Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hi my lower lip peels off a lot to a point where it hurts and becomes pink in colour. Applying Vaseline is not helping. I will pay for consultation if you can give me a permanent solution.
Hi doctor. I am 23 years old female. My lips are becoming dark and I want natural color back so can you please suggest me any cream or balm? I do not smoke and also I have used many used many remedies but those were not effective I have also used getlite cream but it was not affective.
I have some small spots on my back but it is not a big problem. So whatever I can do I am doing? But no result. So could you tell me some ways to get it resolve.
I am 24 years old and mere upper aŕm or back p but sare black heads h .m kya apply kru bcz ye but long tum c hai please I need help.
I thank all doctors who gave me gd advice bt I want to put in action. My skin has bcm dull dark pigmented pimple spot n small tiny pimples on n off. I want one time solution tablet creams and treatment in skin clinic I stay in Hyderabad. please suggest any clinic. I used tab n cream cosmelite n clear gel wn I use it z nice later bcms dark bt nw evn if I use my skin is pigmented. please help me.
Hi mam from birth I am black in color all are teasing me. Please can you suggest me any soaps or face wash or cream to become fair naturally?
Underwent a fractional laser procedure for my pox scars last month but I suffered from laser burns ,now it's more than one month I still have those laser burns scar. How much it will take to heal them and what medications should I take?
When I expose to sunlight on my whole body I get red patches in a min only n it don't go ven I cum in shadow for many weeks it's leave d patches n it get Lil black please suggest me something so I can go freely in sunlight.
I have dark spots ovet my face which are the person remaining of pimples. I need to get over from this marks. Turmeric is the only thing I use to put over my face. What are other home remedy that I can do. I have a very sensitive skin.
The bladder is a hollow storage organ that collects urine from the kidneys and stores it until it can be passed out of the body through the urethra during the process of micturition or urination. It has a thin inner lining of cells called urothelial cells and a thick muscular wall, which exerts pressure to push the urine out of the body.
Causes of Bladder Tumors
In most cases, the bladder tumor develops on the inner layer due to a combination of some of the following factors.
1. Hereditary: A strong family history of cancer predisposes a person to cancer.
2. Gender: Men are 3 times more prone for bladder cancer than women.
3. Ethnicity: White people are more prone for bladder cancer black people.
4. Smoking: Smokers develop bladder cancer 2-6 times more frequently than non-smokers. cigarettes contain toxic, carcinogenic substances which reach the kidney and are stored in the bladder, leading to their damage.
5. Occupational hazards: Some workplaces have a higher likelihood of causing bladder cancers, especially dye and rubber industries. The effects can be damaging, and the person may develop cancers years after the exposure has happened.
6. Recurrent bladder infections: In some people, this can also lead to bladder cancer in the long run.
Types of Bladder Tumor
Depending on the extent of the cancerous spread, it can be of two types:
1. Non-muscle-invasive bladder tumors: The tumor spread is limited to the inner part of the bladder (urothelial cells)
2. Muscle-invasive bladder tumor: The tumor has spread to the thick muscular outer layer. This is more advanced and prognosis is poor compared to the noninvasive type.
The most common and diagnostic symptom of bladder cancer is the presence of blood in the urine, known as hematuria. This will be intermittent and happens whenever the tumor bleeding happens. Other symptoms include pain in the lower abdomen and frequent urination.
From the most noninvasive to the most invasive diagnostic test, these include:
1. Urine microscopy to detect cancer cells in the urine
2. Cystoscopy A tube inserted into the urethra to look into the inner wall of the bladder is highly diagnostic
3. Ultrasound, CT Scan, and biopsy can also be further used to identify severity of the tumor.
Once the tumor is diagnosed, treatment would depend on the severity of the tumor. For both invasive and noninvasive tumors, definitive therapy is surgery, known as transurethral resection of the bladder tumor (TURBT). The cancerous bladder tissue is removed through a cystoscope as done for diagnosis. The bladder is then flushed with chemotherapy agent to kill any residual cancer cells in the bladder. This is then followed by BCG vaccine, which is again done 1 to 4 weeks for several months to avoid recurrence. In some cases, radiotherapy may also be included.