Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. NihaYour feedback matters!
I am 59 years old and have been operated twice for allergic nasal polyps (1985 and 1993). Now I have again nasal block due to polyps and have to use medicines. Also I have cataract right eye (in very early stage). Is there any effective treatment for these conditions in ayurveda. Thank you.
I am 20 year old and l suffer from my eyes number it so much 3. please tell me about this to reduce the eye number.
Hello. I am almost 19 years old. I have specs from last 8-9 years and currently the number of my specs is 6.5 and 7. I wanted to know if I can and is it really safe to remove my specs through laser, what precautions should I take and what measures should I take in order to keep my eyes safe after laser. Any help will be appreciated.
Greetings from Bangladesh. Six months ago my Father (age 59) started to suffer from enormous headache and eye-ache on his left side with continue tears on his left eye. We consulted with an eye specialist, did the MRI of Brain Orbit and came to know that my father had a minor brain stroke 10 months ago and there is a possibility of a brain hemorrhage. He then referred to a Neurosurgeon, who evaluate the MRI report and after a quick check up we were told not to worry, there are no brain hemorrhage and regular medication will cure the problems. But the medicine is not working properly as His left eye became completely vision less and the unbearable headache continue. My father has diabetic and high blood pressure, which are in control with insulin and regular medication. He also had a urological surgery (Nephron Spearing Surgery indicating Right Renal Moss) earlier in 2014. This continuous headache and eye-ache is killing him day by day. What we suppose to do now?
I am a 17 year old girl and I have been noticing twitches and weird eye movements for a month or more. What should I do?
I am using contact lenses since two years, some of friends says that contact lenses is harmful for eyes. Is it true?
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.