Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NikhilYour feedback matters!
Hi please suggest me tablet to cover zinc and iron which I am not able to cover from my normal diet and it is effecting my hair growth. Please provide me supplement which is economical and easily available in medical store.
Hi sir my age 24 years on going my face is oily sikn I have pimples in my face and I have darkspots too I had treatment regarding this for 6months but still remains same and my neck paining for 1year what should I do.
My hairloss problem is increasing day by day and I am really fedup of this. Now I am dealing with my bald fear. And now ive gained a habit of itching and rubbing my scalp because of flakes of dandruff. Any suggestions?
I have hair growth on my back , how can I stop it ? Is it natural or abnormal ? I am just 18 and I have trimmed it few times . Please give me solutions .
My hairs are brown in colour and very thick. They are very rough and curly what should I do. I also want a cure for flatmoles on my face.
I am suffering from acne and pimples. I have visited a skin specialist but had no result. My face is getting black n marks of acne.
Daer sir, Good morning, last one year to till now I am getting some problem of hair loss. Please advice me about same. Thanks, Ravi.
I'm 48, n I hv bald head in centre of head. I have much hairs before two years. But I'm thyroid patient. Due that I have hair loss so pls suggest me to gain it back. Now I hv got prp treatment it's improved but not so much.
Women can find unwanted hair growth very embarrassing. This is especially true if she sports hair growth on her face. Excessive hair growth on a woman is also known as Hirsutism. This differs from the usual fine 'peach fuzz' that covers the rest of the body. Such hair can be characterized as dark and coarse.
Hirsutism has a number of causes. Some of the most common reasons for this condition are:
- Genes: Hirsutism often runs in families. Thus, if your mother or grandmother suffered from this skin condition, chances are that you may suffer from the same. This is most commonly seen in people from the Mediterranean region and South East Asia.
- Hormones: Hirsutism is also linked to an abnormally high level of male hormones like androgens in the body. This is usually seen in cases where women suffer from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Cushing's syndrome or tumors in the adrenal gland.
- Medication: A shift in hormone levels is also a common side effect of many types of medication. This is typically seen in drugs that include hormones, such as anabolic steroids, drugs that spur hair growth and drugs that help with endometriosis.
Facial hirsutism can be treated in a number of ways. Some of the ways to remove excess hair are:
- Shaving: This is an easy and quick way to remove unwanted skin. However, it may irritate the skin and with every shave, the hair growth may get coarser.
- Bleaching: This is a temporary solution for Hirsutism, but may irritate the skin and does not suit dark skinned women.
- Waxing: When done regularly, waxing can reduce the amount of hair growth. However, this is a painful technique and can cause skin inflammation.
- Laser hair treatment: Compared to the above forms of hair removal, laser treatment can remove hair for the longest period of time. However, this is not a permanent solution and can have side effects like the lightening or darkening of skin.
- Electrolysis: This is permanent solution to Hirsutism. It can require several sittings and may also lead to scarring or changes in skin colour.
- Medication: Prescription drugs can also change the way hair grows on the body. However, if you stop using this medication the hair growth with go back to its original form. Birth control pills and anti androgen blockers are the most common form of prescription drugs used to treat hirsutism.