Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neha Godbole
Submit a review for Dr. Neha GodboleYour feedback matters!
My mother 56 year old went to Gall bladder removal open surgery due to gall stone 3 years ago. She is also suffering from thyroid and taking its medication. The problem is she has reduced a lot of body weight and looks very skinny. The problem is that she is facing so much problem in digestion and able to have very light food otherwise she vomit back. Please suggest.
My brother is 22 years old he was having heartburn and acidity problem in December 2014 so general physician gave him Domperidone & ranitidine for 10 days but problem remain the same so he send him to hospital. In hospital they done upper GI endoscopy. In endoscopy the found small Hiatus and few erosion in stomach they gave him some medicine but problem remain same he take medicine he feel good but when medication course is finished problem start again so we consulted best gastroenterology of my area Dr. they gave him 3 month medication course which include ilapro10 (ilaprazole) tab but after completing 3 month medication still problem remain same you valuable advice needed.
Now I am suffering by a stomach problem, I am not able to eat. Due to digestion problem. What shall I do?
If you are experiencing heartburn during pregnancy, it is important for you to know about the ways of dealing with it. Heartburn, which is a fiery, painful sensation, occurs when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) starts leaking or relaxing. This makes your stomach acids to flow up into the esophagus, resulting in acidity or heartburn. Pregnant women are more susceptible to heartburns because the relaxing hormone slows down the rate of digestion, thereby keeping food in the stomach for longer duration and triggering acidity.
Here are the various measures you should take for dealing with acidity during pregnancy:
- Follow regular eating patterns: Overeating triggers heart burns, and hence, you should eat less. During pregnancy, there is much less space in the stomach for it to expand. Maintaining a healthy diet in lesser quantities will help you in eliminating the heartburn throughout your pregnancy. You should eat several small meals a day instead of having two or three large meals. It is easier for your body to digest smaller meals.
- Avoid trigger foods: You need to identify the common foods, which trigger your heartburn, and eliminate them from your diet. You should abstain from consuming acidic food items like tomatoes, citrus fruits, fried and spicy food, coffee, carbonated drinks, and alcohol.
- Focus on fluids: A liquid diet causes much lesser problems compared to solid food products as they can move through your stomach quickly. You should consume milkshakes, soups, yoghurt, smoothies, puddings, and protein shakes. Try to take liquids, which are rich in protein like dairy products. While having solid foods, ensure that you chew them very well.
- Sleep properly: In order to avoid heartburn during the night, you must not eat anything three hours before going to sleep. You should make the head of your bed elevated by placing books or any solid object under the bed’s legs. You should sleep on your left side, which will make it difficult for stomach acids to travel up to your esophagus.
- Sit or stand up right after a meal: After taking any meal, you should take a short walk, undertake some housework, or sit down for a while. Avoid lying down, and abstain from doing anything for which you have to bend over.
- Wear comfortable clothes: You should wear loose-fitting clothes for dealing with acidity or heartburn during pregnancy. Tight clothing puts extra pressure on your abdomen, which is already crammed. This is capable of worsening acid reflux. Therefore, you should choose loose fitting maternity wear for eliminating acidity and heartburn.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have ache in abdomen .it is continuously creating problem now. So how can I get relief from abdomen ache.
I have candida albicans symptoms is cold intolerant brain fog when I eat suddenly my stomach full with gas bloating constipation anxiety lot more food sensitivity to gluten or mostly sugar also finger warts I don't know what can I do and where should I go how can tell the doctor. I checked thyroid testosterone anti po test vitamins all are normal please help.
Sir, I had done lft test 2 weeks ago and my total bilirubin was 2.0 and today when I did my test the bilirubin is 1.9 with conjugated bilirubin of 1.3 and unconjugated 0.6 and before the sgpt was 24 and now it is 43. I am following a plain diet. Is there any danger. I am having udiliv 150, mariliv ds and nexpro L as medication. Is there any risks. Please help me.
I have pain in my anus from last 2-3 days 1st day was very painful When I go to bathroom it increases and also having loss motion.
Hlo doctor. Mujhe gas ki boht jyada problem hai. Boht hi Jada gas banti hai or jadatar bad smell bhi aati hai. Please is problem ka koi solution btaye.
Mere alsar he davaio se koi fark nhi pad rha chati me jalan hota he dai tarap se pet duktahe jayada der tak khada nhi re pata bhuk kam lagti ges bhot banti kya karo.
I am suffering from acid problem past 2 months, but could not ok, it seems that something is in neck inside, and I am not feeling well kindly give me a good solution please.
I am 36 year old male. And I am suffering. From Anal fisher problem. Nd. Sm. Times. I. Feel. Very low. On tht time my eyes Nd my whole body is restless. Like condition.
Suggest Medicine or syrup for fatty liver And Is fatty liver because whey protein If yes Then how we grow body without protein.
I took triphala powder for gastric problem. Now my stomach is totally disturbed from a week. Please give me some solution for it.
I am 19 years old male, having blood with stool. Blood is not coming mixed with stool, coming separately Condition of blood: normal fresh red liquid Condition of stool: normal yellow. No Pain At All. Is it cancer? I want the matter to be clear to me. But Today When I was Stooling there was no blood at all like before.
Sir muje pet m bhot dard rehta h khane k baad turant hi pet gas bn jata h m chalta hu phir bhi please help me.
Causes of bladder control problems in women
Urinary incontinence is the term used to describe bladder control problems that affect several people. Many think it only occurs among older, menopausal women but it actually isn't uncommon amid young and active women.
Inability to control the bladder accompanied by pain can be symptomatic of various disorders ranging from a minor infection to cancer. Fortunately, bladder cancer is rare, and bladder pain is usually not serious.
The varied causes of urinary incontinence in women are as follows:
- Urinary tract infection: this is the most common cause of urinary incontinence and it affects women more than men due to anatomical factors. It can also happen at any age.
- Medicinal side effect: the inability to control one's bladder may be a result of the administration of certain medicinal substances such as alpha-blockers, antidepressants, sleeping pills and various narcotics.
- Changes in the reproductive system: pregnancy and fluctuations in hormone levels can cause bladder irritation, which leads to urinary incontinence.
- Impacted stool: when stool gets tightly packed in the lower end of the digestive system and rectum, bladder control is affected. Chronic constipation and constraint strain on the lower intestines leads to the weakening of bladder muscles and hampers the bladder control.
- Surgical side effects: temporary loss of control of the bladder is often a result of prior surgery and radiation therapy in the pelvic region.
- Nerve damage and neurological disorders: strokes and spinal cord injuries have a heavy impact on bladder control and amount to urinary incontinence. Diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis also lead to the same.
- Health complications: disorders such as diabetes and obesity directly affect the bladder and the ability to exercise control over it.
- Disability and impaired mobility: for women who are physically impaired and suffer from problems of arthritis, urinary incontinence is a major problem as they are unable to reach the toilet easily.
- Bladder cancer: even though it is extremely rare, bladder cancer affects a number of women every year and is treated through surgery and chemotherapy.
Related Tip: What Makes One Lose Control of the Urinary Bladder?