Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neela PatankarYour feedback matters!
I have got periods for 2 days and the after a week I got periods for 3 full days. I am planning to conceive. Please suggest. Thanks.
Heel pain is a very common foot complaint and may involve injury to the bone, fat pad, ligaments, tendons or muscles. Heel pain can also be referred by a pinched nerve in your lower back.
It is important to have your heel pain thoroughly assessed to ensure an accurate diagnosis and subsequent treatment.
Anyone can suffer from heel pain, but certain groups seem to be at increased risk, including:
Middle aged men and women
Active people eg running sports
People who are very overweight
Children aged between 8 and 13 years
People who stand for long periods of time.
Common sources of heel pain
Achilles tendon rupture
Achilles tendonitis / tendinitis
High ankle sprain
Muscle strain (muscle pain)
Stress fracture feet
Common causes of heel pain?
Some of the many causes of heel pain can include:
Abnormal walking style (such as rolling the feet inwards)
Ill-fitting shoes eg narrow toe, worn out shoes
Standing, running or jumping on hard surfaces
Recent changes in exercise program
Heel trauma eg. Stress fractures
Bursitis (inflammation of a bursa)
Health disorders, including diabetes and arthritis.
Heel pain treatment
Most heel pain is caused by a combination of poor biomechanics, or muscle weakness or tightness. The good news is that heel pain can be effectively managed once the cause is identified.
Most heel pain can be successfully treated via:
Pain and pressure relief techniques
Biomechanical correction eg orthotics, taping, foot posture exercises
Muscle stretches and massage
Lower limb muscle strengthening
Proprioceptive and balance exercises to stimulate your foot intrinsic muscles.
If you feel that your footwear or sports training schedule are potentially causing your heel pain, then we recommend that you seek the advice of a sports physiotherapist, podiatrist or trained footwear specialist (not just a shop assistant) to see if your shoe is a match for your foot; or discuss your training regime to see if you are doing too much.
Heel pain and injury are extremely common. With accurate assessment and early treatment most heel pain injuries respond extremely quickly to physiotherapy allowing you to quickly resume pain-free and normal activities of daily living.
Please ask you physiotherapist for their professional treatment advice.
Is there any chAnces of pregnancy if period is not at date. Or how to protect to become pregnant. Plss reply.
Fresh, juicy cantaloupe with slices ready to eat
The cantaloupe is a melon that belongs to the same family as the cucumber, squash, pumpkin and gourd, and like many of its relatives, it grows on the ground on a trailing vine. It is round or oval in shape and usually has a ribless rind. Having a distinctive netted skin, it is also referred to as netted melon. Many of the cantaloupes available today are hybrids of muskmelons and true cantaloupes and have qualities that reflect both.
Cantaloupes range in color from orange-yellow to salmon and have a soft and juicy texture with a sweet, musky aroma that emanates through the melon when it is ripe. Cantaloupes feature a hollow cavity that contains their seeds encased in a web of netting.
Health Benefits of Cantaloupe
- Cantaloupe is very helpful in improving lung health for smokers.
- Cantaloupe is a Superfood for skin because just one serving (1/4 medium melon) is an excellent source of vitamins A and vitamin C. These vitamins encourages the skin cell turnover and supports the formation of collagen the connective tissues that give your skin its elasticity and youthful fullness.
- It is good for complexion and digestion.
- Cantaloupe has potassium. It helps in rebalancing the heartbeat and sends oxygen to the brain and regulates the body's water balance.
- It has high content of folate (folic acid), which prevents neural tube defects in infants.
Beneficial in the Following Illnesses
i am 19 year old. Sir I have sex with my girlfriend 1 month before. And she is not suffering from mains. What will I do. She is unmarried and she does not want to pregnant. So what can I do for best result.
I hv got married before 2 months. After having IC half of the sperms gets out from me. I wanna conceive a baby. What could I do? Please help me.
pregnancy test (prega) is negative. Is there still chance of pregnancy? She is having scanty bleeding and back pain.
My complain started with sanitary pad infection. When I switched to whisper from stayfree. At that time I took medicine lynx 500 for 2-3 days and steroid mixed creams. Then.i stopped but I was not relieved completely .then suddenly one day I noticed rashes in my inner thighs. That was kind of ringworm infection. I again applied steroids. That got healed in 2-3 days. But since then I am having severe itching in inner thighs. Which is slowly slowly spreading downwards and also towards vagina. Only itching. Its almost 3 months I am suffering from all this. I am shy to show it to some doctor. I am married. My husband is also having same symptoms since last one month.
A woman's sexual desire never remains the same. It fluctuates with a woman’s menstrual cycle, age, mental state and health. Life changes like pregnancy, menopause and social dynamics like family relationships and stress at work affect her libido. But there are other reasons which are more ‘chemical’ for a woman’s sexual highs and lows, as we shall soon see. Before we get to the symptoms and reasons for low libido in women, let’s define what low sexual drive is.
If a woman has persistent or recurrent lack of sexual interest, she may be suffering from hypoactive sexual desire disorder or low sex drive. This is the most common form of sexual dysfunction among women of all ages.
Common symptoms of low sex drive are
- No interest in any type of sexual activity, like touching, kissing or even self-stimulation
- Absence of sexual fantasies or thoughts
Physical causes which lead to low sex drive in women
- Diseases: Arthritis, cancer, back pain, diabetes, high BP, coronary artery disease and neurological diseases can affect arousal and sexual enjoyment in women.
- Low testosterone: This male hormone affects sexual drive in both men and women. The levels of testosterone peak in the 20s in women and then decline, which means older women have lower sex drives than younger ones. The levels tank dramatically after menopause.
- Medications: Use of antidepressants and anti-seizure medications can cause low sex drive in women and so can certain blood pressure lowering drugs, and oral contraceptives. These drugs affect libido in many ways like decreasing available testosterone levels or affecting blood flow.
- Disorders: Conditions like thyroid dysfunction, endometriosis and fibroids are all libido dampeners.
- Hormonal changes: Estrogen levels fall during menopause. This affects sexual desire and may lead to dry vagina syndrome, causing pain during sex. Pregnancy and breast-feeding also take a toll on female desire as these bring about massive changes in her body image along with numbing fatigue.
- Anxiety and depression
- Poor body image
- Low self-esteem
- Physical or sexual abuse
- Negative sexual experiences
- Alcohol and drug use
Since sexual desire in women is so complex and multi-dimensional, relationships, emotional state of a woman, her sense of well-being, as well as closeness and chemistry have a role to play. However, low sexual desire has to be recognized as such, to be cured. The cure for low libido is not just physical, but it is usually a multi-pronged strategy including social, psychological and emotional factors. But we assure you that a visit to a doctor, lifestyle changes and medications can help you get into the mood more often. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.