Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. NeeleshYour feedback matters!
- Zika virus disease is caused by a virus transmitted by aedes mosquitoes.
- People with zika virus disease usually have a mild fever, skin rash (exanthema) and conjunctivitis. These symptoms normally last for 2-7 days.
- There is no specific treatment or vaccine currently available.
- The best form of prevention is protection against mosquito bites.
- The virus is known to circulate in africa, the americas, asia and the pacific.
Zika virus is an emerging mosquito-borne virus that was first identified in uganda in 1947 in rhesus monkeys through a monitoring network of sylvatic yellow fever. It was subsequently identified in humans in 1952 in uganda and the united republic of tanzania. Outbreaks of zika virus disease have been recorded in africa, the americas, asia and the pacific.
- Genre: flavivirus
- Vector: aedes mosquitoes (which usually bite during the morning and late afternoon/evening hours)
- Reservoir: unknown
Signs and symptoms
The incubation period (the time from exposure to symptoms) of zika virus disease is not clear, but is likely to be a few days. The symptoms are similar to other arbovirus infections such as dengue, and include fever, skin rashes, conjunctivitis, muscle and joint pain, malaise, and headache. These symptoms are usually mild and last for 2-7 days.
During large outbreaks in french polynesia and brazil in 2013 and 2015 respectively, national health authorities reported potential neurological and auto-immune complications of zika virus disease. Recently in brazil, local health authorities have observed an increase in zika virus infections in the general public as well as an increase in babies born with microcephaly in northeast brazil. Agencies investigating the zika outbreaks are finding an increasing body of evidence about the link between zika virus and microcephaly. However, more investigation is needed before we understand the relationship between microcephaly in babies and the zika virus. Other potential causes are also being investigated.
Zika virus is transmitted to people through the bite of an infected mosquito from the aedes genus, mainly aedes aegypti in tropical regions. This is the same mosquito that transmits dengue, chikungunya and yellow fever.
Zika virus disease outbreaks were reported for the first time from the pacific in 2007 and 2013 (yap and french polynesia, respectively), and in 2015 from the americas (brazil and colombia) and africa (cape verde). In addition, more than 13 countries in the americas have reported sporadic zika virus infections indicating rapid geographic expansion of zika virus.
Zika virus is diagnosed through pcr (polymerase chain reaction) and virus isolation from blood samples. Diagnosis by serology can be difficult as the virus can cross-react with other flaviviruses such as dengue, west nile and yellow fever.
Mosquitoes and their breeding sites pose a significant risk factor for zika virus infection. Prevention and control relies on reducing mosquitoes through source reduction (removal and modification of breeding sites) and reducing contact between mosquitoes and people.
This can be done by using insect repellent; wearing clothes (preferably light-coloured) that cover as much of the body as possible; using physical barriers such as screens, closed doors and windows; and sleeping under mosquito nets. It is also important to empty, clean or cover containers that can hold water such as buckets, flower pots or tyres, so that places where mosquitoes can breed are removed.
Special attention and help should be given to those who may not be able to protect themselves adequately, such as young children, the sick or elderly.
During outbreaks, health authorities may advise that spraying of insecticides be carried out. Insecticides recommended by the who pesticide evaluation scheme may also be used as larvicides to treat relatively large water containers.
Travellers should take the basic precautions described above to protect themselves from mosquito bites.
Zika virus disease is usually relatively mild and requires no specific treatment. People sick with zika virus should get plenty of rest, drink enough fluids, and treat pain and fever with common medicines. If symptoms worsen, they should seek medical care and advice. There is currently no vaccine available.
Who is supporting countries to control zika virus disease through:
- Define and prioritize research into zika virus disease by convening experts and partners.
- Enhance surveillance of zika virus and potential complications.
- Strengthen capacity in risk communication to help countries meet their commitments under the international health regulations.
- Provide training on clinical management, diagnosis and vector control including through a number of who collaborating centres.
- Strengthen the capacity of laboratories to detect the virus.
- Support health authorities to implement vector control strategies aimed at reducing aedes mosquito populations such as providing larvicide to treat standing water sites that cannot be treated in other ways, such as cleaning, emptying, and covering them.
- Prepare recommendations for clinical care and follow-up of people with zika virus, in collaboration with experts and other health agencies.
We loved each other for 3 yrs. 1 year lot of quarrel & misunderstanding and then We married last year in june15. She was from chennai. Took her to bangalore with me. She is not interested in intercourse now. She is avoiding with some reasons like not interested. Take me out I do not like this place & family. But she was interested in sex 3 years before. Can you suggest me some medicine to indulge feelings in her and make interested in sex.
If you’re looking for fiber, potassium, or copper, look no further than dates. While dates are rich in many vital nutrients and therefore offer many health benefits, the fruit is so small that you’ll need to consume a larger quantity to intake the necessary amount.
The following nutritional data outlines some of the key nutrients found in dates, and is based on a 100g serving of the fruit.
- Fiber – 6.7 grams. 27% RDA.
- Potassium – 696 milligrams. 20% RDA.
- Copper – 0.4 milligrams. 18% RDA.
- Manganese – 0.3 milligrams. 15% RDA.
- Magnesium – 54 milligrams. 14% RDA.
- Vitamin B6 – 0.2 milligrams. 12% RDA.
- Note: Dates are high in sugar content – coming in at a whopping 66.5 grams per 100 gram serving of the fruit. It is recommended to lessen sugar consumption as much as possible, even when the sugar is being consumed from fruit.
A Summary Of Dates Health Benefits: Dates Are Great For:
- Weight loss
- Relieving constipation, supporting regular bowel movements
- Promoting heart health, reducing heart disease risk
- Iron-deficiency anemia
- Reducing blood pressure
- Promoting respiratory and digestive health
- Pregnancy deliveries
- Hemorrhoid prevention
- Chronic conditions such as arthritis
- Reducing colitis risk
- Preventing colon cancer.
1.Constipation: Dates are often categorized as a laxative food. This is why they are so frequently eaten by people suffering from constipation. In order to achieve the desired laxative effect of it, you should soak them in water over night. Then, eat the soaked dates in the morning like syrup to get the most optimal results. Dates havehigh level of soluble fiber, which is essential in promoting healthy bowel movements and the comfortable passage of food through the intestinal tract, which can relieve symptoms of constipation.
2. Anemia: Dates have a high mineral content, which is beneficial for many different health conditions, but their impressive levels of iron make them a perfect dietary supplement for people suffering from anemia. The high level of iron balances out the inherent lack of iron in anemic patients, increasing energy and strength, while decreasing feelings of fatigue and sluggishness.
3. Sexual Weakness: Studies have shown that dates are even beneficial for increasing sexual stamina. Soak a handful of dates in fresh goat’s milk over night, then grind them in the same milk with a mixture of cardamom powder and honey. This mixture becomes a very useful tonic for increasing sexual endurance and reducing sterility caused by various sexual disorders. The science behind this phenomenon is largely due to traditional usage which stimulated formal research. the effects of date palms and their oil on sexual functioning and found that the high levels of estradiol and flavonoid components of dates are what increase sperm count and motility, as well as promoting increased testes size and weight. So, if you are looking for a masculine boost, eat some dates, because they are a great natural aphrodisiac!
I was having sex and my condom breaks and now I am worried about hiv virus can you tell me what should I do now to prevent hiv.
Sometimes, little bit of White fluid comes out of my friend's (girl) nipples. Some say it's nipplegasm. Please tell us what is this.
• Allium sulphur compounds: Leeks, onions, garlic
• Anthocyanins: Eggplant, grapes, berries
• Beta carotene: Pumpkin, mangoes, apricots, carrots, spinach, parsley
• Catechins: Red wine, tea
• Copper: Seafood, lean meat, milk, nuts, legumes
• Cryptoxanthins: Red peppers, pumpkin, mangoes
• Flavonoids: Tea, green tea, red wine, citrus fruits, onion, apples
• Indoles: Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower
• Lignans: Sesame seeds, bran, whole grains, vegetables
• Lutein: Corn, leafy greens (such as spinach)
• Lycopene: Tomatoes, pink grapefruit, watermelon
• Manganese: Seafood, lean meat, milk, nuts
• Polyphenols: Thyme, oregano
• Selenium: Seafood, offal, lean meat, whole grains
• Vitamin C: Oranges, berries, kiwi fruit, mangoes, broccoli, spinach, peppers
• Vitamin E: Vegetable oils, nuts, avocados, seeds, whole grains
• Zinc: Seafood, lean meat, milk, nuts
M 29 years old female n weight us 60 kg. My due date of period was 9 n last period was 8 april. I went fir the hcg test n result was positive. How many days of pregnancy is going on and what kind of precaution should I take? Plz suggest me.
Respected doctors I am 34 years female and married for 10 yrs, I lives in haryana. I am feeling massive lower back pain. The center of pain is just up on my hip Bones. This pain caused due to I got problem in my periods timing usually. Last time I got my period properly near 15 th june, then after one month near 15th july I got little bleeding first day after then next day bleeding had stopped. And I got pain in my lower back for 4 to 5 days then I got normal. Now I do not have my periods properly too although I noticed few drops of bleeding in between 16 to 17 in August but I am suffering by massive pain for 10 days even unable to walk. What treatment is perfect beneficial for me advise.
Sir/mam m having lower body pain n feeling some sound in vagina n also having increase in white discharge. Is there any serious problem or what please help me.
My mom is feeling tickling sensation in thighs from last 2 years. Asking our personal doctor he advised that it is because of deficiency of complex so he prescribed nurokind next and trysin H. It worked also but when she stop taking pills it again starts. I want to ask whether it is really because of complex or it is something else because she is continuously taking pills from long time. Her age is 58. Please revert soon.
I am 23 y old house wife. I have pregnant from 1.5 month for some day before I am feeling twisted in my stomach (like that marode) & feeling less hunger. Today I have use acilo 150 mg tablet, after tablet use I am going toilet every after 5 minute & feeling cool.
I am nisha 24 years old I suffering last two month with reducing monthly periods problem. Reducing the 4 to 2 days.
How can a person be infected with STD like AIDS ? I want to know every case by which this can happen , by sex or anything else ?
My last period was on 6 dec 16 I had sex on 27 dec 16 I have cycle of 26 to 28 days what are the chances of getting pregnant.
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue. While hormone replacement therapy is the most common procedure to provide relief from menopausal symptoms, natural homeopathic remedies can also be used for the same. These remedies are completely safe as opposed to hormone replacement therapy which has a number of side effects.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly.
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia.
- Aconitum napellus (wolf's bane) is a flowering plant and its extracts can reduce panic attacks, heat flushes, over excitability and depressive symptoms.
- Argentum nitricum is a nitrate compound of silver which is used to control excessive bleeding in the pre-menstrual stages.
- Belladonna (deadly nightshade) is beneficial for a large number of symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, insomnia, frequent urination, osteoporosis, abnormal weight gain and other nervous disorders.
- Bryonia alba, a flowering plant, is used as a remedy for vaginal infections, rashes and vaginal dryness that are common during menopause.
- Natrum muriaticum, in small amounts, helps to reduce stress. Stress can cause problems in thyroid function, cognitive functioning, digestive system functioning and it can elevate blood pressure levels rapidly.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is a common homeopathic medicine for nausea, vomiting and indigestion. These problems are seen frequently in menopausal women, especially after meals at night.
Related Tip : "Is Postmenopausal Bleeding Normal??"