Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. NeelnathYour feedback matters!
I am recently got diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis in may. HLAB27-positive. I was depressed and devastated. I am 18 years old. Do masturbation be bad for me? Any important thing I need to know. I am mentally very strong to know anything about it and learn every possible thing to make myself better for this devil. Help me, as me your family.
Iam a 18 year old boy, I just started doing joking before 2days, iam now suffering from body pains, what can I do?
Hi sir good evening Today I am asking about a human body benefits when consumption of limited Rum, beer, wine etc. Sir tell me any side effect or any benefits of these drinks in limited consumption Thanks Pradeep.
HI, We got married last December (2014) & ours is a love marriage with parents consent. My wife's age is 21 & myself 25. My wife hardly knows any work, but my mom & I tries to teach every work her very softly. If we show more love & affection and teach politely she turns into non-hearing mode, which means she starts to dominate us & dont learn/work at all. If I start to show some anger she starts to cry & start to learn/work. But I do not want her to have pain while she learn the work. Neither we want to see dominance from her. What is the best way to go forward. We use to love a lot & care for each other before marriage. Still now we love & care each other when things are fine. When things are worst it goes to extreme extent of thinking why did we marry each other. Kindly suggest your opinion. We want to lead a happy life together & forever with my wife learning all the work with out any pain. I cannot see anyone pointing at my wife for not knowing basic house hold activities.
Sir I have a problem. When I got tensed my sweat was released more from my body. And I got nerves. Then my brain doesn't work. And when I see my friends if they are done something great I feel under depression.
Sir. Recently .I was asked by my neighbour to Repair the waterpipe which is buried underground. I went and started to dig for buried pipe. As approaching the pvc pipe. The pipe is covered by clothes. To cut the clothes I asked scissors. And he take one scissors and gave it to me. I started to cut the clothes. Accidentally scissors injured my left thumb and 6 drops of blood came. And I asked ,where he brought the scissors and he said he took it ftom a tailor. But the Tailor is a HIV positive person. I'm caught with fear &anxiety about infection of HIV to me. Another situation also happened same neighbour took me to give electric connections to motor in his farm. I went there and started to make connections .then a person came to us and joined making connections along with me. And he twisted the copper leads of the wires and gave it to me. Then while plastering the twisted connections made by him one pair of wires connected are separated then I twisted them with my hand. Then the copper leads slightly penetrated into my fingers. The previous twisted person having hiv infection. Again I'm caught with the same fear. Again recently I was taking badam milk from a cool drink vendor who himself makes cooldrinks. While drinking it accidentally my tongue was bitten by me and it was bleed while drinking. And I'm getting thoughts if the vendor is having HIV . I also have the possibility to have the infection . I'm obsessed. I'm fully scared. Kindly help me whether I have probability to have infection if no why. If yes how to I diagnosed. kindly help me with my worry.
I often feel lazy and low. I do not feel like eating anything. This ia affecting my health. How can I enhance my mood and health?
With exam time around the corner, the stress is on both parents and students. Some kids spend very less time with books and assimilate all that is there in the books. Other children may have a hard time trying to focus on studies and even harder time in recollecting what they have studied.
What can help improve focus, concentration, and memory? Try some of these tips and identify what works for you and build your own rules.
- Create a suitable environment: Some claim that they study better with the TV or radio on, this is often not true. Get rid of background noises, phone ringtones, etc. This creates “division of attention,” where there is no 100% focus on books. Sit in a quiet environment without any disturbance for better focus. Red walls are believed to improve concentration, so try a red wallpaper, red computer desktop, etc. Sit in the same place and get into a regular routine of studying.
- Draw up a schedule or timetable: Try to finish the tougher subjects or topics first by giving adequate time for these.
- Treat yourself: When you have thoroughly understood a topic or cracked a practice exam well, treat yourself to a bar of chocolate or a video song. You begin to do better in anticipation of these treats.
- Include breaks: A break of 15 minutes every two hours is very essential for the brain to process the information that was pumped in and to get ready for the next lot.
- Work on improving brain power: Learning (memorizing or analyzing) stimulates the brain and improves brain power. So, people who are constantly studying can claim to have better brain power.
- Build a concentration clock: With our attention spans spiralling down, this is very important. Force yourself to sit in one place and study. If you have the urge to break, try to delay it, first by two minutes, then five minutes, and then 10 minutes. This will gradually help you overcome the urge to take breaks.
- Have healthy food: Eating healthy and nutritious food is another habit to develop, if you want to pep up your brain. Ensure your food has sufficient minerals and vitamins. Try eating fresh food and dairy products adequately.
- Follow a systematic sleep routine: If you are not someone who likes to sleep for fixed eight hours, begin doing it. This works wonders for the body and mind like very few other things.
- Exercise regularly: This improves blood circulation to the brain and improves brain functioning. So be it cycling or running, gymming or swimming, take an exercise break. Yoga or meditation are equally efficient.
I am 24 year old male. I have a problem with my memory, I forget the things regularly and consulted a doctor who advised me to take omega 3 tablets regularly. So I want to know is it fine?
Hi, I am Kunal Singh 23 years old I am looking for job but didn't get it, struggle lots but no benefits, that's why I am suffering from depression.
Sir mujhe nind nahi aati hai aur isi wajah se mai bhang khane laga hu lagbhag 4 saal se mai addict ho chuka hu. mai bhang chorna chahta hu.Please do help
I am a smoker. I smoke almost 30 cigarettes a day. I am planning to quit and switched to nico gum and I am able to stop smoking! Are there any side effects I ll face thro nico gum?
Hello sir, I am 35 year old sir I am not in position to decide I am suffering from depression or any decease, several times I meet the doctor they told me I am suffering from depression and they digonos me some medicine but that medicine not suit me after taking that I feel very very uneasy and I feel my body became trembling, lots of doctor digonos me medicine but the same condition I feel, what I do please tell me.
A recent study has found that the walking speed and memory of adults without any teeth decline more rapidly than those who still have some or all of their own teeth.
The study, out of university college of London, studied over 3, 100 British adults over the age of 60 from the English longitudinal study of ageing (elsa), and compared memory and walking speed within the demographic. Published in the journal of the American geriatrics society, the research found that study participants with none of their own teeth performed approximately 10% worse in both walking speed and memory tests than participants that had some natural teeth.
The associations between poorer memory and physical function were more obvious in adults 60-74 years of age than in those over 75.
'tooth loss could be used as an early marker of mental and physical decline in older age, particularly among 60-74 year-olds,' said lead author Dr. Georgios tsakos of the UCL department of epidemiology and public health in a recent college news release. 'regardless of what is behind the link between tooth loss and a decline in function, recognizing excessive tooth loss presents an opportunity for early identification of adults at higher risk of faster mental and physical decline later in their life. There are many factors likely to influence this decline, such as lifestyle and psychosocial factors, which are amenable to change.'
Prior to making conclusions about the associations between tooth loss and memory and physical function decline, researchers adjusted the results for potentially influential factors, such as sociodemographic characteristics, preexisting health problems, socioeconomic status, and education. Despite the adjustments for these factors, people without their own teeth still walked slower than those who still had their teeth.
Hello sir may pichle 7 salse depression may hoon sir meri skin dark hain isliye mujhe 7 salse sharam ati hai sir please give me answer.
Hi I'm 16 . . In My Previous Years I Should Sing Loudly And I Used To Love That . . . But Now In The Last Two Years My Voice Has Been Cracked Matlab Ki Aawaaz Ka Phattna .please Suggest me any Simple Remedies So That I Can Get My Voice Back To Normal .
Your mental and emotional health impacts how you think, feel, and carry on in everyday life. It additionally influences your capacity to adapt to stress, defeat challenges, construct connections, and recover from life's difficulties and hardships. Whether you are hoping to adapt to a particular psychological wellness issue, better manage disagreeable feelings, or essentially need to feel more confident, enthusiastic, and adjusted, there are a lot of things you can do to take control of your emotional health.
Regardless of how sad or defenseless you feel as of now, these systems can help your state of mind, fabricate versatility, and increase your general pleasure in life:
- Remain active: The psyche and the body are naturally connected. When you enhance your physical wellbeing, you will naturally encounter more mental and emotional happiness. Physical movement additionally discharges endorphins, effective chemicals that lift your state of mind and give you energy. Customary practice or action can majorly affect mental and enthusiastic medical issues, mitigate stress, enhance memory, and help you to rest better.
- Oversee stress: At the point when stress gets to be distinctly overpowering, it can harm your state of mind, trigger mental and physical medical issues, and influence your personal satisfaction. As examined above, face-to-face social association and physical action are both instinctual approaches to get rid of stress. In any case, when stress hits, it is not generally practical to have a companion close by to incline toward or to have the capacity to go out for a walk or run.
- Eat a solid eating routine: Unless you have tried to change your eating regimen before, you may not know exactly how much you eat or not eat. This influences the way you think and feel. An unfortunate eating regimen can inflict significant damage on your brain and mindset, disturb your rest, decrease your energy, and weaken your immune system.
- Get enough quality rest: Reducing sleep may appear like a good move when you have a very busy life. However, with regards to your mental and emotional wellbeing, getting enough quality sleep is a need, not a luxury. Skipping even a couple of hours here and there can inflict significant damage on your mind, energy, mental sharpness, and capacity to handle stress. Long-term unending work can wreak destruction on your health.
- Discover reason and importance in life: Everybody determines significance and reason in various ways that include doing things that benefit others, and also yourself. You may consider it an approach to feel required, like yourself, a reason that drives you on, or essentially motivation to get up in the morning. In natural terms, discovering importance and objective is fundamental to mental wellbeing as it can produce new cells and make new neural pathways in the brain.
My child is about 3 years and is not able to speak full sentence he speak only words, shall I wait and watch?
1. Loose weight. Can reduce fatty tissue in the back of the throat and decrease or even stop snoring.
2. Exercise can also help to stop snoring. As well aiding weight loss, exercising your arms, legs, and abs, for example, also leads to toning the muscles in your throat, which in turn can lead to less snoring.
4. Avoid alcohol, sleeping pills, and sedatives because they relax the muscles in the throat and interfere with breathing.
5. Establish regular sleep patterns. Create a healthy bedtime ritual with your partner and stick to it.
6. Clear nasal passages. If you have a stuffy nose, rinse sinuses with saline before bed. If you have allergies, reduce dust mites and pet dander in your bedroom or use an allergy medication. Pt nasoclear nasal drop inboth nostril before sllep.
7. Keep bedroom air moist. Dry air can irritate membranes in the nose and throat, so if swollen nasal tissues are the problem, a humidifier may help.
8. Change your sleeping position. Elevating your head four inches may ease breathing and encourage your tongue and jaw to move forward. Sleep on your side instead of your back.
9. Try an anti-snoring mouth appliance.
10 throat exercises to prevent snoring
A. Repeat each vowel (a-e-i-o-u) out loud for three minutes a few times a day
B. Place the tip of your tongue behind your top front teeth. Slide your tongue backwards for three minutes a day.
C. Close your mouth and purse your lips. Hold for 30 seconds.
D. With mouth open, move jaw to the right and hold for 30 seconds. Repeat on left side.
E. With mouth open, contract the muscle at the back of your throat repeatedly for 30 seconds.
Whether it is winter temperatures dipping, a lower temperature caused due to rains or chills created by air conditioning, the moment our body experiences lower temperatures than it is comfortable with, various forms of aches crop up, esp. if you already have a condition or have been physically hurt.
Winters are typically associated with several types of body pains. Particularly, we’ve seen higher incidences of nerve – related pain, joint pains and vascular pains during the season.
Manage your pains by following these 6 tips:
1. Keep yourself warm: Needless to say, it’s extremely important to keep yourself warm when its gets uncomfortably cold. Clinical research has shown higher incidence of nerve – related, vascular pain and joint pains if your body is exposed to low temperatures for long periods. This is especially true if you are 60+ in age. So, dress appropriately with body warmers, sweaters and jackets
2. Keep yourself physically active: A colder weather reduces average activity levels. An average person walks up to 1,000 lesser steps when its cold. To avoid pain in knees and other joints, it’s especially important to keep up activity levels. Try and take out time for walking in the afternoons or evenings, even if it is inside your house or office.
3. Take care of your diet: It is important to ensure that your intake of Vitamin D, Calcium and Vitamin B complex is adequate. Make sure that your diet remains rich in dal, green leafy vegetables (Vitamin B complex), milk (Calcium) and cheese and egg yolk (Vitamin D).
4. Get enough exposure to sunlight: Lesser exposure to the sun causes Vitamin D deficiency during winters, which can result in fatigue, lethargy and general body pains. Make sure to get at least 15-20 minutes of sunlight exposure, ideally in the mornings around 9am to 10am.
5. Avoid the wrong foods: Actively manage your diseases like diabetes and hypertension to stay pain free. If you suffer from diabetes, make sure that you do not overeat foods with high glycemic index. If you suffer from hypertension, it is important to keep away from spicy and oily foods.
6. Get expert advice: Visit your pain specialist if your pains continue for more than 2 weeks. Be regular with your prescribed pain medications, but strictly avoid self-medication or overuse of painkillers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.