Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Namrata RanwadkarYour feedback matters!
My father age is 54. Recently now a days my father is facing pain problem every where can't sleep properly at night.
My son is 5 years old , he is facing ADHD problem, and doctor prescribed a medication Axepta 10 mg , is it safe to use the medicine at this age, is there any particular diet for this problem, or is there any alternative medication . Please guide me.
I am 26 year male. I have serious problem in sex. I can't stay for long time. It just over in 2 minutes. Please solve my problem.
In night my wife have felling of urine that never end, she is continuously going to urine. In day or evening she is fine.
I am suffering from loose motion from 2 days and feels like vomiting all time and bit of sickness. What should I do?
I don't do more masturbation probably once in 15 days still my penis becomes weaker I don't gent erection during day time and it looks very thin but during sleeping at night penis gets erection how can I get rock hard erection and thickness of penis any home remedy like garlic.
My nose is blocked, running and I have a problem in breathing, my situation remains like this only every month, therefore what medicine shall I take?
Sometimes, when it comes to problems in the abdominal area, an ultrasound is not clear enough for a diagnosis. In such cases, an Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) may be performed. This procedure gives the doctor a clear view of the duodenum, bile duct, pancreatic ducts, gallbladder and papilla of Vater.
This procedure is usually performed under intravenous sedation without general anesthesia. This procedure involves the use of a duodenoscope, which can be described as a thin, long, flexible tube with a camera at one end. It also has a fiber optic bundle that transmits lights to the camera and a chip to transmit video images to a TV screen.
This is inserted through the patient’s mouth and sent down the throat through the food pipe to the stomach and duodenum while the patient is lying on his or her back. The air pipe is left undisturbed so as to not interfere with the patient’s breathing. Since the patient is not under general anesthesia, he or she can move and turn according to the doctor’s needs. The papilla of Vater is a small nipple like structure with an opening to the bile duct and pancreatic duct. Once this has been identified, a small plastic catheter is passed through the duodenoscope into the bile duct or pancreatic duct through the papilla. Dye is then injected into the area and X-rays are taken of the bile ducts and pancreatic duct. In cases where a biopsy is needed, other instruments can also be passed through the endoscope. Plastic or metal stents can also be passed through this to relieve obstructions in the bile ducts and pancreatic ducts.
ERCP can be used to diagnose and treat a number of conditions in the liver, bile ducts, gall bladder, pancreas and papilla of Vater. These include:
• Blockage of the bile duct by gallstones, cancer, scars, tumors or compression from adjacent organs.
• Jaundice due to an obstructed bile duct. This can also cause light stools and dark urine.
• Persistent upper abdominal pain
• Unexplained weight loss and loss of appetite
• Diagnosing a Dysfunctioning Sphincter of Oddi within the Papilla of Vater
ERCP can also be used to confirm pancreatic cancer and cancer of the bile duct. Once the diagnosis is confirmed, the doctors can customize treatment according to the patient’s needs.
since 2000 I am a sugar patient I am taking insulin but my glucose level is fasting 150 and pp not less than 250 what I do please advice me.
Scientists have concluded that sugar stimulates the exact same centers of the brain, which derive pleasure out of heroin or cocaine. For those who are addicted to sugar, getting off it leads to intense cravings and withdrawal symptoms. If you have an uncontrollable urge to devour something sweet, you probably have sugar addiction too. Sugar is known to release dopamine and opioids, which not only makes it addictive, but makes it extremely difficult for you to overcome the withdrawal symptoms.
Mentioned below are 5 signs to figure out if you are addicted to sugar:
- Despite being full or not hungry, you consume certain foods due to cravings
- You worry about consuming certain foods and cutting down on them
- You overeat and then feel fatigued or sluggish
- Despite negative consequences that affect your health and cause social problems, you continue eating or overeating certain foods
- You try to eliminate any negative emotion by consuming the foods you crave and experience pleasure.
If you suffer from the aforementioned problems, you should seriously consider sugar detox or food rehab. Sugar and foods containing high levels of sugar causes behavioral changes, nutrient deficiency or imbalance, impairs your body and immunity system leading to an increased risk of illnesses and diseases. Sugar is also known to feed cancer cells and obesity. Fungi, which are living organisms, thrive on sugar and feed on it to reproduce and function properly leading to most infections. However, it is never too late to break your sugar habit.
Mentioned below are 5 ways to fight your sugar addiction:
- Substitute sweets with whole foods
- Ditch artificial sweeteners
- Clean your house
- Create a backup plan
- Manage your magnesium levels
Although, sugar withdrawal symptoms vary from individual to individual, they usually last for about 3 to 4 weeks. Withdrawing from sugar can be extremely difficult and causes the following symptoms in you, which will sorely tempt you into giving in to your cravings:
- Feeling lightheaded
- Craving for sugar
- Binge eating
- Irritability and moodiness
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Muscular aches
- Flu symptoms
My mom age is 44 years she is suffering from head pain last 15 years. When she take painkiller she will ok till painkiller's effect . She always have head pain ones or twice in a week. Where can I get her for her cure ?
Sir I am 55year old blood pressure blood sugar my disease. I have suffers urine problem. A white dust show on my penis everyday. I saw it last one year how can I cure from it.
I feel a lot of sensation in my palm and below side of my foot. My foot and palm is always hot to touch and it makes me feel irritating. I'm 25 year old and my weight is 80 kg. What should I do? Any home remedies for this?
Good Afternoon Doctor, I am 23 yrs old and of female gender. I have some problems like headache almost all the day and vomiting sensation. I am unable to eat other tastes except curd rice. Though I am eating less I am gaining weight. Can I know the reasons for this all problems. Thankyou in Advance.
What is diuretics. IS all medicines are diuretics which of the following medicine is diuretic emset, pantpo dsr, etoshine and urimax.
Ovarian cysts are a common development in many women. Cysts are sacs filled with fluid which are formed in the female ovaries. Most cysts are harmless and do not even show any symptoms. However, some cysts do show outward symptoms like heavy bleeding, clotting, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain during the menstrual cycle, and pain during sex.
If you feel any of the above-mentioned discomforts, it will be in your best interest to consult a gynaecologist and get a check-up done. Most cysts are manageable unless they are very severe. In fact, it is best that cysts come to light at the right time and are efficiently managed, unless they develop into severe issues in the future.
Management of cysts
- Oftentimes, medical practitioners resort to what is called ‘watchful waiting’.
- At times, ovarian cysts disappear in a few months.
- It is recommended to take a blood test and an ultrasound to see the progress of the cyst.
- If you have already experienced menopause, then these tests are carried out every four months. This is because in such cases the risk of an ovarian cancer is at its highest and regular monitoring of the cyst is necessary.
Treatment of cysts
Ovarian cysts can be treated in their earlier stages. Here are some of the most popular treatments.
- Laparoscopy is one of the most popular treatments. It is a surgery carried out under general anaesthesia. The tummy is cut to a radius of a key hole and a laparoscope is inserted. This helps the doctor to see the internal organs, which is then used to remove the cyst. This method is less painful and has a quick recovery time.
- Laparotomy is the other method used for removing a cyst. In case the cyst is large, then one single large hole is made in the body to access the cyst. At times, the cyst and the ovaries are removed and sent for further laboratory inspection. This inspection is done to detect whether the samples are cancerous or not. This procedure is more complex than the previous one and might need the patient to stay in the hospital for a few days.
- In case you have a cancerous cyst, then your reproductive part itself would have to be removed rendering you barren for your life.
Ovarian cyst is very much treatable and is best to be detected at an earlier stage for better and faster treatment. Thus, it is best to go for regular check-ups and report in case of any disturbing symptoms.