Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neerav AkashYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old I have been suffering from mouth ulcers for 2 years. I used many medicines. But not got relief please help me.
I am suffering from mouth ulcers and I got a pain when I eat food. It's happens with me every month, so give me some suggestions what I should done.
Which medicine or syrup should I prefer for the ulcers on tongue. Small red dots seen on the front side of the tongue.
Tooth loss occurs due to various reasons decay and infection, fracture, accidents, gum disease, to name a few. Tooth loss has a negative impact on various aspects facial appearance, chewing efficiency, and overall nutrition. The attempts to restore the lost tooth have led to various advancements from removable dentures to cast partial dentures to fixed dentures to implants.
Listed below are features (covering advantages and disadvantages) of both dentures (fixed and removable) and implants. While dentures can be complete or partial, implants are more often partial, of course can be used to replace multiple teeth. A detailed discussion with your dentist along with oral and radiographic examination will help in making a decision.
Replaces tooth but more for cosmetic reasons than function.
Poor chewing efficiency.
Useful when multiple teeth are to be replaced, especially when no adjacent teeth are available for support.
If good bone support is not available, retention is an issue.
Not very healthy for the underlying jaw bone and adjacent gums.
Requires daily and routine maintenance.
Also called as bridges, as the artificial replaced tooth is a bridge between two natural teeth.
Requires removal of sound tooth structure as abutment (support). This is the major disadvantage with fixed dentures, which promoted further work from the dentists, ending up with discovery of implants.
Promotes tooth decay in the adjacent teeth.
Good support, so retention is not an issue.
Not as harmful to the underlying jaw bone as removable denture.
Requires maintenance but not like the removable denture.
Expensive compared to removable dentures.
Replacing a bridge also means the adjacent healthy teeth are affected.
Very good replacement alternative, replaces not just the crown structure but also the root structure.
An excellent option when the jaw bones and gums are extremely in good condition.
Almost natural restoration of both chewing efficiency and facial appearance, the person can eat almost anything.
Not as harmful on the gums like dentures.
Does not cause bone loss like dentures.
Can be used to replace single or multiple teeth, where multiple implants are placed and a bridge is placed over them.
The titanium screws that are used fuse with the jaw bone over a period of time.
The titanium is also biocompatible, thereby reducing chances of allergy.
Implants are expensive, and many insurance companies may not cover them.
If properly fabricated and maintained well, then it can last for decades.
The decision to go for a denture or for an implant should be decided based on a detailed evaluation of overall health and if required radiographic examination. Both dentures and implants have advantages and disadvantages, and the dentist will help make the right choice. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
1. Brush teeth twice a day.
2. Floss daily.
3. Brush or scrape your tongue.
4. Use a mouth rinse- mix of water and few drops of peppermint oil or rinse your mouth with black or green tea.
5. Visit your dentist regularly.
6. Quit smoking and avoid tobacco products.
7. Be sure to drink a sufficient amount of water.
I am 21 years old male in 2013 I took a treatment for dental for arranging my teeth in order and as they are looking forward and I have the treatment for 2 years and then doctor gave a cap to keep while sleeping and he suggested to keep it for 1 years for better result, but I am keeping it now also as I am getting pain if I am not keeping it for one day also, so what can I do shall I continue to keep the cap in the night time or anything like please?
How can I fix my upper and lower teeth gap (front). Nd what's the price or fee for that treatment. Tell me the total process time will take that treatment. Thanks I hope you will reply soon as well.
I am 22 years old male. When I brush my teeth, blood is coming from my teeth and also when I eat apples blood is coming. Why. Now which tooth past I have use please tell me is there any dancer with these teeth.
I need to know how teeth bleach is done? And what are the estimate charges. What are the difference between buffing and bleaching?
I do smoking and my teeth are a bit yellowish in colour. Once I did cleaning also but it was not so effective. Kindly suggest me a way to make my teeth white and strong as now I have quit smoking.
Hello doctor. Am 21 years old. I took orthodontic treatment when I was 13 years (with 4 teeth extracted) and removed my braces on 16 years. But later my teeth got relapsed. So again wen I was 19 I took a re treatment (no removal of teeth) and removed my braces when I was 20 and due to this one of my front upper tooth got discoloured and I went for root canal and then for a cap. Even thou I wear retainer now my teeth got relapsed again. Lower part of my teeth is good. Could you pls suggest any solution for this?
Toothache is perhaps one of the most abhorred form of body ache, which can potentially stall the normalcy of our lives to a great extent. Although seemingly non-hazardous, toothache can also lead to severe health implications. The dental health often indexes the condition of the heart and hence, should not be taken lightly. Toothache usually emanate from cavities or gum infection. While there are multiple cures for the same, these are the types of ailments, which are laden with the risk of relapse. The last minute rush to the dentist may buy temporary relieve from the excruciating pain, but what you should actually look for is a more holistic and sustained cure. Homeopathy brings all the benefits of natural herbs and traditional condiments to ensure your well-being and provide substantial relief from the menace that toothache can be. Some of the most reliable cures have been listed below.
- Merc Sol: This is a very beneficial remedy for toothaches which are accompanied by increased salivation and swelling in the gum. This brings additional warmth to the gums which largely mitigate the pain.
- Coffea: Coffea functions as an effective adjuvant to cold water in decreasing toothaches. It works best on increased sensitivity and irritability and cures them both to a large extent.
- Sepia: Sometimes excessive intake of sweets leaves a bitter aftertaste in one’s mouth, resulting in unbearable toothaches. The ringing pain often spreads to the ears and the gums also get swollen. Sepia sufficiently pacifies such agitation.
- Kreosote: Kreosote relieves those extreme kinds of toothache which reach up to the temples and induce sleeplessness in the patient. It also cures ulcerated gums.
- Mezereum: Mezereum purifies dental health from its very roots. It reduces toothache from spreading and stalls the decay at the very roots. Mezereum soothes acute sensitivity and a constant ringing sensation in the temples and the ears of the patient.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla is a very beneficial natural Homeopathic medicine for toothache when the patient turns irritable, mad and wild with severe tooth pain. The pain in teeth is totally unbearable. Mental agitation with toothache calls for the use of Chamomilla.
- Plantago, Spigelia and Magnesium Phos: For the pain in teeth that extends to ear, natural Homeopathic medicine Plantago is the appropriate remedy. For the neuralgic pain in face on right side due to toothache, Homeopathic medicine Magnesium Phos is the best medicine. And to deal with nerve pain extending from teeth to left side of face, Spigelia is the ideal Homeopathic remedy.
There are various other drugs also which are of immense benefit in toothache and also for the cutting of wisdom tooth. Well, the overall constitution plays a major role in deciding upon the remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
My corner teeth are paining. Not on regular basis but sometimes it starts paining so much. I went to the Dentist, he says wisdom tooth need to be removed and 2 left corner tooth, 1 right corner tooth to be removed. I have 32 teeth. Can you tell me some other option to cure my teeth.
Tongue cleaning is as important as brushing and flossing. Use of a proper tongue scraper every morning will remove tongue plaque and freshen your breath.