical mosquito repelling cream.
- Avoid passive smoking. Asthma is one of psychosomatic illness. So mind tranquility is very important part of treatment.
- If a patient of asthma gets a dramatic relief in dry climate and attack otherwise, he or she should change the residence, if possible to a dry climate place.
- Take a glass of warm water early in the morning; take warm drinks like tea, coffee, soups often.
Things to avoid:
- Junk food or deep fried food like pizzas, hamburgers, chips.
- Cold foods items like ice creams, cold drinks.
- Sour foods like non-fresh curds, raw onion.
- Avoid sour fruits like citrus fruits (orange, lemon), sour grapes.
By trial and error method and keen observation, note if any particular food is causing an attack of asthma, such food must be totally avoided.
- Avoid heavy meals – eat in small quantity of meals and take dinner early.
- Avoid sleep at least for 2 hours after meals.
- Stress: Learn to manage stress as it can directly prompt the asthma attack. Try Yoga and meditation as it helps to relieve stress. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.