Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NainaYour feedback matters!
My husband wants to have anal sex. Is it harmful. What precautions needs to be taken if we want to try this?
I am 32 and my wife is 26 she just had had family planing operation before one month so like to know after how much time we can restart our sex life.
Condoms is common method of contraceptive but I can't enjoy with my wife through condoms so tel me best contraceptive method.
I am 26 year old and my weight is around 72. I have pcod and insulin resistance. I had taken glycomet for 5 years but the meds combined with Diane 35 were making me depressed. I am stopped them. Now I am continuously putting on weight. Should I start the med again? What should I do?
This yummy drink is made with curd which is excellent for digestion, cardio-vascular health, skeletal system, skin and overall immunity. It is a rich source of calcium, vitamin d.
#2. Sugarcane juice
Sugarcane pieces – 2
Ginger – a small piece
Lemon – 1
Water – 1 cup
Peel the outer layer of the sugar cane. Cut it into small pieces and put in the blender with water and ginger. Blend and extract the juice. Add sugar if required and a dash of lemon juice.
#3. Sweet lime lassi
You know how good curd is. This version of lassi has sweet lime in it.
Sweet lime contains vitamin c and it is good for digestion, ulcers, respiratory problems, immune system and is known for its anti-cancerous properties. It is also good to keep urinary infections away.
It is especially good for the summers as it helps to treat dehydration and heatstroke!
Good as an appetizer/after meal drink, solkadi is also made with kokum/sol.
There are two varieties that you can make. One with coconut milk and the other without. While making solkadi for kids, you can omit chillies so they will relish it.
#5. Minty lemonade
You must have heard of using lemon water the first thing in the morning. But they have other uses too. You know lemons are rich sources of vitamin c. It helps to strengthen the immunity, help you deal with allergies, reduce chances of stroke and cancer and increasing iron absorption. It also helps to maintain a healthy complexion.
Apart from adding freshness, mint is good for the digestive system. It helps to fight cold, cough, allergies etc.
Buttermilk is yummy and a great summer drink for your little one. Know what the best part is, you can have many varieties of this humble drink. Don’t believe me? read all about variety buttermilk recipes for toddlers and kids.
#7. Pomegranate juice
This berry packs a punch. It fights inflammation, lower blood pressure, heart diseases, joint pain, arthritis etc. It is used to combat fungal and bacterial infections. There are talks that it is good against cancer, but it hasn’t been proven yet.
#8. Easy panagam
This drink is made and offered to the lord during ram navami. But it is loaded with benefits and makes a yummy summer drink as well. You know the benefits of lemon. In this drink lemon is joined by jaggery, cardamom powder, dry ginger powder with water.
Jaggery is said to be better than sugar due to its many benefits. It is good to fight the flu and boosts the immunity. It is good for the liver and purifies the blood. It helps to treat anemia, blood pressure, joint paint, respiratory problems etc. It is also good to regulate the body temperature.
Cardamom and dry ginger powder are spices that bring in their own benefits to this yummy drink. You can add one of two leaves of tulsi to this drink
#9. Sapodilla banana shake
Bananas are rich in calories, so if you worry that your little one is not gaining weight then this shake is a great choice. Bananas coupled with yet another calorie dense ingredient in this shake makes it awesome. That is right, sapodillas or chikoos are a tasty option to gain some healthy weight.
The best thing about this drink is that kids love the sweet taste and because of that it doesn’t require any sweeteners either.
#10. Tender coconut water
This kept me going through the hot summers when I was pregnant. This contains dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals. It also contains electrolytes too making it a wonderful energy drink for summer.
Offering your child some yummy coconut juice will make him/her feel energized during the harsh summer months.
#11. Papaya date shake
Papaya in a shake might sound a bit unappealing to kids. But the ripe fruit tastes yummy and with dates for company this makes a delicious drink. Papayas contain anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals. This fruit is good for the digestive tract, immunity, arthritis, heart diseases etc.
Dates will help to keep the energy levels high. Apart from that it is good against constipation, cholesterol etc. Dates are good as it contains many vital vitamins and minerals. It is also good for patients suffering from anemia.
#12. Rose sharbat
Rose sharbat is another summer cooler that kids will love. It will help to keep your little one cool. Rose is usually not the first thought that comes to your mind when you think of health. But then this drink will change your opinion about roses.
#13. Coconut milk and chikoo shake
Did you know that coconut milk and chikoo makes a great duo? I didn’t know till I tried this yummy drink. Coconut milk is also rich in many nutrients and helps in keeping your skin and hair healthy. Apart from that coconut milk helps to make everything tasty!
#14. Cucumber watermelon cooler
Transform your normal watermelon juice by adding some cucumber juice too! you know that watermelons are mostly water. It also contains anti-oxidants, vitamins and is excellent to hydrate the body. Probably why watermelon is associated with summer.
#15. Sarsaparilla extract juice
Sarsaparilla is our very own nannari/ naruneendi. It is known to cool the body down and hence is excellent for summer.
You get nannari syrup from shops but you can easily make it at home. You can get sarsaparilla roots from shops that sell ayurvedic medicines/herbs.
#16. Kokum sharbat
Kokum (garcinia indica) is used in dishes in the goa and maharashtra belt. It helps to cure digestive ailments and keeps flatulence away. It is also an effective anti-histamine.
Kokum sharbat will help to cool you down during the worst of summers and will help in keeping you refreshed. Kids will definitely love the taste!
Tips to remember:
1. Always consume juices immediately after they are prepared. Or else they will oxidize and won’t be as good.
2. If there is any leftover juice, don’t leave it outside as it can get spoiled in the heat.
While juices are a good way to sneak some nutrients into your little one’s body, too much will cause your child to reject other food. It is true that they need a lot of fluids, but not so much that they give up eating anything solid.
3. Too much juices may also cause loosies in your little one.
4. Avoid letting your child walk around with sipper/bottles with juice. The sugar (even the naturally sweet juices) will cause their teeth to rot.
5. Make sure the fruits are washed thoroughly before you juice it.
Requesting for a quick and confirm response. I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 27th August and she had ipill (ecp) after 6 hours of Intercourse. After 4 days i.e. On 1st September she started bleeding and the bleeding continued for 4 days. We have done four home urine pregnancy test and the results came NEGATIVE. All the tests were done after 21 days of Intercourse. We even did a BHCG test on 17th October which was exactly 7 weeks after unprotected sex. The result was <1.20. I have two questions. please help me out. 1st. Is she pregnant or do we have to worry about pregnancy? 2nd: no bleeding has taken place after September. Why? please help us out.
Hi my wife is blessed by a beautiful baby girl 1 months ago on July 2016 questions is we can have Sex now?
I and my girl frnd had sex. On 4-5-16. We not used any safety. She get her period at 18-5-16. She had cycle of 28 days. Is there any chance of getting pregnancy.
Hello doctor my first baby is 7 years. He is very naughty and undecipline child. So mane 2nd chance nahi liya. But doctor sabhi jane bolate hai 2child hone chihiye and hame bhi kabhi kabhi lagta hai wo akela rah jayega .but I can not decide them ki what can I do .kuch bolate hai 2nd chance le lo and kuch bolate hai ab mat lo pura genration gap ho jayega dono child mai .i m so confused. And what can I do kuch bhi samaj nahi raha.
1) rocking immune system: regular sex ensures higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders.
2) lowers blood pressure: one landmark study found that sexual intercourse specifically (not masturbation) lowered systolic blood pressure.
3) great exercise: sex is a really great form of exercise. It is a muscular exercise that burns calories and increases your heart rate.
4) lowers heart attack risk: great sex life is good for your heart. It not just raises your heart rate, sex helps keep your estrogen and testosterone levels in balance.
5) reduces pain: getting an orgasm can block pain. Vaginal stimulation can block chronic back and leg pain, and can reduce menstrual cramps, arthritic pain, and in some cases even headache.
6) improves sleep: people usually dose of quickly after sex and tend to get a sound sleep.
7) relieves stress: sexual arousal releases a brain chemical that revs up your brain's pleasure and reward system. Sex and intimacy relieve you of stress and boost your self-esteem and happiness too.
8) reduces risk of prostate cancer: a study, published in the journal of the american medical association revealed that men who ejaculated frequently (at least 21 times a month) were less likely to get prostate cancer.
9) helps women's bladder control: incontinence, a problem that affects about 30% of women at some point in their lives is helped with a regular sex. Good sex is like a workout for their pelvic floor muscles. An orgasm causes contractions in those muscles thus strengthening them.
Physiotherapy and sleep paralysis have a deep connection when you have to treat sleep paralyses the intelligent way. To discover the benefits of physiotherapy in healing sleep paralysis, let's get a clear understanding of sleep paralyses first and then the role of physiotherapy.
What is sleep paralysis and its common causes?
Sleep paralysis is a sleeping disorder, its symptoms are such that you suddenly feel in the middle of the night or in mid sleep that you can't move, react, talk, etc. and feel that your body has frozen. This immobility is accompanied with frightful or eerie visions or sounds, which are not the reality and you still hallucinate.
This is often caused because of the following reasons, which are considered common causes of sleep paralysis:
- A medical condition called narcolepsy
- No fixed time of sleeping and waking, thus creating imbalance in sleep patterns
- Inadequate sleep through the 24 hours
- Excessive stress and workload
- Alcohol consumption or drug abuse
- A bad diet like heavy meals at night before bedtime
- Extreme caffeine consumption
If any of these things are common, you may get a sleep paralysis.
Physiotherapy in healing sleep paralysis:
If it is a one night episode, you will eventually forget this. However, in case you are a victim every night or frequently, you may need some good remedies. Medications may not suit all, but physiotherapy is a safe mode of treatment, which suits all and people of all ages. That is why try physiotherapy for sleep paralysis at home or by going to a nearest physiotherapy center or expert.
How physiotherapy helps
Physiotherapy has some unique benefits like:
- It brings a balance in blood circulation through the body, which helps in lowering the blood pressure, normalize mood, reduce stress, and makes the blood flow to the body organs and brain better, thus inducing a good night's sleep.
- The exercise induced on to the body through physiotherapy has a dual effect. It makes the muscles workout, and induces the massage effect too. This makes the muscles more mobile, and brings warmth on the tissues. That is why exercising before bedtime can help you get a very peaceful sleep without fearful dreams and interferences of sleep paralysis attacks.
- You get a better mood due to increased blood circulation and the feeling of well-being due to the agile and worked out muscles. This good mood and satisfaction after a nice physiotherapy session sometime before you sleep lets the serotonin or happiness and satisfaction hormone build up in the body and brain. This makes you sleep without stress and in a nice mood thus resisting sleep paralysis.
I have pcod with cysts in both ovaries measuring 2-4mm. What is the severity of the condition and how much difficulty will it pose in conceiving?
When I press my wife nipples, they leaks such as milk. My wife is of 42 having two females. We are using ayurveda contraceptive. No lump seen in her breast. Why milk secretion starts after pressing, she is not pregnant.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend after which she took an iPill. 5 days later she started bleeding, which I believe is withdrawal bleeding. Does that mean the pill was effective? Also is unprotected sex safe while she has withdrawal bleeding? Please help.
My fiance gave me a finger job claiming no fluids on his finger. I am a virgin. Any possibilities of getting pregnant. He claimed no semen was inserted and the finger didn't go too far it was just at the tip of my vagina.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a disorder of the endocrine system in women. It has been found that women suffering from PCOS have enlarged ovaries. These bigger ovaries contain fluids called follicles. During an ultrasound examination, these follicles are seen. If you are suffering from irregular or prolonged menstrual periods, acne, obesity and uncontrolled hair growth, you can get yourself tested for PCOS. However, doctors have failed to determine the exact cause of PCOS. This condition can have dangerous consequences and affect the overall health of the patient. If left untreated, it can cause type 2 diabetes or heart diseases.
What happens in PCOS?
Women suffering from this disorder experience a hormonal imbalance in their body. The hormone changes triggers multiple issues in the body. Sometimes, body produces excess of sex hormone. Women may develop masculine features due to over-production of male hormones or androgens. There might be imbalance in insulin levels, increasing the risk of developing diabetes.
What causes PCOS?
Surprisingly, the exact cause of PCOS is not known. Researchers have not been able to pinpoint the exact cause for developing PCOS. However, some believe that the cause has hereditary links.
Symptoms of PCOS
The symptoms of PCOS are usually mild in nature during the initial stage. In the beginning, only few symptoms are detectable. These include acne, obesity, extra hair growth on face, thinning of hair on the scalp and irregular periods. The symptoms often get unnoticed by the patient first or they relate those of the pregnancy.
Conceiving with PCOS
In case, you have been detected with PCOS and it is the reason behind your infertility, you must not get dishearten. You have a possibility to induce ovulation. One can opt for fertility medications. These drugs have shown success in ovulation and pregnancy.
Some of these are as follows:
1. Metformin. It helps to regulate the amount of insulin in the blood. It also helps to resolve fertility issues.
2. Clomiphene citrate. It stimulates ovulation
3. Gonadotropins. These are known to be hormone shots, which cause ovulation.
4. Letrozole. This drug is known to block estrogen production. Instead, it increases production of follicle-stimulating hormone.
5. Ovarian drilling. If fertility medications fail, doctor may try doing a surgery known as “ovarian drilling.” In this method, a surgeon inserts a needle through the abdomen of the patient to destroy a smaller portion of the ovaries. This lowers the androgens produced by the ovary.