Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. NadirYour feedback matters!
Hi Pain in both leg ankle after running from last 10 years, doctors told it is spur. Please suggest.
I am a 42 years old male having joint pain particularly at both knees and fingers of both the hands. The pain increases particularity in winter. So kindly suggest the remedy.
I m 24 years old girl nd I have cervical prlm frm last 3 month nd that's why I can't ride by bike so what should I do fr relief.
I have severe backache from last three-year four months. I have consulted with doctor but not getting any relief. Please suggest some appropriate remedies.
She have permanently back pain. So which type of precaution she should take in general life to avoid such pain.
I am 24 years old female. I had smoked marijuana on 30 December. Ever since I feel numbness in my body. Perception of touch has reduced. What should I do to get rid of the numbness? Please help. I am scared.
I have hands and legs pain from past fifteen days and the pain is only in the early morning and night when going to bed. What is the reason for such pains?
My mother, 52 year old working lady, is experiencing body pain specially in left hand near elbow. Doctors say its case of tennis elbow, but because she is also a patient of bp, I am not sure. Please tell me if is it dangerous for her?
Head and neck cancers usually start in the squamous cells and are also referred to as squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck. It occurs in the nose, throat, mouth and salivary glands. Head and Neck cancers are further classified into various categories on the basis of the area of the neck and head where they occur. Although head and neck cancers are different, they both occur inside the mouth, sinuses, nose, salivary glands and throat, which are considered as a group.
Salivary gland cancers are generally very infrequent. An assortment of cancer causing cells is present in salivary glands, so various types of salivary gland cancers have been found to occur.
If you are habituated to consuming tobacco and alcohol, then you are at the highest risk of suffering from head and neck cancer; however, it can also be caused in people who suffer from infections caused by human Papilloma virus. Other factors may include:
- Oral health- Untreated gum diseases and oral cavity can be the reasons behind the development of the disease.
- Sex- Women are less prone to head and neck cancers than men.
- Lack of Nutrition- If your body is lacking in certain nutrients; you are more likely to catch the disease.
- Age- People above 40 years of age are more susceptible to head and neck cancer.
- Difficulty in swallowing- Inflammation and pain in throat, leading to a problem in swallowing.
- Hoarse Voice- Hoarseness or change in the voice.
Apart from this, there are some symptoms which show up in a specific area of your head and neck, such as:
- Oral Cavity- A red or white patch on the tongue, the gums or the lining of the mouth.
- Pharynx- Trouble in breathing and swallowing followed by a frequent headache.
- Surgery- Surgery is usually to remove the primary tumour in toto or as much as feasible. Also, clearence of the lymph nodes that are involved is done during surgery at the same time.
- Radiation Therapy- Radiation therapy is considered where functions like speech can be conserved.
- Chemotherapy- Radiotherapy in combination with chemotherapy can help, if you are suffering from a more advanced form of head and neck cancers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.
Hi. My mom is feeling partial numbness (or whatever you call it in medical terms) in hands. (It is just like when someone's hand or any other body part is pressed for a long time and the blood circulation stops. Then you feel that numbness.) It happens after doing a lot of work. Is it just a weakness or some other kind of problem? Help me plz.
I have a bend in both my arms. Is something wrong. I want to join the army and I am afraid whether it will affect my selection.Please help.
Hello I wanted to ask that is there any treatment for cervical spondylosis. According to the report it's like this narrowing of disc spaces noted at C3-C4, C4-C5, C5-C6, C6-C7 level .
Painful feet! What an absolute curse that is! Especially as it is not exactly an easy part of one’s anatomy to rest, not unless you are adept at walking around on your hands!
Metatarsalgia literally means pain in the ‘metatarsals’, which are your toes and the long bones of your forefoot. The pain occurs after periods of weight bearing, whether running, walking or even standing. The pain can be very intense and burning in nature, and occurs across the top of your foot at the base of your toes, and only really ceases when you take the weight off your feet.
Tips for SORE FEET
- Look at your footwear. Have your shoes collapsed at the sides, thereby reducing their support? If so treat yourself to a new pair!
- Do you wear high heels for most of the day? Try wearing lower heels and also go bare-foot in the evenings to give your feet a break!
- Try to exercise your feet by drawing your toes towards your heel and therefore raising the supportive arches of your feet.
- Stretch out your calf muscle; a tight calf can radically influence the performance of your feet and also lower leg.
- Also strengthen your calf by rising up and down on your tiptoes.
- Gently massage the tender tissues of your foot.
- Apply ice to the area if hot and swollen.
- If all else fails, seek advice from a physiotherapist.
Sciatica is often distinguished not as a medical condition but as a set of symptoms that underlie a more serious medical concern such as a slipped disc, degeneration of the spine or the lumbar region etc.
It is important to note the symptoms of Sciatica, as these are quite distinct -
1.Constant pain in one of the buttocks or leg (rarely are both legs affected)
2.The pain worsens on sitting
3.The pain is often described as a sharp & searing pain similar to a burning sensation
4.The pain is often accompanied by a heaviness or numbness that makes movement difficult
5.Shifting of postures (sitting to standing and back to sitting) becomes painful and laborious
An alternative to surgery would be to supplement the oral medication with certain specific exercises.
Reflexology, Acupuncture and Chiropractic manipulation are all considered effective to alleviate the pain to a large extent.
Patients are often encouraged to partake in daily exercise routine, incorporating strengthening and stretching exercises.
The strengthening exercises target the core or abdominal muscles along with the back muscles to provide more support to the back.
The stretching exercises will help to “loosen up” the surrounding muscle groups such as the hamstrings, which then allow for more blood and oxygen circulation alleviating the pain and giving the immune system a much needed boost.
When patients engage in a regular programme of gentle stretching and strengthening exercises, they can recover quickly (in comparison to those who do not exercise) from the flare ups and over time the painful episodes are known to reduce significantly, both in frequency as well as intensity.
Ancient holistic practices such Yoga and Tai-chi are often considered the best form of exercises for the afflicted because of the balanced and slow but controlled movements that complement the ‘breath’ rather than causing further exertion to the already fragile bone density.
It is recommended that expert advice be sought and the exercises should be undertaken only under trained supervision. Please do not attempt to “experiment” with Yoga or Tai-Chi on your own, as improper or wrong posture could lead to irreparable damage to the spine.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.