Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj RayateYour feedback matters!
I have black dark circle under my eyes and they are visible from distance also what should I do to get rid of those black circle.
I have developed blemishes on my cheeks and have used many ointments like kojiglow melacare glyaha HQ lotions but there is no effect. please suggest what is the solution ? My age is 35.
I have a scar. On the right side above my eyebrows. I want it to disappear. It's almost been 1 and a half years old scar Wat do I do?
My son has small little boils like prickly heat without any itching on ring finger n last small finger. Have applied candid cream but no cure? Can you help m?
Hey I am 19 years old ! I was being prescribed to use sunscreen of spf-30 so I want to ask if I use spf-50 instead of spf-30 , is this gonna be good for my skin ? Spf-50 will provide more protection than spf-30 right ? So should I go for spf-50 ?
I am getting boils from last one year in underarm and groin area. Have tried antibiotics and now after getting boils I apply bactroban. I even got operated on the same. And still boils come back. Any ideas as to why? And what should I do? Whom should I consult?
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
Ingrown toenails have become a common trouble these days and there are many causes that are responsible for the same. Nail edges or corners mostly get affected by this trouble. It often appears to be a toenail infection while it is not so. Bigger toes are highly prone to this toenail issue; therefore you need to be very careful.
Before the issue can become serious, you should take careful steps to prevent the same. Medical advice is required so that the right treatment can be chosen, which gives you an instant relief from the symptoms. The skin around the nail becomes tender and might get swollen or hard coupled with a lot of pain in the toe.
Leading causes for ingrown toenails:
- Incorrect nail-cutting: If you make a mistake in cutting your toenail correctly, then you might face the situation of an ingrown toenail. Therefore, you should always finely concentrate while cutting your toenails with the help of any nail cutter. In most of the cases, curved or irregular nails are to be cut with great care.
- Wrong footwear: If you have chosen the wrong footwear, which create tremendous amount of pressure on your feet, it may develop this kind of nail condition. Only repeated or consistent usage of these kinds of footwear can develop this horrible situation. Sometimes, extremely tight stockings or socks can also be responsible for ingrown toenails.
- Improper hygiene: Acute foot hygiene needs to be maintained without any fail otherwise you will not be able to prevent ingrown nails. You should always keep your feet clean and dry. If your feet remain in contact with moisture for a long time, then this condition might arise. You can now use specialized solutions available in the market for washing the nails on your feet.
- Toenail injury: If you have any injury on your toenail, then it needs to be corrected as soon as possible otherwise the injury will get converted into ingrown nails. Which further results in acute painful sensations and these kinds of experiences are simply unbearable. Poor posture can bring injuries to your toenails. If you have any existing toe injuries, then you should try your level best for the speedy recovery of the same.
- Poor health-conditions: There are many health conditions, which result in ingrown toenails out of which diabetes is the most prominent one. Due to poor blood circulation, the nails on your feet get damaged internally resulting in ingrown nails.
How to protect skin tone and fairness nd how to control oily face, could you suggest any Creams r any medicine.
From last 5 year in my face there is so many pimples. I consulted so many doctors, he suggest me medicine and cream but its not worth. Last month I consulted one of the Lybrate doctor. He gave me a list of creams and facewash worth rs. 2500. I bought all and applied in my face. But my problem is not solved. Most of the pimple on my head. And according to my understanding its may be because of my stomach or may be hormonal problem. So please suggest me some medicine to getting rid of pimples.
I'm 21 year old boy but my face looks like 34 year old men. I am in stress every time due to this . Please tell me what's the reason behind this and How can I get back my young look once again?
My inner thighs have turned dark in colour in the last 6 months. It used to itch in that area but now there is no itching but the skin has become dark. What could be the reason and how can I make the skin colour light.
What is the procedure to get a fair skin? I have tried many cosmetic products for men available in the market but shows no results. Some says that skin complexion doesn't change. Is that true? Is there any possibility to get my complexion change .What method should I follow ?
When I was in 2nd standard in 2003, I was 8 yrs old. It was summer time, some construction was going on in our house! on that day I came home after having a 2 hours tution, and had food. After eating I went to my terrace where the construction was happening! in my house at 2nd floor and at terrace we have solid steel frames for better ventilation (to which we call" tattar"), so small gates of both the" tattar's" on both floors were open. There was a boundary of like 8cm around the" tattar" at terrace. I went to terrace for some work and when I was returning, unfortunately my feet was stuck to that boundary around the" tattar" and I fell down and collide to the flap (dimensions of flap are 3mm thick of solid steel) of the" tattar" at 2nd floor. That flap went through my" left temple from the mid and came out from my forehead from mid here also tearing my skull badly. Though I was gone faint, because of the collision and was referred from jn medical college aligarh for delhi where I had the operation for my broken skull. I got 16 stitches in count and everything was ruined! at that time because of my low age doctors advised me to get heal untill I pass of 18. They also told that my skull can heal and grow again because I was growing then! but now i'm 20 yrs old and i'm healthy but theres still an empty space of like 3.5 cm in length and 2 cm of height, the rest portion healed but it healed as a crack fill up, theres no joint in my skull from mid of my left temple to mid of my forehead. So, please suggest me what should I do to get my self repaired again with a smooth crack less skull. And theres also a big mark of 16 stitches, please tell about the solution for both of these problems. I hope for a reply! please help me!
I'm suffering from hair loss since 4 years. I'm having dandruff and its to oily skin. How I will recover it soon.
Scars are referred to as marks left on the skin or body tissue, caused by an accident or injury. Scars are part of the natural healing process that takes place after an injury. When the white blood cells attack bacteria, they cause physical changes to the underlying skin cells around the area, thereby leading to the formation of a scar.
There are different types of scars, caused due to different factors. Some of the commonly occurring scars are:
1) Atrophic scars - These types of scars are flat against the upper layer of the skin. This type of scarring is caused by hyperpigmentation and is marked by discolored parts and patches of the skin. Initially, they are red, dark and raised. With the help of medicines and passage of time, they gradually fade away.
2) Hypertrophic scars - These types of scars appear to be elevated or raised and are caused as a result of a disparity in the production of collagen (connective tissues). These scars do not extend beyond the outline of the original wound, and can remain for a period 2-5 years. Hypertrophic scars turn flatter and paler with the course of time and with the help of requisite medication.
3) Keloid scars - Keloid scars tend to appear when the skin goes through an aggressive healing process. This causes thick, dark, clustered scars to form, which are often in contrast with the surrounding skin. Secretion of excess collagen on the affected area can also be a cause of keloid scars. Although medications are used, the most effective way to remove keloid scars is through surgery.
4) Scar contractures - This type of scar is caused due to burns. Burns present on the joints and creases stiffen the affected area, causing difficulty in movement and flexibility. Deep contracture scars may in some cases lead to dysfunctions in nervous and muscular activities.
5) Acne scars - Acne and pimples are acute skin problems, and the marks they leave behind are long lasting. Acne scars are caused due to severe acne and show differing patterns when it comes to their shape, type, and depth. In fact, the treatment for acne scars varies depending on these factors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.