Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neera Desai
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neera DesaiYour feedback matters!
A team of researchers has discovered the connection between masculinity energy drink use and sleep problems. Many energy drinks have high caffeine content when consumed in excess caffeine can accelerate the heart rate increase anxiety and contribute to insomnia.
Men who perceive energy drinks as'magic potions' for performance enhancement the study suggests are better served moderating their consumption
My periods is expected to be 3 days back still I didn't got my periods .i had my first sex this month and took unwanted 72 before 10 hours. Is that am I going to be pregnant please suggest.
Miscarriage is termed as the loss of the fetus in or before 20th week of pregnancy. Medically, miscarriage is known as spontaneous abortion, though the word spontaneous is more of a keyword as it is not an abortion.
Cause of Miscarriage
Common cause of miscarriage is when the fetus is known to have fatal genetic problems and these are not related with the mother. The other causes are infection, medical problems like thyroid and diabetes, immune system rejection, hormonal imbalance, abnormalities of the uterus, and physical problems of the mother. If a woman is over 35 years of age, has thyroid and diabetes and had an miscarriage earlier then that woman is at a high risk of getting a miscarriage.
Sometimes a miscarriage might take place due to the cervical insufficiency. This is due to the weak cervix, also known as the incompetent cervix, which is unable to hold the pregnancy. A miscarriage in this condition usually occurs in the second trimester. Though there are a very few symptoms in this, but there might be a feeling of sudden pressure that the water is going to break and tissues from the placenta and fetus are released without any pain. This can however, be treated by a stitch in the cervix at 12 weeks. This stitch helps to hold the cervix until the full term is completed. If it is first pregnancy and cervical insufficiency is diagnosed, then also a stitch can be applied, thus resulting in full term and avoiding miscarriage.
Diagnosis of Miscarriage:
- The doctor does a pelvic test, an ultrasound and blood tests to confirm a miscarriage
- Blood tests are done to analyze the pregnancy hormone hCG. This is monitored regularly if miscarriage is suspected
- Genetic tests, blood tests and medication are important in women who have a history of prior miscarriages
- Pelvic ultrasound and hysterosalpingography are tests, which are done when there are repeated miscarriages
- Test like hysteroscopy is also done. In this the doctor observes the inside of the uterus with a device, which is thin telescope like device. This is inserted in the vagina and cervix.
- If the cervix is dilated, then the woman might be diagnosed with an incompetent cervix and this can be corrected by cerclage, a procedure done to close the cervix.
- If the blood type of the pregnant woman is Rh negative, she is prescribed a blood product called Rh immune globulin (Rhogam). This prevents from forming, antibodies which could turn to be harmful for the baby.
I got married 2 months ago and since then have infection. Went to a doctor and was suggested candid cl for 3 nights, then every week and oral AF kit for me and my husband. The problem was resolved. Now for the past few days I have urges to go the bathroom again and again at an interval of 2-3 minutes, plus itching/irritation. I have not taken candid weekly for the past 3 weeks. Should I start taking it again?
My periods is not regular. It comes after 2-3 month. N also my period session is very painful in first 2-3 days.
My lst period ws on 26 of march en I had unprotected sex with my husband on 10-11. Is dere any chance to get pregnant but my periods r irregular. My ultrasound report says right ovary- 2.6×0.9×1.8cm (2.5cc) Left ovary_ 2.5×1.5×2.2cm (4.6cc) Uterus is 5.7×3.0×4.2 cm in size.
I am suffering from pcod for last 6 months. And also irregular period. I have gain some weight also what can I do please give me some suggestions.
For most people, the screen of a cell phone is the first thing they see in the morning and the last thing they see before going to bed. Nobody can deny the fact that living without a cell phone today is extremely difficult but must we be so glued to them? Staring into a phone or tablet screen, before going to sleep affects your sleep as well as impacts your health. Here's how:
- It is harder to fall asleep - We feel sleepy when the brain releases a hormone called melatonin, which is controlled by the body's circadian rhythm and exposure to light. The blue light of a cell phone screen interferes with this rhythm and indicates the brain not to secrete melatonin, which makes it difficult for us to sleep even after we have switched off our phone.
- It hampers the quality of sleep - A direct effect of sleeping late is that the number of hours are reduced. On top of that, using a cell phone before going to bed also hampers the quality of your sleep. When an office email or a text message is the last thing you see before going to sleep, our brain does not shut down completely, which makes us tense while we sleep.
- It lowers your attention span - When we wake up from a restless night's sleep, our productivity suffers. When we are unable to sleep properly it is known to hamper our decision-making skills, impairs both long-term and short-term memory and distracts us. This leads to unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- It increases the risk of weight gain - The body is more likely to feel hungry when it doesn't get enough sleep. This is because sleep-deprived people have a lower metabolism. Thus using a cell phone before sleeping also increases the chance of snacking on something unhealthy to get through the day and in turn leads to weight gain.
- It weakens your immune system - The body's immune system produces antibodies that fight infections while we are asleep. Depriving the body of the sleep it requires, weakens the immune system by not giving it enough time to build its forces. Not only does this increase the risk of falling ill it also slows down recovery from illnesses.
- It damages your skin - Sleeping late at night and not getting enough sleep can cause dark circles, puffy eyes and fine lines across the face. The blue light of a cell phone screen also tells the body to secrete cortisol which makes the skin less elastic and smooth.
Thus, even if we look at a phone screen for just five minutes every night before going to bed, the side effects last much longer and affect our mental and physical health as well as your looks. In case of a concern or query do consult an expert & get answers to questions!