Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neelam PatilYour feedback matters!
Gd morning sir/Mam Is it possible to grow new hair. I have a big problem of hair loss? How to control it & how make my remaining hair more strong? Please suggest me what to do? Thanking you.
Im Habitual of a cream called neo-clobenate gm. Now a doctor consult me to take mahamajisthadi kada. I drink it frm last 10 days. But there is no result of my face. Now the pimples grows quickly and turns very red in color. What shld I do Now.
I am having pimples on my face due to summers which problem is exactly known as acne. How can I treat myself.
Dear sir/mam, meri age 19+ hai or meri body me hair bhut hai jaise chest, leg, face, shoulder, arms, back ise control krne ya reduce krne kaa koi solution btaye. Maine hair reduce krne ke liye bareever hair inhibitor bhi liya hai kya mai ise use kr skta hoo. Please mere dono question ka answer dena. I am thankfull to you.
I am 21 year old. I get irritation from on my face from two days. My face skin became very dry. And my face fill up with lot of tan. What I have to do?
Hi. I have skin pigmentation on either side of my cheeks from past five years. I tried melaglow melforte but it dint work out. And May be cuz of the present weather my skin has become too oily and I luk dull. Please assist me.
Hi. I am 26 years old female having acne problem. Earlier during my teenage, I suffered a lot from this problem and my face was full of acne but now it has reduced to much extent leaving scars and still I am not fully able to get rid from acne. I consulted many dermatologists for this. Some of them say that it will be reduced only after marriage. I would like to mention here that earlier I suffered from had delayed periods but now it is OK. Hence, I want to know if I can get rid of this problem? Also a few months back, I had a garlic burn which has left scar on my face. What is the remedy to get rid of this? Please help.
The damaging effects of the sun, old age and acne can leave your skin with wrinkles, unwanted marks and several other skin disorders. If you are seeking to reverse these skin conditions and get rid of minor facial flaws, then laser skin resurfacing could be the answer. Laser skin resurfacingis a cosmetic procedure, which helps in rejuvenation of the skin and removing wrinkles, spots, blemishes and scars. It’s a safe and convenient procedure and provides great results.
Also known as skin resurfacing, fractional resurfacing, and laser peel, laser skin resurfacing works by removing the damaged outer layers of the skin. The production of collagen and new skin cells is also stimulated. Undertaking this procedure can make the skin look smooth and young.
During the procedure, a laser is utilized, which dissolves the molecular bonding of the damaged cells. This is continued, layer by layer, until the appearance of the skin gets smoother and more even and the damaged skin layers are peeled off.Laser skin resurfacing can be performed to different depths, according to your desired requirement. Different devices are used for laser skin resurfacing and thus, the procedure can be divided into several types. The procedure type depends on the type of laser used.
The different types of lasers used are:
- CO2 lasers: This procedure is the highest intensity laser skin resurfacing treatment. After using CO2 lasers, the skin surface becomes tighter and much smoother. The laser restricts collagen bonds. CO2 lasers help in diminishing or eliminating scars, wrinkles, warts and birthmarks. CO2 lasers are also used in the basic stages of cancer treatment.
- Erbium lasers: Erbium lasers are capable of removing the thin layers of the skin. It is not so powerful as CO2 lasers, but the process is much more precise. This laser skin resurfacing is usually carried out in people with a dark complexion as the risk of permanent changes to skin pigmentation is less. The healing period is short. These lasers are used for treating minimal wrinkles or lines.
- Fraxel lasers: Fraxel laser skin resurfacing procedure is different from the other two laser treatment methods. This procedure is non-invasive and much fewer side effects are experienced. A patient has to undergo several sessions on this therapy for full rejuvenation of the skin.
When to consider this process?
- If you have wrinkles in your face, especially around the mouth and eyes, and sagging skin in the lower eyelid area.
- If your face has blotchiness and age spots.
- If you have irregular colour tones on your face
- If you have scars and leathery skin
What is achieved?
A laser skin resurfacing enhances your skin’s smoothness and tightness. All kinds of facial lines, wrinkles and scars can be removed. The overall texture of the skin also improves, which is relatively long-lasting. Skin growths like moles and warts can also be removed using this procedure. Any kind of scar resulting due to a previous surgery can also be eliminated permanently.There are different modes of this type of skin resurfacing, and you can avail the best one that fits your requirement.